Home

Space Expansion (As many Spoilers as Possible)

Jackrabbit

Yeah this should probably be on the General forums, but I'm not stepping a foot in there now that the game is out.

One of the best things about a game is waiting for it to come out =). You have little info, so you're left to speculate, and look at crappy screenshots to find out as much info as possible. You get your hopes up, and you talk to people about what you want to do, and it's cool.

So that's what this post is for. Let's talk about SPACE.

http://swg.stratics.com/content/intro/faqs/swgssefaq.php

Personally I'm surprised; all the info they've given us so far is good :). I wanted to be able to walk around in ships, and you can. I wanted multiple people to be able to control them, and you can. I wanted to be able to upgrade guns, engines, shields etc, and you can. I'm not getting my hopes too high, cause that's asking for a let down. I haven't read anything really bad yet though, and that's a good thing.

For profession I'll probably go Basic Pilot, or I'll dabble or something, depends how many space skills I can get. For ships I NEED a YT-1300, cause I need to have a ship I can live in and decorate. I'll probably get a Hutt Fighter too if I can.

I really like the idea that "space XP" is gotten by doing missions, and that the missions aren't just Destroy and Deliver.

Can individual components be targeted with my weapons?

Players will be able to specifically target components, such as engines and weapons. Disable missions, for example, require players to disable the turrets and, perhaps, engines on a capital ship.

That's cool.

I'll stop here for now. If I cover everything it will kill the thread. DISCUSS!

i really hope they havent screwed this up. If they have, it will probably be the last straw for me. I myself will have some type of YT series, i wanna decorate it, and share with friends.

and the blue hair is much more suttle than green ryxx

*kills all with green hair*

Just so you guys know...

Will there be other ships larger than the Starfighters?

At this time, the YT-1300 (Falcon) is the only PLAYABLE ship larger than a Starfighter. It takes a master Shipwright to craft.

It's a shame, but it's better than nothing, and at least you can modify it. You guys think I'd be talking about the YT-1300 if there was an alternative :p?

Well, ill have a blue and silver YT-1300 then..not sure about modifications..i wont be PvPin in space or anything..so i dont know for sure..but im plannin a furniture made podracer in the back or something...

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Just so you guys know...

Will there be other ships larger than the Starfighters?

At this time, the YT-1300 (Falcon) is the only PLAYABLE ship larger than a Starfighter. It takes a master Shipwright to craft.

It's a shame, but it's better than nothing, and at least you can modify it. You guys think I'd be talking about the YT-1300 if there was an alternative :p?

Well, if memory serves me right, the YT-2000 is smaller than the YT-1300. :D

One can hope, can't I? ;):p

• 1 year later...

Archived