2. The New Zelda game would be on the oceans again, like Wind Waker

This is what I now know:

1. The New Zelda game is not cel-shaded

2. The New Zelda game is set in Hyrule

3. The New Zelda game is my new favourite game of all time

OH MY GOD

This is the trailer for the new Zelda game. Nintendo are the best EVER

This is what I thought before and after:

1. The new Zelda game would be cel-shaded.

2. The new Zelda game SHOULD be cel-shaded because it looks all nice like that.

And here's what I know now!

1. The new Zelda game will not be cel-shaded!

2. I like it that way!

I don't really want to know much else though, because the game should be as big a surprise as possible. And succumbing to hype is baaaad.

I'll be called a philistine, but I don't get this guy with a gnome hat. Is the game cutesy, or what?

You've never played a 3D Legend of Zelda game, have you? Or if you have, for more than five minutes?

The trailer is impressive to any LOZ fan who knows what Nintendo are capable of. Now we have a hint that they are listening to the critics of The Wind Waker. That's what's exciting.

I do not think this is Wind Waker 2. In fact, it looks more like Ocarina of Time 2.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that it happens after Young Link (from Majora's Mask) grows up, either in Hyrule or a new place. It has to be a prequel to Wind Waker.

The line "will the light fade and the darkness win?" (or something like that) makes me think of the opening of Wind Waker. Maybe it is set in that time when Ganon managed to take over, but in an alternate universe when the Hero DID appear.

And I can't believe I'm talking about this in a LucasArts forum.

hmmn...I think Nintendo still should make *some* game that is cel shaded.

I love the Cel shaded look.

They should aim for graphics like that Robbie Williams "Let Love Be Your Energy" video clip that blew us all away in 2001.

..atleast those that saw it.

If we're taking bets, I say that this isn't the promised "Wind Waker 2", which is probably going to use the cel-shaded WW engine and is going to come out later next year, but this Zelda will be for N5/GC2, like Mario 128 is almost definitely going to.

Do you want a list of reasons why GameCube is the best console?

1. Super Mario Sunshine. Yes, not as good as 64, but still shows just what a pure gaming experience is meant to look like.

2. The Wind Waker. We've mentioned that. Finest game ever made, especially since it came bundled with Ocarina of Time and Master Quest.

(note to MI fans - didn't Windfall Island (if you ignore the sail) feel a little bit adventure-game-ish?)

3. Metroid Prime. No, not a true FPS. It's better than that. Arguably better than the two games above, but I wouldn't be the one to argue that point - just the most original out of the three.

4. Mario Kart: Double Dash. Finest multiplayer racing game ever, if you ignore the other Mario Karts.

5. Super Smash Bros Melee. Still my most-played GC game and finest multiplayer fighting game ever, bar none. Too many evenings have been devoted to this...

6. The Wavebird. Yes, it's a pad, but you'll think wires look stupid after getting one of these.

7. Eternal Darkness. A truly creepy tale told well, featuring half of LucasArts' voice talent (Earl Boen as a detective and the guy who runs the perfume stall in EFMI as a tough Indiana-Jones-alike, for example) and a bad guy who is actually Skeletor, complete with a Frank Langella-like voice. A masterpiece of terror and imagination.

8. Resident Evil. The remake is shock-horror perfection, and 4 looks set to wipe the floor with Outbreak. 0's not too bad, too.

9. Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon... the GC is home to the most original games out there.

10. Viewtiful Joe. "Henshin-a-go-go, baby!" Classic. Who said 2D side-scrolling beat-em-ups were dead, or incapable of innovation?

11. Rogue Leader. Yes, it's fun. Had to have a LA game in there somewhere.

There are damn loads more (not to mention certain sequels to games mentioned above), but I'll let others (LucasTones?) have a say.

XBox=cheap PC and Halo Co-operative (which rivals Smash Bros for my most-played multiplayer game).

PS2=Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo 4, Pro Evo Soccer (if that's your thing), and Transformers.

In my opinion. Note that down.

I'm sceptical about the new LOZ appearing on GC though. Imagine N5 launching with Mario 128 and this real Zelda. I say that the cel-shaded Wind Waker 2 is still to come...

Nintendo said they've done a lot of work on Mario 128 and no-one really knows about it. Remember when one day they showed everyone Mario Kart Double Dash and said "a couple of months, then its done" - it was so sudden.

4 mario titles 1 zelda title in your list.. which is only 11 titles long, so this proves my point. There isnt much going for it other than these.

Resident Evil has generally been done to death already on PS/PS2.

Rogue Leader is Star Wars therefore predictable and has also been done to death..

The others I can't comment on since I havent heard of them or played them.

What is GC anyway a 64bit console? Since I thought N64 was.

From the horses' mouth - "In 2005, Link will be let loose on a new and exciting Nintendo GameCube excursion to fight evil and seek treasure. Stay tuned for more information!"

You can't say Rogue Leader is predictable and "been done to death" just because its Star Wars. For one, its set in the original universe, which hasn't really been done properly since X-Wing and Tie Fighter on the PC. As a flight sim its amazing fun, not to mention the graphics. If you're a Star Wars fan then the little touches like the original cast recordings and orchestral score are a nice touch too.

Out of the three next-gen consoles, the best platformer is easily Super Mario Sunshine. The best multiplayer game is between Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros., and the best overall game is Wind Waker by a country mile.

:p

PS. How the hell could it be a 64 bit console? Have you even seen the graphics on Mario Sunshine compared to Mario 64? Have you compared the Zelda trailer graphics to the graphics in Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time?? Jeez

Archived