Home

Would YOU kill Hitler?

kipperthefrog

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd kick snake in the nuts, really hard.....

Look, I am not jewish, in fact I am muslim, and im often not too happy with the way that Israel conducts itself w respect to the palestine question etc, but I would never deny any holocaust survivor the homage they deserve for enduring that terrible period in hsitory...

I knew quite a few ppl who had the goth thing goin in high school. My old g'f was one, but I cant remember any of them identifying with the Nazis, or the Neo Nazis.... as far as I can remember most of them were just into the look, the music and the odd vampire novel, so you shouldnt be callin ppl freaks just because of the way they looked, and then get on here and say "Hitler wasn't an evil man"

silly little boy

mtfbwya

What Snake is trying to say, well what I hope he is saying, was that Hitler didn't have an evil intent, he was trying to do good for Germany and Humanity on a whole...unfortunately, what he did was infact evil although he didn't realize it.

Originally posted by Tyrion

What Snake is trying to say, well what I hope he is saying, was that Hitler didn't have an evil intent, he was trying to do good for Germany and Humanity on a whole...unfortunately, what he did was infact evil although he didn't realize it.

Don't think that's what he was saying, but let's just face some facts here:

- Hitler was in fact a great leader, but what he led wasn't anything to be proud of. His ideals were twisted; if he was alright with his opinions, he would have been a damn good leader.

- Going back in time, overall, is an incredibly dumb thing to do, even if possible. I'm always reminded of one of the Simpsons Halloween specials where Homer travels back in time and he remembers Grandpa telling him that if he ever goes back in time, don't touch anything. Well Homer killed some insect or something, and lo and behold he travels back and the world is completely different. Doesn't make any sense? The point is that time travel into the past would ultimately affect the present.

</soapbox>

I won't deny that Hitler was a good leader, but he was extremely twisted and his political ideals were more than morally questionable. I don't see the reason you look up to him Snake.

I think time travel would be cool. As long as we don't do anything to alter the future. Maybe staying inside the time box we're in, and just gazing out at the past.

*goes off to write a poem* :xp:

Ok, seriously, where did you pick the holocaust up? Hitler was a brilliant young boy, who, like EVERYONE, has their dark little secrets, but his grew darker, he led Germany out of their depression, giving back to them what England took away, and with all that, it was because of Hitler, jobs started opening up in Canada, England, and the U.S.

I never said I agreed with the holocaust or the killing of the jews, that was his dark secret, mixed with his syphilias.

The people of germany were too happy to see by him, until It was too late.

And what exactly would you accomplish by kicking me in the nuts?

Seriously, it's not my fault he only saved the people from the Depression, you retard.

:And it's not like I look up to Hitler completely, only to a small, political degree.

If I were Hitler though, the one mistake that led to his downfall was attacking Russia, going after the States would have been better, because their bastard of a president at the time had ford supply Hitler with it's tanks, it was a complete shoe in, I wonder if they made a deal not to attack the "Great US" even though the states sucks balls.

Meh'

Yes i would kill him, cause i know he would start the 2nd world war in the future

Crowy, aren't you from Sweden, and the sweed's took the jew's money, and then kicked them out of their country..but if you really want to get into hardcore about the holocaust, the people you should be blaming is the American, Sweden, and Canadian Governments for not allowing the jews to enter their countries.

I was watching a doc' today in civics, and I saw the disgust between those governments, I hate being seen as a canadian :( lol.

I don't think that made sense.

i have two points to make:

POINT OF VEIW

from the nazis point of veiw, Hitler was right! Hitler beleived he was clensing humanity of those he deemed impure and unfit to live. HE beveived he was ridding the jews thar were "destroying his country." HE beleived he was "uniting the other nations to become one strong country" so the world wont be divided aginst itself.

that was HIS point of veiw. ...and as obi-wan said "many truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of veiw."

WINNER IS ALWAYS "RIGHT"

ever notice how the LOOSER of each war is considered "wrong."

look at saddam, nepolian, hitler stalin, the english back during the revolutionary war, and the south in the civil war.they all lost the war, the all are considered "wrong".

see, the winner of each war is always considered "right"! if HITLER had won, the Americans would now be considered "bad guys"! maybie there IS no "right" and "wrong" only POWER!

