Home

What kind of character will you be playing?

Burrie

So, with the announcements of Knights of the Old Republic flying left and right, and various previews coming up now that E3 is going on, the speculation has begun again. The setting is going to be most interesting, an almost post-apocalyptic Republic and the Jedi Order disbanded. The hero/villain of the previous tale, Revan, is gone and the Sith are still out there, praying to completely destroy the Republic once and for all. Most likely, there are going to be enough events about that will shape the galaxy for years to come, just like Revan had done awhile five years earlier.

An exiled Jedi veteran from the Mandalorian Wars will be returning back into Republic space for, as of yet, undisclosed reasons. As is almost usual by now, this Jedi will relearn the ways of the Force, build a lightsaber and stand against(or side with) the evil Sith Empire, most likely helping with shaping what history the galaxy is going to take.

And hopefully, just like with Knights of the Old Republic, we are going to build this character that will have an important part to play in these events to come and fully customise him the way we want.

So, what's your first character going to look like?

For me, the first character I created in KOTOR, Leru Vl'Dor, was the typical Jedi hero as I had envisioned him to be. An expert with a blaster rifle who'd prefer to shoot his way out of any situation, but would slowly learn to talk his way out of a dangerous event upon learning that he would become a Jedi Knight (A Soldier/Jedi Consular build). Armed with two lightsabers, one green and one yellow, he was quite a force to be reckoned with.

At first, I thought that I might make an offspring of this character in the new KotOR, but upon learning various new details, I'm going to create a new character, Briene Tana. She'll be a female Jedi Sentinel who's actually pretty uncertain about using the Force again and would rather rely on her own abilities and instincts. Still, she'll most likely realise that she would need to go back to using the Force to survive. When it comes to her Jedi abilities, she'll only fight with one lightsaber, either blue or yellow, not sure yet. As for Force Powers, I'm hoping to go a little bit in-between the Light and the Dark, although most likely focused to the Light side, but a few Dark Side powers as well. As for a personality, I think that she'll be kind and friendly to those whom she trusts closely(the party members), but a bit tough, skeptical and down-right rude to those whom she has only just met. Still, she WILL be loyal to the Republic.

Well, that's my first character concept. With KotOR, I was pretty much able to realise the kind of character I wanted(hell, the game even had the right face for him), so I hope that I can do the same in KotOR 2. Now what kind of character concept do you have in mind?

My favorite character in KOTOR was a scout/guardian. I like the lightsaber side of things and I found that with a good WIS score he still was quite powerful with the force.

So in KOTOR 2 I suspect that I will have some combination of scout/guardian/weapon master.

The nice this is that if it is as well balanced as KOTOR, the choice will come down to preference, not which is the most powerful...

My first character,(name to be thought of later,tho) will be some impatient,but self-conscious(meaning-disciplined) Jedi.

Always the samurai fan,my Jedi will wield one long(right hand),and one short(if still available) lightsaber(left hand).He will be a Jedi Weapons Master in KotOR2.

Impatient,quick to anger,but still ever conscious of the dark side and willing to fight the dark side to the end.

My favs in KOTOR have always been the Soldier-Guardian type of character because I like the brute force that comes with this type of character. I mostly just used the force to heal myself after major battles.

In KOTOR 2, I'll probably favor the Jedi Weapons Master or Sith Marauder for the same reasons. I like the brute force of the lightsaber.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to play the same kind of character as I played in KOTOR. That was the absolute darkest character possible (got nothing but dark side bonuses the whole game), the Sithari that the Sith legends said was going to lead the Sith to their greatest power ever. I have played this type of character both as male (first two) and female (last two) and as a soldier 8/guardian 12, soldier 8/sentinel 12 and twice as a soldier 8/consular 12 and soldier 4/consular 16. When I didn't do all my levelling up on Taris and waited until Dantooine to do the levelling up, I wasn't offered the premium items available at Mika Dorin's by Ziagrom after I escaped from the Leviathan. Has this happened to anyone else and do you know why this has happened? Is it because of the delayed levelling up? Also, when I played a dark side character, I couldn't get a declaration of love from Bastila. Do you have to be light side for this to happen? The only way I could get a declaration of love from Bastila was to choose the "I don't trust you so I'm going to kill you" option at our confrontation in the Temple so that the Lightside ending was triggered (even though my character still was darkside-but reduced from 50% to 10% reduction in points for each dark side power used although I got back up to a 15% reduction in points by the game's end). Then, when I met her in combat at the Star Forge, she admittted to loving me before I killed her in combat. I'm really looking forward to KOTOR 2. I think it's going to be the greatest game yet.

Think i will name it Sieg, and be Soldier/Guardian/Jedi weapon master, i´m planning to play in a more light side style of play, i´ve made almost everyone´s lives a living hell in the first.

• 2 weeks later...

My charachter is going to be a SW version of a Paladin... or as close as it can get..

I never got a kick of playing evil charachter.... actually I tried it several times and hated it...

I guess I'm justa goody-do-gooder at heart!:D

*So I completed Baldur's Gate 2 12 times...7 of it as paladin, 2 as mage 1 as fighter and 1 as ranger - SO WHAT?!

So I playen NWN as paladin... SO WHAT?!

So I play every RPG as Paladin... - SO WHAT!?*

I'm probably gonna go for either 2 lighsabers or just one (that's IF they put a two-handed Lightsaber... How I miss those two-handers from NWN!).

*So I have a fixation on BIG swords - SO WHAT?!*

I never liked the saber-staff, since it's inferior to 2 sabers (Let's face it - the ends allways point at opposite sides... with two blades you can choose...)...

*So I'm annoying! - So WHAT!*:D

the 3 characters i created, marcus, orlo, annika: marcus was the darkside character i created, soldier, then guardian, used staff and orlo was more of the middle path jedi, soldier, sentinal, mediated between 2 or 1 sabers depending on battle odds, modeled him after myself. annika was just goodie goodie all around, never acting out of passion, never questioning the council, her path was soldier, counselor, single saber. i found my character nearly useless in combat when i started them out as either scoundrels or scouts and mission, t3, and bastilla proved good support for lockpicking and computer use so i never took those classes as relevant to my character, since i had to face malak in the end it was better that i have a jedi that can handle a lightsaber, since force powers against malak are not that effective. the only thing i made sure was that each character was strong enough in repair and had the equipment to go with when it came time to fix hk.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Mika Dorin: This happened to me only once. I'm not sure what causes this. I was indeed a darksider and didn't level up until Dantooine. During my lightside playthrough where I also delayed the leveling, Ziagrom did appear.

This bug happens when you "activate" Juhani's sidequest before you reach the Leviathan. Activate means when Xor appears before you reach the Leviathan. Better keep Juhani away from spaceports after she talked about her mother / before the Leviathan.

It has nothing to do with not leveling up / DS or LS.

For what kind of character; I think in Kotor II you cannot start as a scoundrel / scout or soldier, instead I beleive you are a Jedi from the start. My first game will be a Jedi Guardian / Jedi Weapons Master

Originally posted by Burrie

And hopefully, just like with Knights of the Old Republic, we are going to build this character that will have an important part to play in these events to come and fully customise him the way we want.

So, what's your first character going to look like?

With KotOR, I was pretty much able to realise the kind of character I wanted(hell, the game even had the right face for him), so I hope that I can do the same in KotOR 2. Now what kind of character concept do you have in mind?

Female PC Probably start out a Counselar or a Sentinel. Go lightside at the start with Black Robes and twin Red Lightsabers, and gradually fall to the darkside as the game progresses.

With the new prestiege classes, I see only one option for me;

Sith Lord, :lightning

[APowers]Yeah baby yeah! :D[/APowers]

Archived