Home

Hire on Demand -- scoundrels, mercenaries, and scum of the galaxy

VanLingo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're all on the same page, I wont be playing online until maybe a week after I buy it. (which'll be the day or one or two after it comes out) Cause I want to be able to get the controls the way I like them, play as each unit of every army, and just get...good. not great, but at least I'll know the terrain. I cant believe the game is so far away. Well, the summer flies by, right? man, septemeber, thats so far. Man, and episode 3 is even farther. whew.

Yeah, I hear ya there. But it will be here before you know it.

As soon as you get your controls straight, it may be a good idea just to go ahead and get online. Or at least set the bot difficulty very high.

Playing against real players is waaay better practice. You can play against bots for six months and still suck online. Trust me on that one.

Yeah, but I do want to get a feel for each army, that way I have an advantage, but as soon as I do, I'll be playing. I suck at SOCOM. I'm used to the controls of Conflict Desrt Storm, which is similar, but just different enough to screw you up. I'm stuck on the thrid level, where you have to take out that castle. My brother is gonna go in with me for the cord to hook it up to online. he wants it for socom and I want it for battlefront. hey, my frined'll come over later, and I'll put him on here. cya til then. he came over and I showed him the site. Lingo, do you read styar wars books? I'm a pretty good reader, too. I read LotR when I was in third grade, and while LotoR is better written, Star Wars books are the best, IMO. S.E. Hinton books are good, has anyone read SE Hinton?

Lemme start out with saying that I'm not editing my past post for two reasons. 1. to bump this thread and so van wouldn't think that this was my same post when it said last posted by. 2. it has nothing to do with my last post.

What are we gonna do with the droids? There are only five of them and all. I can see what we'll do with pilot, sniper and heavy weaopons. and maybe the medic can be a pilot, since he comes with a tool to fix droids. but what is the reg. infantry and spy gonna do? Here's my opinilon. reg infantry gets to be super battle droid, and spy bes the droideka. your opinions please.

XoRRoX, your story has been uploaded. I edited the punctuation for you -- some of it was a little bit off.

Yaeb, you bring up a very interesting point. But the positions are only temporary anyway; they're just to give us an idea of what the squads will look like.

Within the next four weeks or so, I will be sending out an e-mail that will define our structure a little bit more.

Remember, too, that we will be mercenaries for hire, which means that we probably won't be droids too often.

-- Lingo

if you're not worried, then you are alot less paranoid then me. who is the reseved in rancor squad? no one is in wampa squad, that kinda blows. man, it just hit me, babies learn to speak. it sounds obvious, but think about it. we speak english, yet if I grew up in japan, I would be taught japanese, a language totlally strange to me. think about it.

but what if say, xorrox doesnt think so? what if he decides he can do better and maybe use his newfound power to take over star wars battlefront and eventually the world? then you're gonna feel like a big clown for not taking proper precautions.

There's nothing I can do if someone wants to break off and make their own clan. In fact, I'll support them however I can.

But I've been running a SOCOM clan for about a year now, and I've only ever had one player quit. And the only reason he quit was to play on his friend's new team.

Clans have problems, but I have very few doubts that we'll be a very fun team to play with.

Yeah, we'll need to be extra sensitive on that subject. And very picky.

At any rate, I thought you'd all like to know that I have successfully uploaded a full clan forum. We'll start using it later on down the road. For now, though, we don't want it to get congested with irrelevant info.

Archived