Home

I create a scumm game

damien11

I'm working about old scumm games SAM&MAX1, MONKEy2, MONKEY1, Day of the TENTACLE, INDIANA JONES AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS...

These games are composed with a lot of different files : ROOM, CHAR, COST, RMIM....

ex: The COST files are the costumes files ( 'cause characters are ... costumes)

I know several persons work on Scumm file because a lot of utilities are existing... ScummVm, ScummRevisited, Costume Ripper...

I'm looking for someone who can help me :

:confused: :confused:

i've got a problem about COST FILES. The COST FILES from SAM&MAX (or DOTT) are different than the COST FILES from Monkey2 ... Then, we can't use the COST FILES from SAM&MAX in MONKEY2...

I'm looking for something which can convert the COST FILES format of SAM&MAX to the COST FILES format of MONKEY2.

I don't understant how costumes are working, i just know it use a palete file ( for the colors...) . And palete files are different in MONKEy2 and in SAm&MAX... :(

So, please, gimme an answer , how i can convert the costumes files !!!!

THANK !

Its not that simple. First you need to put make a reader to read the Sam n Max costume file. Next you need to make a program that will read each byte of that file and convert it to the appropriate byte so that it could be Read by MI2.

You see, both MI2 and SNM are different versions of the SCUMM engine.

If you need more info, go to this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=98093

or here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=120611

In SCUMM2D or SCUMM16, it has the source code included. So you could see how to read the files.

Check out also SCUMMVM. If you look at the source code, you could see the file formats for each version of the engine. Plus the site will include other Details regarding Engine Specs and information.

Lastly, you could also see the CVS for SCUMMVM, and if you go to the SCUMMEX directory, thats the source code to a bunch of tools the SCUMMVM team is looking to create to get us to view files, convert them and even possibly make our own games. Plus SCUMMVM comes with a butload of tools too.

Check it out.

KA

http://www.masterfxgames.com/scumm/scummex.rar

Thats all the sources for SCUMMEX that I think are needed.

I havent compiled it yet. So I dont know how well this works.

I included the GPL, so hopefully it is alright for me to have uploaded it. If not, Apologies to the SCUMMEX and SCUMMVM Team, and I will take it off immediatly.

But from what I understood from the GPL, I could provide it for upload.

All credit for these sources goto Ender and all the SCUMMVM team.

On a technical note, you may need SDL libraries, and WXWindows in order for this to compile well.

If anyone compiles this into an actual file, please let me know. I would love to see how this looks.

KA

Okay, so then I didn't upset anyone?

Just thinking about this, I should have probably e-mailed you before actually uploading this. Oh well. Next time I will think before doing.

But hopefully all is ok. And Ender, if you need any webspace for any projects, let me know.

KA

Thank you for your answers!

But i didn't resolve my problems ... I don't understant how pictures are stocked ( are coded) in the scumm files... i know it's file called SMAP but i don't understant how it's working !?

I've seen a lot of sources, but it doesn't help me. I think i need to read the sources of Scumm-Revisited or Costume Viewer ( or Ripper)... But i haven't found it...

Could you help me?

Is someone know how pictures are recorded , coded (images... like backgrounds , costumes...) ?

PLEASE !!!!

My project is working but i miss it !!!!

Archived