Home

How Convert Costumes files????

damien11

I'm working about old scumm games SAM&MAX1, MONKEy2, MONKEY1, Day of the TENTACLE, INDIANA JONES AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS...

These games are composed with a lot of different files : ROOM, CHAR, COST, RMIM....

ex: The COST files are the costumes files ( 'cause characters are ... costumes)

I know several persons work on Scumm file because a lot of utilities are existing... ScummVm, ScummRevisited, Costume Ripper...

I'm looking for someone who can help me :

:confused: :confused:

i've got a problem about COST FILES. The COST FILES from SAM&MAX (or DOTT) are different than the COST FILES from Monkey2 ... Then, we can't use the COST FILES from SAM&MAX in MONKEY2...

I'm looking for something which can convert the COST FILES format of SAM&MAX to the COST FILES format of MONKEY2.

I don't understant how costumes are working, i just know it use a palete file ( for the colors...) . And palete files are different in MONKEy2 and in SAm&MAX... :(

So, please, gimme an answer , how i can convert the costumes files !!!!

THANK !

Thank you for your answers!

But i didn't resolve my problems ... I don't understant how pictures are stocked ( are coded) in the scumm files... i know it's file called SMAP but i don't understant how it's working !?

I've seen a lot of sources, but it doesn't help me. I think i need to read the sources of Scumm-Revisited or Costume Viewer ( or Ripper)... But i haven't found it...

Could you help me?

Is someone know how pictures are recorded , coded (images... like backgrounds , costumes...) ?

PLEASE !!!!

My project is working but i miss it !!!!

Archived