Home

AotC TC and Hypocrisy (no flamewars please)

razorace

Ok, the admins at the AotC TC forums have locked another one of my threads instead of responding to my issues, so, I'm reposting here.

Ok, I got a problem with this. AotCTC has been totally pushing the "don't edit our work" line but then you turn around and flat out use OJP material without following the OJP guidelines. Someone even stripped out all the OJP documentation from the ojp_vehicles_002.pk3!

That's just not cool. Now, I actually know you guys, so I'm not going to demand that you immediately fix the problem or I'll try to get the demo removed from the file servers, but this needs to be corrected for any future releases.

I imagine you guys just didn't know, but it's pretty damn disrespectful to do this when one of the team leaders is ON THE OJP MODERATOR STAFF and then didn't bother to tell the me or Phunk about this.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look I have no idea what Razor is going on about, and christ I should know. If you are going on about the demo, it aint in there, all the stuff is ours and made by Marz, and who is this OJP Co-Team leader, it sure as hell aint Ch1, is it?

Check the files in your own demo release package. I installed it to a new seperated folder just to see what was in it and....

1. \GameData\aotctc\ojp_vehicles_002.pk3

2. various OJP code aspects are referenced in the AotC TC. These are directly stated at least once in the readme.

And, yes, Chosen One is on the OJP moderator staff at the request of himself and Unique1.

Now, I have no problem with you guys using OJP material. Sharing is the point of the OJP. However, OJP has requirements for using OJP material in publically released mods and none of those requirements were met.

Oh, and since the other thread got locked, Anikin, just bacause you did it for free dosen't mean we have to like it. Just to let you know. You seemed to infer that we did in your last post.

Ok this is a good point. Anikin has destroid many a good remodle of some of the work donated to him and its getting realy anoying. Don't be so arrogent! SHARE!

I havent seen anything bad from you in the past razorace, thats why I believe you have a really good point here. From the looks of it the people of AotC TC are trying to silence you. I dont think that would be a good idea, plus it will make them look even worse. I think they need to try to talk about it, then trying to cover it up. I think its very rude for them to tell people not to use their work and then use yours with out asking. Also plus them trying to silence you from their forums, isnt good also.

I havent seen anything bad from you in the past razorace, thats why I believe you have a really good point here.

Not to mention its probably frustrating as hell to deal with them now that thier heads are stuck in the sand trying to hide.

It seems to me (and I think I've said this before) that there needs to be clearer chains of organization in AOTC. HOWEVER - I strongly concur with Kurgan and the others. Whatever you feel on this, respect what Razor asked to start with and don't turn this into a flame war. I hope these issues can be worked out within the AotC team, otherwise it'll be disastrous for community unity (as we tended to see in the JK2 community, where it turned into a flaming war of "I hate your guts"). Seriously, let's try to keep to the point of the projects: fun and common base for coding and stuff (in the case of OJP).

Anything else, to be perfectly honest, isn't worth it - simply because of the damage it'll do to the community. I am extremely supportive of OJP and everything Razor does - I am also supportive of Anakin's efforts to keep things civil between the two groups, and can only applaud those who have been trying to be polite. As I said, I think the biggest change needs to happen within the AotC team - but as I'm not privy to that, that's all up to you guys.

I don't beleive that. Several of those topics were still on topic, but were just being negative about the TC.

I've also seen others' and my posts get deleted from the TC's forum threads when they were negative in any way (including constructive critizism).

Paternership, well that really never took off, Im not sure we really got around to it and sorted things out. As I keep on saying you guys have really got it in for us at the moment and there are processes in place to make things move along smoother, ok you were expecting all bells and whistles etc, and yes so was I. Im not going to make excuses for the demo, but the code was great you all wanted more than we gave you, and this will be rectified. I dont want to let the community down and im sure as hell aint going to beaten down by some of the a-holes that have been posting on this forums and others. I have had a LOT of support from other people emailing me telling me how supportive they are and 'dont let the basterds get you down' . Im not arguing the fact that this file was in the demo, I looked in there and yes it there, hell shoot me and do something but stop the screwing around with the bitching and crap that I am taking at the moment, this was some week off the TC and all of this, I have taken the day off to sort out stuff and I expect that you guys better cut us some slack. The staff are pissed off with you all and most of the fans are at some of you too, either this stops or there will be no staff to do the TC.

I will state thought this isnt intened at anyone in particular this is just a general feeling that we the 'Attack Of The Clones TC Staff' are feeling.

Archived