Home

New Zelda Owns All

elTee

It's Star Wars therefore it's evil ¬¬

I am confused as to what the GC is because:

"Imagine N5 launching with Mario 128"

Now N5 I assume is the new nintendo console which is 128bit... so what does that make GC? Or am i totally getting wrong end of the stick here.

I think he meant because everyone is talking about Mario 128. I have to admit, I haven't heard of this one before, as I bought my cube for Rouge Leader, SSBM, and Zelda. It's been kinda confusing me too, because the gamecube IS 128 bit, why are you all talking about Mario 128 as if it'll be on the next system? Wouldn't that be Mario 256?

Anyway, I've gotta advocate getting a gamecube. It's really the only system that has truly exclusive games. If a game does well on the other systems, they'll port it to PC eventually (GTA3/VC or Halo, for example). Nintendo has the licenced characters that can't be put on any other system, so of the consoles it's the most worthwhile. You can get any of the games really worth playing on X-Box or PS2 for cheaper on PC. The best games on the 'cube are ONLY on the cube, so get one. It's cheaper than the other systems too.

One last note: What's wrong with the 2d Zeldas? I bought both Oracle games when I didn't even have a game boy, just so that I could play them when I got one. I got an SP when it came out, and so far, all I've played are the 4 gameboy zeldas and DKC.I have to admit, the Console 2d zeldas are a little clumsy, but if done right, as the GB ones have been, they are some of the best games you can find. So yeah. That's it for me.

Originally posted by Alien426

The GameCube's 64 bit.

Thanks for that piece of information kind sir..... Excuse me one second..

Ahem.

Originally posted by Lucastones

PS. How the hell could it be a 64 bit console?

*Turns head to Lucastones... sticks tongue out* NYANYANYANYANYAA NYAAAAAAA whos yo daddy now b*tch :p:D

One of developers said this also:

"The GC's Gekko processor is 32-Bit, with a 64-Bit FPU.

I code for the Gamecube, so it's safe for me to say it's a 32-Bit CPU.

(The XBOX as well (duh?), The PS2 _does_ have a 128-Bit main CPU)

Having a 128-Bit GPU doesn't make a console '128-Bit' BTW."

The name "Mario 128" comes from three areas:

1. The nickname, used by various magazines and websites, to describe the next proper 3D Mario game. (which in itself stems from...)

2. The demo used to show the graphical power of the GameCube featuring 128 Marios, which was said to be the engine running the next proper Mario game.

3. Mario 64 2. Or, Mario 64 x 2=128. Mario 128. Sunshine is more of an add-on pack.

Saying Mario 128 will be on N5 (one nickname for the next Ninty console) is an act of pessimism on my part. Nintendo has been promising it for GC for ages, but it has still failed to materialised and their next console really needs to launch with a decent Mario title this time.

You can get any of the games really worth playing on X-Box or PS2 for cheaper on PC. The best games on the 'cube are ONLY on the cube, so get one. It's cheaper than the other systems too.

There you go. If you want the best games, you have to have a GC.

ONLY 11 points?! Like I said: I was TIRED! I made that list with my brain turned off. I was hoping some kindly forumites would add a few more to that list to save me doing it.

Make a PS2 and Xbox one while you're at it. Exclusives only, please.

(I've never heard the word "Only" in connection to Metroid Prime and The Wind Waker before)

"In 2005, Link will be let loose on a new and exciting Nintendo GameCube excursion to fight evil and seek treasure. Stay tuned for more information!"

Excellent. I shall change immediately.

4 mario titles 1 zelda title in your list

(God I hate over-quoting - damn you and your diabolical debate skills!)

Yes, because Legend of Zelda Kart: Double Dash isn't out yet.

Super Smash Bros is just a catchy title. It is NOT a "Mario" game. Popular misconception, don't worry about it.

Luigi's Mansion isn't really a Mario game.

Just because Nintendo throws about Mario's name a lot to sell games (Mario Kart, Tennis, Golf, Party, Paint...) doesn't make them "Mario" games.

Actually, there's three Zelda games in there. 2 and a hard mode if we're getting technical.

Amazing how some people comment on games without even playing them. Saying "it doesn't interest me" is fair enough, but

saying:

Resident Evil has generally been done to death already on PS/PS2. Rogue Leader is Star Wars therefore predictable and has also been done to death.

then saying "I can't really comment" is a bit of a contradiction. You're dismissing these games (Res Evil in particular is the finest version available) on the basis of other games on other consoles, which if I did that I'd never have bought my much loved N64. I couldn't stand the SNES and the 2D Mario and Zeldas.

Originally posted by The Tingler

(God I hate over-quoting - damn you and your diabolical debate skills!)

Yes, because Legend of Zelda Kart: Double Dash isn't out yet.

Super Smash Bros is just a catchy title. It is NOT a "Mario" game. Popular misconception, don't worry about it.

Luigi's Mansion isn't really a Mario game.

Just because Nintendo throws about Mario's name a lot to sell games (Mario Kart, Tennis, Golf, Party, Paint...) doesn't make them "Mario" games.

Actually, there's three Zelda games in there. 2 and a hard mode if we're getting technical.

Amazing how some people comment on games without even playing them. Saying "it doesn't interest me" is fair enough, but

saying:

then saying "I can't really comment" is a bit of a contradiction. You're dismissing these games (Res Evil in particular is the finest version available) on the basis of other games on other consoles, which if I did that I'd never have bought my much loved N64. I couldn't stand the SNES and the 2D Mario and Zeldas.

Smash bros has mario characs in it... thus it is a mario based game :p

Its a mario game as long as it uses at least one of the characs from the saga... It's only original if it's completely new characs imo.

Look ive played 4 res evil games... I have had my fair share of the horror shock genre, another one of these titles does not interest me in the slightest. The game developers are hardly likely to come up with some original gameplay... it will just be a new story and same gameplay.

I cant say anything about the original titles because I haven't played them, that's a fair comment in my opinion. I can't say if they are good or bad. This does not mean I am not willing to give them a try.

Smash bros has mario characs in it... thus it is a mario based game :p

And Link. And Young Link. And Zelda. And Ganondorf. And Tingler (sorry, Tingle). And a cool orchestrated version of the Legend of Zelda theme.

Not to mention Samus (Metroid), Ness (Earthbound), Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth & Roy (Fire Emblem), Captain Falcon (F-Zero), even the bloody Ice Climbers. It's a Nintendo Collection, not a Mario Game.

I'll let you off from Resident Evil though. 4 is still looking fantastically different though. No zombies in it, apparently.

Originally posted by The Tingler

And Link. And Young Link. And Zelda. And Ganondorf. And Tingler (sorry, Tingle). And a cool orchestrated version of the Legend of Zelda theme.

Not to mention Samus (Metroid), Ness (Earthbound), Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Marth & Roy (Fire Emblem), Captain Falcon (F-Zero), even the bloody Ice Climbers. It's a Nintendo Collection, not a Mario Game.

I'll let you off from Resident Evil though. 4 is still looking fantastically different though. No zombies in it, apparently.

Ok then ill call it even and say smash bros is not a mario game since you are letting me off resident evil :D

No zombies... hmm well I guess it must be boring for the designers to always put in generic zombies which dont do much anyway.

Archived