Home

Moviebattles II Mod

=tom=

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OJP Enhanced and MBII pwn all other mods !

Really, if you have some spare time, download the Beta 14 and Mappack for MBII.

They've got two servers running 24/7 (at least when the morons don't crash the thing with an overdose of droidekas):

Siege server (alot like CS in JA, and just as addicting), and a Dueling server.

Give it a try!

what i dont get is that most mbII servers are running siege maps and siege is no different from default there :\ only the ones with the maps (tantive etc) are different

only played jabba but i really really liked it, back in JA!

Yeah, it's a way cool mod - like Pnut_Master said it's like CS in the world of JKA. Phunk's really done a nice job on it.

There are custom maps made specifically for MBII - so the servers should be running those instead of the standard siege maps.

I had a blast playing this addictive little beauty in JK2 for a short while.

The two or three North American servers were pretty cool, there was a minimal amount of whining as everybody was so focused on winning the round and being the last man/woman standing, I found that using stealth as a Jedi was actually a very effective method and fun too. I think there were a couple of European servers, but they were doing stuff like re-enactments of the deathstar scene from the movies and, well, it wasn't appealing so I left within seconds and never returned.

I'm going to look into this for sure, sounds like as much fun as it was in JO, if not more.

OK - we've gotten a lot of the bugs out of the mod now, to the point where our test servers are now running consistely and well.

...so if you wanted to try out the mod, now would be the right time :)

There is still more to do (we remain at the open beta stage) - but it's mainly clean up stuff.

As already mentioned, goto http://www.moviebattles.com to download and install the mod. Also be sure to check out the forums (Just click on 'Community') for all the latest info and for any questions / suggestions you have.

Some good news:

Movie Battles is planned to be used during a full season at the Electronic Gaming League in Germany:

http://forums.moviebattles.com/showthread.php?t=35

Also,we are in the process of having two sponsered servers set up by http://www.wireplay.co.uk:

http://forums.moviebattles.com/showthread.php?t=82

(...check near the bottom of the thread.)

...and were not even (technically) out of beta yet...!

You should be able to play with a decent ping, Khier old-buddy-old pal ;)

I usually have a 130 on there, doesn't hamper my gameplay at all (nor has it ever--i've seen not one connection interrupted, only a few crashes in the previous build of the mod :p)

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

Lightning,

To choose a different class, you just click on the class name showing above the model list. THis moves you onto the next class and a new list of models will appear.

Damn making a lot of little stupid mistakes the last few days.:rolleyes:

Well guess i'll go reinstal the mod then. =P

(with out my little problem i liked it a lot.)

I recommend this mod to everyone. I've been playing this game and JO since June 2002, and since I've installed this it feels like a completely new game.

Now what are you sitting there watching this screen for, click on my sig and get downloading!

Hear hear. I've played Movie Battles since MBI was first released for JO. It's a shame the JO version never really caught on. However, it looks like this one is getting the publicity it deserves, and I for one am extremely grateful that RenegadeOfPhunk is finally being widely recognised for his work.

Awesome work on the mod. They don't call it "Movie Battles" for nothing. It truly does depict Star Wars action as it's seen in the movies. The mod breathes new life into the game and has provided me with countless hours of fun.

Thanks for enriching my JA experience so profoundly.

To be entirely honest, I'm not that thrilled about the mod in its beta state. Now I know it's just beta... but it's just too buggy for my taste.

Plus, I don't quite understand it fully. With the points system, Droidekas on the Tantive IV, Clone Troopers at Jabba's Palace, things are just a bit too intense.

I'll stick with my modified siege classes until the official MBII release. :)

Thx for the big ups Micheal and Hoodian ;)

To be entirely honest, I'm not that thrilled about the mod in its beta state. Now I know it's just beta... but it's just too buggy for my taste.

Fair play to ya. If a few bugs upset you too much, then I too encourage you to wait for the full release. Only download the beta if you want to get an impression of what the final mod is gonna be all about...

Although I've heard a lot of positive feedback about going open beta at this early stage. It's allowing us to get a lot of feedback and allowing us to really fine tune things like class balance...

With the points system

It's not that hard really - you earn points as you play, and those points can be used to upgrade your abilites, whether that be upgrading your saber skills and force powers as a Jedi, or upgrading your weaponry as a gunning class...

Droidekas on the Tantive IV, Clone Troopers at Jabba's Palace

The only game mode we have ready in the game thus far is called 'open mode' where any class is avaliable on any map. We will also be including an 'authentic' mode, where classes will be limited to fit the map - so no Droideka's on Tantive IV, or Clone troopers at jabba's palace.

...that's coming in the next build. Don't worry, we didn't just forget about that kind of stuff ;) It's been planned from the start...

things are just a bit too intense.

Ahh, well - if you dont' like intense gameplay, then that's fair enough -and it's probably best you stick to base jka or another mod...

Also, let me just take this chance to clear up a few misconceptions I've heard about this mod:

* This is NOT an RPG mod. Sure, the aim is to get in-game action closer to the movies. But I'm not talking about where the characters sat around and had a nice chat! I'm talking about where there was a massive, intense battle!

* This is NOT just a saber enhancement mod. While we have a new saber system in the mod, that is hardly the end of it. There is a lot more besides that...

* THis is NOT meant to be a game which takes base jka and tweaks / improves it. This is a mod which uses the siege gametype as a platform upon which essentially a new game is being created. The gameplay in MB is quite different from base jka, so be prepared for that when you try it out...

A lot of people are calling Movie Battles 'Counter-Strike in JKA'. While there is truth in that, I personally would describe it as a mix of both CS and - say - TFC, set in the Star Wars universe.

...anyway - just want to give a more accurate impression of what this mod is about...

It strives by weakening everything, so you have to work together to styay alive. Slower paced, but more strategic gameplay.

Unfourtunatley, no one uses teamwork in it, so until there's enough of an incentive to make people start using strategy/tactics, the mod is rather lacking. I know it's still in beta, but if the teamwork doesn't change, it will still be rather lacking when it's final.

5 Soldiers covering a particular important entrance on the Tantive IV map, while 2 heroes scatter slightly ahead to invertigate. The Imperial Forces pull of a massive 10 men assault and the Rebels litteraly scream "Fall Back".

Everyone groups behind the entrance and wait for the Imperial Forces to break through. The door blows up and hell's unleashed.

If you don't call that teamwork, then I don't know what is. A lot of teamwork is being applied, be it safely leading Jabba to an EXIT-point or fending of a massive Imperial Assault. Without teamwork you won't make it and it seems a lot of people know this.

Though, we're not enforcing it, as every class can defeat any other class 1-on-1. Teamwork just makes things easier for you and harder for the opponent.

It strives by weakening everything, so you have to work together to styay alive. Slower paced, but more strategic gameplay.

The E-11 is way faster than in the base game and is now very lethal (3 shots -> dead). The DC-15 shoots faster than a speeding bullet and the Bowcaster's aim is pure dead. Every weapon has undergone a speed increase.

It's true that the classes vary in speed, but in general are all above the base game. Force Speed shows true speed. Rockets that blow a whole group up in a blink of an eye. Droideka with the fastests shots ever, thermal detonators blowing Sith to pieces.

Perhaps our definitions of speed and weakening are different, but Movie Battles II is far more deadlier, more hectic and faster than Base JA.

Archived