...and the side with the most POWER always wins!

Originally posted by †Ë×odusº§näkë†

If I were Hitler though, the one mistake that led to his downfall was attacking Russia, going after the States would have been better, because their bastard of a president at the time had ford supply Hitler with it's tanks, it was a complete shoe in, I wonder if they made a deal not to attack the "Great US" even though the states sucks balls.

Meh'

:rolleyes:

I think you're completely insane. But that's just my personal opinion. And all of my respect for you has been completely flushed.

Let me think about what country you came from...

The U.S. while undoubtedly flawed throughout its history, has had many strong points. I know there's a country that hasn't made mistakes. The war was a way out of the Great Depression yes, but the deaths of millions of lives over the Depression? That doesn't make much sense now does it.

And now you say you blame the Holocaust on American, Canadian, and Swedish governments?

Kipper-It is true that sides think they are right. Otherwise there would be no point to them taking sides. They fought for what they believed in, even though it was wrong. Humanity must learn that hatred and blame will only bring about more hatred and blame. Until the world at large has its morals correct, that's when the world won't be divided against itself.

Ok, seriously, where did you pick the holocaust up? Hitler was a brilliant young boy, who, like EVERYONE, has their dark little secrets, but his grew darker,

Not much of a secret...
he led Germany out of their depression, giving back to them what England took away, and with all that,
Indeed, the Allies were too strict with the punishments used after WW1.
it was because of Hitler, jobs started opening up in Canada, England, and the U.S.
The war did make more jobs, however, I don't think that's a valid reason for starting a war - or even a 'dark little secret' like the Holocaust.

I never said I agreed with the holocaust or the killing of the jews, that was his dark secret, mixed with his syphilias.

You don't agree with him. OK. But being diseased does not make murder all right. Nor does it being a secret justify it.

The people of germany were too happy to see by him, until It was too late.

Yes, the germans were too trusting of their leaders.

And what exactly would you accomplish by kicking me in the nuts?

Seriously, it's not my fault he only saved the people from the Depression, you retard.

Flaming someone is not an asset. He did indeed save them from the depression, but at what cost? How do you calculate the magnitude of the evil perpetrated by those under his command?

:And it's not like I look up to Hitler completely, only to a small, political degree.

He was a great political leader.

Meh'

His one mistake was attacking anyone without reason. The war was unjustified. And, "the states sucks balls"? Eh? I have never seen a state (or states) do that before. You are priveliged, no doubt. Sounds like someone has a hurt ego.

Crowy, aren't you from Sweden, and the sweed's took the jew's money, and then kicked them out of their country..but if you really want to get into hardcore about the holocaust, the people you should be blaming is the American, Sweden, and Canadian Governments for not allowing the jews to enter their countries.
The persons responsible for the Holocaust were the Germans. The US, Canada, and Sweden did not order the mass slaughter of innocents.

I was watching a doc' today in civics, and I saw the disgust between those governments, I hate being seen as a canadian :( lol.

You can stop being a citizen, you know. Get some other country to naturalize you. Perhaps somewhere in Africa or something, where they still have dictators. You'd fit right in.

Some, but not all.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Snake - You really aren't making sence......

Actually he is making sense. The fact that you may disagree with his thinking does not make his post lack sense.

...I don't even have anything witty to say, I think that statement you made is just that stupid. :rolleyes:

Rarely do you say anything witty. Don't think of yourself so highly Z.

Anyways, someone gonna move this to the debate forum?

Why? Because there is a differing of views on a topic? That tends to happen a lot in some threads.

I'm one of those people in favor of not ****ing up the space-time continuum, thank you very much.

However:

I would not kill Hitler as the one who brought Germany, and ultimately the world out of the Depression. Sure, he told the League of Nations to go sit and rotate, then wipe their cheeks on the Treaty of Versailles, but you have to give a man due credit. At the cost of pissing off the world, he brought economies up from under.

Instead, I would kill the monster known as Hitler that came later in his reign, starting around the holocaust. There's an old phrase that goes around, "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." I shouldn't have to push this any further.

Where the hell are you getting this from? Germany had probably the best tanks of the time period. I'd be afraid to take on a Tiger or a Panzer in a Sherman, ****.

