Home

Moviebattles II Mod

=tom=

AVIAS,

I'd be interested in knowing the last time you played MBII. Cos to be honest, a lot has changed since I last saw you on any of our servers or the old forums (which no longer exist btw - new forums are on our new site).

I've got a feeling you'll find things quite differnent now. Oh dont' get me wrong, were still getting lots of new players in, so I'm sure you can still get involved in a 'n00b' game if you really try ;) But I assure you tactics are being formed and played on a regular basis now... just as Dacks has described...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

TFair play to ya. If a few bugs upset you too much, then I too encourage you to wait for the full release. Only download the beta if you want to get an impression of what the final mod is gonna be all about...

I love to mod but i really don't like those bugs so my plan is to just wait till the next beta and see if there are less bugs that irratetame. :p

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

AVIAS,

I'd be interested in knowing the last time you played MBII. Cos to be honest, a lot has changed since I last saw you on any of our servers or the old forums (which no longer exist btw - new forums are on our new site).

I've got a feeling you'll find things quite differnent now. Oh dont' get me wrong, were still getting lots of new players in, so I'm sure you can still get involved in a 'n00b' game if you really try ;) But I assure you tactics are being formed and played on a regular basis now... just as Dacks has described...

I still play it regularly, but I change my name just about every time, that happens when a few "people" *cough*******cough* insist on doing nothing but killing one person whenever they log on the server for making an estute evaluation of their skill in response to their critisism of my opinions, of course, the fact that I blasted through them time and time again might have had something to do with it as well.

glad ya guys liked my tantive IV and Jabba levels =]

you can now Download jabba as an FFA at

http://www.pcgamemods.com

its called jabba2a and is in staff pics on the left of the page if ya have trouble finding itas for tantive IV, after a load of other AOTC TC and 1 phantom menace TC map im making i will get round to adding a second floor with the working lifts, a bridge and a view outside to stardestroyer hanger....

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Master William

This is the best mod ever for JA so far. I love it... too bad there's so few servers supporting it, but atleast I've got my two MB servers...

There are around 4 servers isn't there? All of them have excellent pings so it's not really about problem.

As they say it's quality over quantity.

One of the reasons there aren't so many servers yet is that we have actively been encouraging people NOT to set up servers at this point.

...you've gotta remember that we are still in beta. Servers can sometimes crash. So only admins who have direct access to the server machine (and are patient enough to restart the server regularly..) could keep MB servers going for a good length of time atm

We'd prefer people to just try out the mod on our test servers first. The new build - which ideally should carry us out of beta - should be ready soon - THEN we will really start to spread the word properly - and then I imagine you will see a quite a few more servers popping up...

oh and btw - we have a few updates on the site, including server monitors for our test servers...

http://www.moviebattles.com/index.php?page=servers

...and a gallery...

http://www.moviebattles.com/index.php?page=gallery

If its a bandwidth problem I'm sure it'll bonce back up by the 1st. Otherwise I think someone needs to be refunding some money for the loss of a week. But I'm looking forward to it coming back up. It was one of the more active boards while I'm toiling away at work at night.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived