Home

Can Chiss use the Force?

PR-0927

well since the force is derived from midichlorians and they are inside all living things, there is nothing to suggest that the chiss are not force sensitive..... indeed with the increased involvement of the chiss in EU lit, hopefully a chiss jedi will be revealed in the post njo books :)

mtfbwya

It's highly probable that they can, as they are actually descendants of a group of humans who were stranded on Chiss when they suffered a failure in their starship. They were a set of explorers, and though they managed to survive on Chiss for a number of millennia, they obviously changed and adapted to the icy environment in which they were trapped, eventually taking on the bluish skin and glowing eyes now considered characteristic of the species. Thus probability is exceedingly high that there are Force sensitives among the Chiss. Whether or not they are of any import or will be in the future remains to be seen.

The Chiss world is Csilla (pronounced Chillah), not Chiss, LOL.
:p Very true. I knew that... actually, I did, but I was having a brain failure that day, and I knew it.

I know all this from rather extensive reading of the CUSWE, Nathan Butler's SWTimelineGold, and a number of other reference sources online. As well as a bit of speculation from reading I've done of late.

I really doubt they can use the force, you need to go to http://www.theforce.net and do some research in their encyclopedia (http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe).
Actually, as I said, there's almost no doubt that there are (or can be) at least some Force-sensitives in the mix: they're only less than ten millennia removed from standard humans. So there's little likelihood they would have lost the ability to use the Force completely in that time. Also - the Yuuzhan Vong really aren't relevant to a discussion of the Chiss...

Archived