Hell, even the French had better tanks then us, and Germany did well to immediately assimilate them.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Actually he is making sense. The fact that you may disagree with his thinking does not make his post lack sense.

His post would make sense, but that would mean we'd be getting along with another dictator on our hands with means of war.;)

you summed it up perfectly.... I dont think 'dark little secret' is an accurate descriptor for the holocaust..... syphilis yes, holocaust NO....

and yes, Snake, if I was a retard I would have been gassed by the Nazis as well, as Nazi Germany did not tolerate the disabled, as it soiled their notion of ' a perfect race'

you are just a confused little boy....maybe you need a new passtime, perhaps a girlfriend me thinks....to stop you thinkin too much and coming with utter crap like that

mtfbwya

no I wouldn’t kill Hitler if I could go back in time, as much as I would like to. you don’t know what implications it could have. changing the slightest detail could have an enormous effect on the future. You would be saving millions of lives by killing Hitler, but what if somehow by killing Hitler you caused billions to die? You never know, maybe Hitler’s failure discouraged future megalomaniacs who would rather blow up the world if they couldn’t own it. maybe the set-up of the U.N discouraged future war lords. You just don’t know.

Originally posted by RoxStar

Time machines will never exist because no one has come back in time to teach us any secrets or look at any landmarks.

'k?

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read :p

Time travel into the past is impossible, without the existence of multiverses. Time travel forward is a completely different story. If you were able to travel back, even disrupting the way the air molecules were places before you got there would change the entire future of the world. So basically it wouldnt work.

You CANNOT go back in time. Time travel forward is theoretically possible.

But enough about that, back to hitler!

Originally posted by Mike Windu

His post would make sense, but that would mean we'd be getting along with another dictator on our hands with means of war.;)

Actually, what you just said did not make any sense.

Sorry to burst your bubble...

----------------------->;)<---------------------------

BOOYAH

:D

Originally posted by GonkH8er

Time travel into the past is impossible, without the existence of multiverses.

Oh, and you can prove that multiverses don't exist, can you?

If you were able to travel back, even disrupting the way the air molecules were places before you got there would change the entire future of the world.

Agreed, but I said much the same thing with my first post.

So basically it wouldnt work.

And you state this, presumably, with the same authority as our ancestors flatly refused to accept the shape of the Earth, powered flight and space travel.

;)B.

I'm not having a pop, GonkH8er, Just playing devil's advocate :D

For the most part, we all accept the fact that Hitler was an arsehole, so the morality of it isn't an issue, only the effect that it would have on the alternate future...

The multiverse thing says you can't really affect your universe with time travel - you'd just create a new one each time you traveled around. So what would be the point? Never being able to go back to the place you came from would be annoying.

If anyone's read the novel The Time Ships, it has a pretty good description of how such a thing would work.

I also read an interesting short story some time ago. It was written around the '20s or '50s, so it's pretty old, but it was interesting how it showed the multiverse concept. It was about some people who went back in time to kill dinosaurs (right before they would have died anyway) for trophies etc. They walked around on levitated platforms so they wouldn't wreck anything on the ground. One of them accidentally fell off, and killed a butterfly by stepping on it. When they went back to the future, they discovered that the world was now in the control of an evil dictator. The people with the guy went and shot him...

Mmm.. time travel and dictators in that story. Coincidence? :p

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I also read an interesting short story some time ago. It was written around the '20s or '50s, so it's pretty old, but it was interesting how it showed the multiverse concept. It was about some people who went back in time to kill dinosaurs (right before they would have died anyway) for trophies etc. They walked around on levitated platforms so they wouldn't wreck anything on the ground. One of them accidentally fell off, and killed a butterfly by stepping on it. When they went back to the future, they discovered that the world was now in the control of an evil dictator. The people with the guy went and shot him...

Hey I read that story too!

Good gracious! what a topic! No, I wouldn't do that, even if I had the chance... I'm just not made that way. I'd not kill someone from the past... who knows where that would put me... and you? For all we know, our ancestors may have lived in one area, but moved to another area to avoid Hitler's path.

If they didn't move, they may not have met the person they married and, as a result, we wouldn't exist, which brings back into view the whole thing where, if we don't exist, we couldn't go back in time to eliminate Hitler to begin with.

Archived