Home

My dream has come true...

Darklighter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well its about time zelda started lookin like it belongs on the 3rd generation consoles..... nice....I have a cube now, might have to cjeck it out. If anyone here has a cube make sure you check out Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, its quite fun, and looks superb...

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

sure it looks cool, but if you haven't forgotten, square's Final Fantasy series has been looking kick ass for a very long time....

im still looking forward to checkin this out tho :)

mtfbwya

......says the guy with the FF sig.

Remember, FF has always tried to have real-life graphics, Zelda's been experimenting a little. Don't forget they were planning to do this since 2000

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

sure it looks cool, but if you haven't forgotten, square's Final Fantasy series has been looking kick ass for a very long time....

im still looking forward to checkin this out tho :)

mtfbwya

Sure final fantasy is cool, but if you haven't forgotten, there are other things in life....

;)

Originally posted by Darklighter

My wish has finally been realised...

http://cube.ign.com/articles/513/513375p1.html

That's right ladies and gents, Nintendo has announced the brand new Legend of Zelda for GC, which will be shown at E3...and it's not Wind Waker, but a fully-fledged sequel to the Ocarina of Time! :D

If you click on the "screenshots" tab at the top of the page, you'll see why this game is such big news. The graphics look like a massively upgraded version of the brilliant N64's OOT. Link is now an adult, and the character model looks amazing, as does the other bad guys and scenery. It's all in-game engine, no CG stuff, yet it still looks fantastic.

Go to "videos", however, and you'll see actual in-game footage, and see how great this game is going to be. The shots of Link riding his horse and attacking enemies as he goes are particularly cool.

I love that they've returned to the original OOT " realistic look", and always hoped they'd release a follow-up. Seems my Zelda "OOT look vs cel-shaded look" thread a few months back did some good after all XD Just thought I'd share this (exciting IMO) news with all of you. I'm glad Zelda's back on track ^^

:eek:

That has really made my day. :D :D :D :D

*Kicks WindWaker Box*

Originally posted by IG-64

Sure final fantasy is cool, but if you haven't forgotten, there are other things in life....

;)

IG, you bewilder me at times. Of course FF isnt the most important thing in life !

I was just saying that its about time the Zelda series exploited the graphical capabilities of the cube. FF Crystal Chronicles was recently released on the cube and is superb to behold visually. So for Zelda fans Im sure it's a most exciting development... better late than never I guess :)

mtfbwya

it does look sweet... good thing too as the cube has been looking a bit anemic as far as new games go.

Cube (advance) wars, zelda, metroid echoes... things are looking up.

They may have left it a bit late to release this zelda game though, i mean it looks cool, but not as mindblowing as it would have looked if they had released it a year or two back.

I think i'll wait for Crystal Chronicles on the DS... since you need to buy a load of handhelds to play it anyway, why nt just cut out the cube altogether and play on the move.

shame they were stubborn and didn't do this years ago. If this had been a launch title i think they would have wiped the floor withxbox, instead of continually playing catchup.

(Not that wind waker sucked, but it did reenforce their "cute" image that doesn't play as well in the west).

I always wanted to try Crystal Chronicles, but i don't have the gameboys and friends (nearby) to play it properly. So I'm looking at the DS version with interest.

Add in Tales of Phantasia (looks awesome), Metroid 2 and advance wars cube and things are starting to look up.

I'm fed p of seeing games that look cool and finding out they are being released on everything except the cube though....

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that actually liked Wind Waker :rolleyes: But anyhoo,

:o :o :o

I jus tsaw the trailer, and HOLY SHET! Now I have to wait for this game now...

*sits down waiting for game*

*Rhett runs by nekkid*

*:o*

Looks like E3 will be a good year for RPGs..... with Zelda, FF12, KOTOR2 :D

...I cant be buggered starting a new thread but FF12 is also appearing at E3..... I have a cube, and have never played Zelda, so Im assuming wind waker mustve been pretty shyte for you guys to be gettin all excited like this :p

here's some ff12 screenies/fmv shots to show you kids that square created the envelope that everyone else tries to push....

ff12.jpg

for anyone interested in more about FF12, check out :

Official Site Clickity

Cool fan site clicky

mtfbwya

*puts hand out for endorsement cheque fro square-enix......waiting...........*

Archived