Home

Nintendo DS

Sam

Dunno....

I'm just passing along the info. I know you won't get in any trouble if you look.

Im so glad nintendo knows what they are doing with this DS. It could have flopped dead.

Nintendo's so called third pillar. I don't know what to feel towards it yet.

I thought it was gonna bomb worse than the ngage...

But these new screens changed my mind completely.

I still think it's going to bomb. Like gamecube is doing right now. Only thing keeping Nintendo alive is that game boy advance...

*imagines nintendo being bought out* ahhhh

Some of the games look cool however. Let's hope nintendo doens't make a stupid "connectivity" rule with the gamecube.

damned crazy developers...

cooo, a hand held 64....

whats weird and off subject, I have a Xbox, it is hard, heavy, and weights 8 pounds, and the controlers are the same, and when I see a Nintendo 64, its like one pound, hollow, cheap feeling, and just feels like cheap crap, same with the controlers.... and I wanted to buy it 4 years ago for $100, now look at the Cube :confused:

BTW: it will be like $150 and the games will be $40 each

TiE

DS looks pretty cool. It basically is the next Gameboy advance, and if they don't stop this whole "third pillar" rubbish they are going to mess it up.

Nintendo always seem to make the best stuff and have the best ideas, then ruin it with stubborness (sticking to decisions proved wrong like online play and only FINALY doing a 3d zelda).

It is a Gameboy Advance DS and they know it is.

The only thing interesting about the PSP is the possible move abilities, but i don't know enough about the storage format to know it it is going to be any good. I see evil copy protection issues and hassle.

I can already watch films and stuff on my gp32, and it is cool occasionally, but there are only limited opportunities when you want to watch a film on the move on a tiny screen. So it is less use then you think.

- Using the touchpad stylus for mouselook in Metroid sounds cool.

- Mario 64x4 looks awesome.

- Haven't seen any shots yet, but i can see Crystal Chronicles as being way beter on the DS than the Cube. Four swords would probably work really well too.

- I just hope they don't overdo the gimmicy control games and make too many mario-paint/rub style games and not enough decent ones.

THey should do goldeneye DS. That would rule (as goldeneye 2 sounds worse the more i hear about it).

Originally posted by manoman81

Well, I just saw this thread after posting in the other one about the new Zelda...Here's what a friend sent me

http://www.fatmangames.com/News/NewsViewer.asp?newsid=1213

from that website

For starters, the DS has two media bays - complete backward compatibility with the GBA is here!_ With two big control enhancements - touch screen can be used as an on game keyboard, and you could use it to draw (yes, there will be drawing software..)._ And - another stadium rocking announcement, there will be a built in microphone - for VOICE recognition in games._ The crowd is frothing, and even I'm losing control at this point - exciting._ And here's where one of the big, big questions gets answered;

What is Nintendo's online strategy?!

How about this - the DS supports 16 player wireless at 100 feet apart!_ Instant chat, draw, sending pictures to each other, and..._ If you get in range of other people, the DS automatically turns on, and activates online mode if you want._ And there's more.

It's got wi-fi.

That's right, completely wireless internet / LAN play with a portable system._ Absolutely cool._ My mind really is reeling with the news._ I hate to buy into hype like that, but it's obvious that Nintendo has thought this one out, like no other product before it._ And.._ All E3 attendees (me!) get to play the DS tomorrow._ ROCK.

Here's the kicker._ The DS (which will have a new name when it launches) is targeted release THIS YEAR for Japan and America._ Europe gets it next year._ Nintendo promises a low price, as well.

HOLY COW!!! Thats friggin awesome. I thought low of the DS as well, but this is kickass

Originally posted by XERXES

If this DS thing is a new system, why are they making it. There is already the game cube, I dont see the need for another one.

Its actually more like a GBA.

And Nintendo makes a new Gameboy almost nevery year or two, with a bunch of new goodies. ;)

Originally posted by ZBomber

Its actually more like a GBA.

And Nintendo makes a new Gameboy almost nevery year or two, with a bunch of new goodies. ;)

Whats wrong with the old ones? I still play my first edition game boy, I dont need no stinkin color graphics, 3d to have fun.

But are you willing to spend your money (or your parents) every year to buy all the latest new game systems?

Archived