Home

First games backplot, the effects it will have on KOTOR2?

Okoru

First of all hello to you all, i havn't been here for a long time now, i was here hyping KOTOR for a short time under the name Dark Dragon(Cheesy i know) a while back. I wasn't gonna re-join, but simply need to ask the following question, as its been bugging me ever since i played KOTOR for the first, of many, times.

Basically, if i'm not mistaken, we never actually learn what it was that corrupted Reven and Malak do we? We know they went to fight in the Mandalorian wars, with Reven playing a major part in the Republics victory. We know that after they and the fleet dissapered that they were seen on a number of worlds gathering the Star Maps. We know they crashed on the Star Forge system and found their way upto the Star Forge, gaining control of it.

However how did they learn of the Star Forge in the first place, and when exactly did Reven turn(In the Dantooine flashback Reven is decked out in Sith robes and Malak mentions there won't be any turning back) Basically i'm having a bit of trouble putting all the events together. I'm sure there were plotlines left out of the first, so will they be explained here, i hope so, and expect so too.

Kind Regards

Okoru

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, welcome back.

You have indeed summed up all the known events: Revan and Malak dissappeared after they beat the Sith Fleet, only to turn up again as Siths.

Nothing of the events inbetween is known, and I am sure there will be some more light shed on them in Sith Lords.

After all, it seems as if Revan has dissappeared once again...

• 5 months later...

Well, I think that main reason Revan turned was that he was smart; he had most of the Republic fleet at his back, and an infinite source of fleet-age. It was the logical choice; Malak just followed him to the Dark side. Plus, it was the taint of the Star forge that helped them along.

Originally posted by Okoru

First of all hello to you all, i havn't been here for a long time now, i was here hyping KOTOR for a short time under the name Dark Dragon(Cheesy i know) a while back. I wasn't gonna re-join, but simply need to ask the following question, as its been bugging me ever since i

Originally posted by Okoru

First of all hello to you all, i havn't been here for a long time now, i was here hyping KOTOR for a short time under the name Dark Dragon(Cheesy i know) a while back. I wasn't gonna re-join, but simply need to ask the following question, as its been bugging me ever since i played KOTOR for the first, of many, times.

Basically, if i'm not mistaken, we never actually learn what it was that corrupted Reven and Malak do we? We know they went to fight in the Mandalorian wars, with Reven playing a major part in the Republics victory. We know that after they and the fleet dissapered that they were seen on a number of worlds gathering the Star Maps. We know they crashed on the Star Forge system and found their way upto the Star Forge, gaining control of it.

However how did they learn of the Star Forge in the first place, and when exactly did Reven turn(In the Dantooine flashback Reven is decked out in Sith robes and Malak mentions there won't be any turning back) Basically i'm having a bit of trouble putting all the events together. I'm sure there were plotlines left out of the first, so will they be explained here, i hope so, and expect so too.

Kind Regards

Okoru

Actually it was explained by the elders, in the dialouge, the Star Forge uses energy generated by life, the force, however the builders were violent, hateful, and destructive the star forge beagan to characterize these traits, thus when Reven and Malak went to destroy the star forge they were corrupted, stole the star forge and became pretenders of the sith legacy.

However you could argue that the seed developed when they went to fight the mandalorians, remeber on the rakatan planet

all the old eqiipment and ships, and the mandalorians thats what the jedi were refering to when they said he disappeared in space for a period of time.

However note the theme "THE BENEVOLENT SITH LORDS HAVE RETURN", "THESE GUYS ARE PLURAL BAD GUYS".

If revan found the starforge during the mandalorian war then why did he look for the starmaps afterword...I think that the robes revan wore on dantooine were his normal sith robes,but when he got to the starforge it created a better version of the robes to fit his fighting style personality exc. better hence the stat bonuses. but im probably wrong.:confused:

Originally posted by Tdcquicksilver5

If revan found the starforge during the mandalorian war then why did he look for the starmaps afterword...I think that the robes revan wore on dantooine were his normal sith robes,but when he got to the starforge it created a better version of the robes to fit his fighting style personality exc. better hence the stat bonuses. but im probably wrong.:confused:

Because he knew the starmaps would reveal the location of the star forge he didn't want anyone to find him, or the source of his massive fleet

Er aren't you forgetting something very important:

Malak to Revan on Dantooine: "Are the secrets of the Star Forge so valuble? Can its power truely be worth the risk?

Why would they be looking for the Star Maps if they, and Malak confirms they havn't, already knew where it was?

Why would they be looking for the Star Maps if they, and Malak confirms they havn't, already knew where it was?
Theory1: Maybe they found a star map on another planet,and were using them to find the starforge.

Theory2:Maybe the sith lords from kotor2 sent revan and malak to find the star forge,and told them that they could find clues to were it was on dantooine.But that is assuming that revan and malak were taking orders from other sith.

Why are revan and Malak pretenders all these new sith lords only came about in the wake of Revan when he/she left. The true sith Lords are all dead and are just preserved in spirit. So truth in all Malak and Revan are not pretenders and anyway this a new sith old sith were a race. The sith of KOTOR are followers of an ideal so Revan and Malak were Sith Lords of a different thing.

Archived