Home

Animation Help

I've stocked up on ideas for animations for jedi academy. But i can't possibly complete them all in a timely manner. Is there anyone familiar with softimage or max animation that would be willing to help out or at least work parallel with me.

I can get you setup with the aniamtion process to get them merged with the _humanoid.gla...

Ok, I know. It's always me... (both we know there are only 2 or 3 animators around here... you, tfighterpilot and me - 2 or 3 becuase I don't even know if Tfight is animating anymore...)

Could you tell us what kind of animations do you have in mind (if you can spoil us something :) ) and what do you want to do: an animation package, OJP stuff, or a project animation package?

Geez where to begin.

attacks attacks attacks. Mostly melee, some with a saber in hand. And some with interaction with the defender.

Grabs.

The force anims that don't mesh well because it uses a hand with a saber in it need to be changed.

Better swimming anims to encourage water maps.

And other movement based add-ons and refinements.

You can do emotes. But I won't touch them and you'll have to convince a coder to code them in.

Animations will be much easier to expand on once lucasfiles puts up the _humanoid animation files OJP recieved from raven software.

That's pretty weird because both password and username are just "ojp", and nothing else must be added... I've tried right now this from another comp, and it works. If you want I can send you all three files you need.

I was able to connect, don't worry about it. My problem is that the max file was made in max4 and I have max5 so it says something about an obsolete version. I can load it though. Are the bones supposed to be connected? Cuz they aren't in neither the max not the xsi

Well. This time the bones become Meshes, so don't touch them. All you have to move now are Helpers. In MAX files helpers are green boxes, and they're between two bones, so where there are two bones, in the middle there's a green helper. As XSI file, the skeleton seems better, because with that you can play with Facial bones (making cool faces for players), but the story is the same: a helper for every two bones, although this time the helper is a small red +. About the file format, don't worry. I have MAX 5 too, and I have the same message every time. Once you animate and re-save with another name there won't be that problem anymore (for that file...).

Originally posted by darthviper107 So OJP has the full _humanoid animation XSI from Raven? Are you guys going to release it?

Nope. OJP has the skeleton to make new animations, and ASK made the program to add new animations ingame. And both skeleton and software are avaiable to the public. Just go to the OJP hosted forum. Remember to give credit to everyone, if you 're going to animate.

BTW, Keshire, I can make whatever you want. Just assign me the animation you want me to make, and I'l lwork on it with no problem.

So OJP has the full _humanoid animation XSI from Raven? Are you guys going to release it?

Sorry NG yes we do. It was submitted to Lucasfiles a few days ago. As well as several other goodies that I recieved. the full raw data is 450 megs. and uncludes cinematics as well as unused stuff. But thats only available by request to serious developers. :)

WHAT??? I want it. I need it. I'll poke around Lucasfiles, and I'll see what I can take. I'm interested in that data. I need it. It might help me. It might help OJP, and you too. And BTW, consider that for now there are 3 animators...

edited - found. It's here Cosider this as my apologizes for my wrong answer. BTW, that's just part 1 of 3. Thanks Keshire. :) BTW you don't have to ask any permission. You just need a fast internet connection :p

re-edited - here are the three packages:

Humanoid package 1 - http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=568

Humanoid package 3 - http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=569

Humanoid package 2 - http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=570

Very very very spacial thanks to Keshire again! :)

Archived