Home

Guitar Info Help

Boba Rhett

Help me now; help me fast. :xp:

I desperately need specs, (size, woods, going price, all that good stuff, especially the dimensions though) for a Fender Montara guitar. They were made about 1992-95. Can anyone help me? I shall name my first child after the person that does! Please!

guitar guys are the only guys in the world that can get chicks despite being among the ugliest buggers in the world ....

*looks at Keith Richards*

Rhett, I shall ask one of my clients, he is a professional guitarist, and a collector of guitars, i'll be seeing him mid week....hope thats not too late

mtfbwya

Pffft montara :p

I'll stick with my Gibson les paul 25/50.

Why do u want the specs anyway? U selling it?

And as far as i know, the wood is either maple or mahogany, and the fingerboard is rosewood. Dunno about dimensions :)

I'll see what i can find :)

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

guitar guys are the only guys in the world that can get chicks despite being among the ugliest buggers in the world ....

Damn straight. :fist:

*Remembers that I'm not a George Clooney*

Anyways, they also need girls and happiness. :rolleyes:

*Runs away*

-Clemme

I found this:

Montara (Black) 1990-1992 $575 to $695 Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides

Montara (Maple) 1992-1995 $675 to $780 Spruce top, flame Maple back and sides

Montara (Natural) 1990-1992 $575 to $695 Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides

Montara (Sunburst) 1990-1992 $575 to $695 Spruce top, Mahogany back and sides

I got the info from this site: http://www.mrgearhead.net/faq/acousticdating.html

Not much,.. but I hope it helps.

Thanks much for all the input guys! :)

Form what I've been able to gather, they're very close to dreadnaught in size and the one I'm looking at is flame maple. I'm trying to buy it off of ebay currently and if all goes well I should be able to get it for just 200 or a little more. Wish me luck! :D

Ok so yeah, I lost the auction by five bucks. :(

Now I need help finding another guitar. I'm pretty set on an acoustic/electric. Are Washburns any good? Someone please give some ideas. I'm not wanting to spend much if any over ~400-500 and I'm totally open to buying used as well.

Meh.

I've heard those before and my impression is this: Those are great if you are only ever going to plug them in... the acoustic tone of those is,.. shall we say,.. lacking. You might as well buy an shallow-bowl Ovation for all the acoustic output that you are going to get. Which is fine if all you are ever going to do with it is play the intros to the power-ballads in an otherwise very loud rock band on stage... you are going to have to be plugged in anyways and the unplugged acoustic tone isn't all that important... in fact it's something you don't really want, so that you can really crank it up in the monitors but not have it feedback.

If you want a guitar that you can sit on the campus quad strumming to attract all those young co-eds that actually sounds good unplugged, then you are going to have to get something with a bit of a box to it.

I've already ruled the Tele and Stratacoustic out.... I've heard them. :D

I'd like to get a GD-47 SCE Natural Acoustic-Electric Cutaway:

0954705_xl.jpg

but I'm gonna need to get some more money together before I do that. :D

I've played with the non-cutaway version of it and it was just wonderful but I'd also like the option to plug the sucker in.

Rhett I suggest not getting the GD-47 SCE, ive heard them, and they sound horrible with an amp. It sounds really scratchy. I would suggest finding a company besides Fender for an electric-acoustic. My personal favorite companies are Taylor and Yamaha. I have a Yamaha Compass Series. Its a great guitar, but im affraid you might not be able to afford. Also only 300 were made:p.

Ok onto business, i think you would be better off buying a Yamaha, Taylor, Martin, Ovation or even an Ibanez. I only trust fender with pure electric guitars. Anywho, with my electric acoustic experience, i think its safe to say that you dont want the low end of the deal, low end guitars work if they are elctrical, but when you want a mix you have to get higher quality. I would say that an electric acoustic under 700 dollars isnt worth the money, but its what feels comfortable. Even though I think its easy to play low end guitars, in the long one your just gonna end up getting a new one in 3 years.

I think youre best bet would be with a Taylor, but they cost alot. But I think its worth it. A taylor will last a good 25 years, with great pickups and good handcrafted quality, its my number 1 company choice.

Im not really a genius with electric acoustic, but im a good source for finding electric and acoustic guitars, as well as good books and other guitar accesories. If you ever need any help finding what guitar necesities you need, feel free to PM me.

BTW, I never got a chance to see youre electric, what kind did you get? Also, I wrote a song about the Swamp, maybe I can find a recorder and then put it on the comp, I came up with the most amazing intro and solo ever, you'd love it!

Well hell, why don't I just have Gibson get a twenty man team together of the worlds finest luthiers and have them hand craft me a solid gold one with jewel inlays and a whale skin pickgaurd? :eek: I bet that would be my best bet. I'm not going to go spend oodles on my first acoustic. :indif: What's the model number of that compass series guitar, btw? I wanna see one. Is it the CPX15AD? If so, what are you doing with a 2300 dollar guitar? :D

I've heard nothing but good about the plugged in sound from the 47s. :confused: Could it have perhaps been the amp or the way it was being played? I wouldn't call it a low end guitar either and I really doubt I'd require a new one within three years.

Have you ever heard one, Ed? :confused:

meh, who cares what it sounds like as long as it looks cool.

if you just wanted something that sounds good then get a bango or a mandarin... er, i mean mandolin. mandarins don't play well, although they taste great. :D

you could just buy an acoustic and stick some pickups on it. it might sound like an ice cream tub with elastic bands, but it will be cheap.

:D

Archived