Home

Editing tools

StormHammer

According to an interview with Steve Matulac (of Lucasarts) at IGN (Insider only), the editing tools for Republic Commando will be made available 'post launch'.

Considering the game is built on a slightly modified Unreal engine, this should mean a version of Unreal Ed will be made available for mod creation shortly after the game hits the retail stores some time in Fall of this year.

So if you have any ideas for Squad based mods or just maps, it's time to start fleshing them out, and sketching out your plans.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Will you be able to make models and skins? It might be boring just using trandoshans and commandos, :)

Probably...you'll probably be able to use Maya to make and animate models. If you can't afford Maya you can use Maya PLE ( the UT2004 DVD edition has a DVD full of tutorials on making models and stuff).

I'm sure that however you replace or modify skins in games like Unreal Tournament 2003, you can do the same for Republic Commando. It's based on the same engine.

I doubt they will include 'modelling applications' with the editor, though, so as Gabrobot suggests, you'll probably have to scout around for some free modelling programs like Maya PLE.

AS for the character selection, I'm not sure it will be so restrictive as just 'commandos and trandoshans'. I would assume that a lot of models from SP could be played in MP. Hopefully that will include the Wookiee. :cool:

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Well.. you cant have a game that just uses Commandos and Trandoshans... it would be a waste not reuse the models in MP, like the wookie.... and anything else thats in SP.

I posted that before I knew there were other chars in the game. ;)

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by Nokill

i will put tutorials on my site for these tools yust like battlefront only i think these will be some more easy to use :)

im already looking forward to this

I think they will be, since the multiplayer maps would probably be more FPS based instead of objective based.

Archived