Home

Would YOU kill Hitler?

kipperthefrog

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

History abhors a paradox - Kain

Basically, it goes like this:

You go back in time to kill Hitler and succeed, but the future doesn't change. Why is that?

You went back with a sole purpose: Assassinate Hitler. So Hitler is dead and never rises to power, so the holocaust never occurs, WW2 never begins, and the world has 3 million more mouths to feed. That having been said: In the future why would go back if Hitler never became a dictator? You'd actually know nothing of him other than what it said in his Obituary. So therefor you'd never have a reason to travel back. So therefor you'd of never killed Hitler. So therefor, Hitler would have been Hitler.

Time removes the irritant. Plan and simple.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

what an utterly silly comment.... now, let me guess which country *you* are from..........

Damn staight, I'm from the USA.

Now let me guess... You AREN'T from the US.

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you, or generalize your statements as that of a non American.

an example.....if the UN hadnt come into cyprus in the mid 70s, my family, and therefore myself might not be here today....
I'm not sure what the UN did in the 1970's in Cyprus. I DO know that they declared the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus an illegal entity, but that was in the 1980's...

Im sure the many aid programs the UN oversees all over the world arent worth it either, right....
Oh, those aid programs are certainly a help, but can only go so far. And it doesn't help when you have all the first world countries (my GREAT country included ;))DESTOYING their own surplus food in order to raise farm prices. The UN has no power over this self-preserving process, and can do nothing about it as well. It's a little funny (in a sadistic way, mind you) when you have a country like America, with less than 5% of its population being farmers, able to feed the WHOLE WORLD with its farming intake, and then destroying its surplus food, while the UN can barely hold portions of Africa.

who needs the UN when your momma can drive you to the ATM and McDonalds......
My point exactly! You're catching on Astro! The UN has no impact on my life or my family's life. With half of my family living in a terrorist infested third world country mind you ;)

And remember the UN charter! The number 1 duty on the UN's charter was to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind.

Looks like they failed

:¬:

Originally posted by wassup

The Second World War is also what brought the United States out of the Depression and shaped it to be the superpower it was today.

I say don't change the past, instead, strive to change the future.

:wstupid:

No one can possibly predict what changing the past would truly accomplish.

Who know what would have happened??? I could save 12 million lives, but something else even worse could have happened instead... U cant predict what could have happend if u went back in time and killed hitler....

I'd kill Stalin before Hitler. Stalin was much worse than Hitler. I'd give Stalin a slow agonising torturing death to that @$$.

After the oppressed/forced/artificial famine he oppressed on Ukraine (my background) which killed millions (more than in the Jewish Holocaust) I have a hatred for the former Soviet government and the Belsheviks.

Originally posted by StormHammer

:wstupid:

Hey...

Anyways, if Hitler didn't come to power, then what if someone else, even more hideously mindbent on destruction and conquest than Hitler, did instead? Messing with the past could trigger many unforseen consequences.

yeah, you guys are hitting a little known fact

stalin killed ~ 45 million

mao zedung ~ 15-25 million

hitler ~ 6 million

lots of worse people out there and if you go back to like 16-17th century china, some emperor killed 1/3 of the population

yeah, but hitler is the most fameous. Ignorance of teh masses, feh.

The black plague whiped out more people. Too lazy to look it up now, but more than half of europe swas GONE.

Lets go back and kill the black plague.:D

Nah. Everything has a purpose. Leave the past be...

...if any of you nerds gifted and talented boys make a time machine, don't go back...

boy is this one messed up thread...good job kipper. We got ppl talkin space-time continuum on the one hand, saber and and I discussing the validity of the UN, and everyone else talkin about almost everything else....

*taps red shoes together...wishes Breton was here*

mtfbwya

Did you get this idea from Command and Conquer: Red Alert? The game is all about such a "what if" scenario. It basically assumes that Stalin takes Hitler's place as the perpetrator of World War II. Instead of Nazi Germany, the Allies fight the Soviet Union. The game's not meant to be taken seriously, (there's some downright cheesy aspects to it) but it's an intriguing idea.

Since the implications of time travel boggles the mind, I don't really think I can answer the question. Who knows what would have happened? Perhaps something more horrible would have happened, or perhaps a great tragedy would be averted.

Alright, that guy was right. If some guy ever invents a time machine, why didn't someone from the future visit us already?

furthermore, there is the time-paradox three people have yet explained.

And, maybe some people are supposed to go back in time, to make sure history will go the way we think so. an example, let's say Napoleon was actually winning waterloo, but someone came from the future and changed it, with his modern technology and stuff. We don't know wether the time has already been changed or not.

Mu-hah-haah! :xp: I laugh in the general direction of your feeble paradoxes!

There are a lot of sensible points in this thread, but the botom line is: the laws of causality being what they are, if you were to travel back and do something as MASSIVE as killing Hitler before the second world war, global events would change to such a scale that you wouldn't even exist. Never mind the fact that Time-Travel wouldn't be invented at the same time either.

The only way you could justify punishing him for his crimes would be after he'd carried them out. (Minority Report, flawed pre-crime etc.) Otherwise you're nothing but a murderer, working on some crazy 'hunch'.

Hell, how do you know it wasn't me who shot him in that bunker?

;)B.

This should be in the Senate really...

I seriously feel pitty for those who said they would kill Hitler, if it wasn't for him putting pride back into the people of Germany, the depression would have continued to exist until sometime into the mid 60's.

Hitler was a great leader, until he let his personal feelings and his syphalis take the best of him, I hold Respect for Hitler, and God damn anyone who disagree's with his ways :@

I'm not gothic or anything either..>_> I'm not a freak, so don't judge me, you pricks! :D

But for serious, Hitler wasn't an evil man, you and those who studied his mind only think it

Originally posted by †Ë×odusº§näkë†

I seriously feel pitty for those who said they would kill Hitler, if it wasn't for him putting pride back into the people of Germany, the depression would have continued to exist until sometime into the mid 60's.

Hitler was a great leader, until he let his personal feelings and his syphalis take the best of him, I hold Respect for Hitler, and God damn anyone who disagree's with his ways :@

I'm not gothic or anything either..>_> I'm not a freak, so don't judge me, you pricks! :D

But for serious, Hitler wasn't an evil man, you and those who studied his mind only think it

I don't get what you're saying here...

You think the holocaust was a good thing?

You think killing that many people was a good way to go?

You think goths approve of killing jews?

I certainly don't hope that's what you meant... :-|

And yes, he was a great leader, but he was screwed up too...

the ways hitler organized his party and came to power so efficiently is scary. he was a politcal genius. but that is a view of ours that we are looking back in time at. we can't go back and change it without affecting everything in the future. casuality does play in effect.

yes it does belong in the senate, but it's getting more people involved here B.

Archived