Home

Welcome Back Kotter... or should I say Kyren

USMCajt217

Yes, its me Kyren Valinor (now Talran) again, crawling my way back into Star Wars Galaxies. My computer exploding, my subscription not being renewed when I was in the hospital :(, cannot keep me away from SWG. It's the most beautiful game ever. And now, with the summer on the horizon, I am here to stay.

First, I gotta ask, how is everyone doing? In r/l and more importantly ;) on SWG. I know people are going to have to show me the ropes again, because I'm a little rusty.

Secondly, I want to upgrade the machine I'm playing it on. I have a Dell Dimension 4300 with 1.6 GHZ, 256 RAM and a GeForce 2 MX 32 MB vid card, which suprisingly ran SWG pretty damn good before. But with more people and the expansion (OMFG, so hot!!) coming out, I want to be optimized for maximum gaming goodness. So, I want some suggestions from the computer nerds in the PA (aren't we all? ;) ) to buff up the PC. Thanks

Well thats about it, so I hope to stay along time here and get back into the swing of things on Galaxies!

WELCOME BACK...

ill get straight to business....except for the processor..that comp SUCKS....

UP the ram to at LEAST 5xx..i got 768..but i have dial up :(

CARD HAS TO GO.. i just got a new card and had that same one you did..you think SWG is beatiful..it looks 5x better with a new card..i had my uncs GeForce4 TI 4200 in it..looked great. since we couldn't find one cheap, he bought me a Radeon 9600 SE...also WONDERFUL. you must get a new card..either of those is a good card and if you look at http://www.compuplus.com you can get that Radeon for 88.95 with S/H and a 2 day delivery..at most

welcome back..and I'm Jordan ingame..we never met i dont believe, but its nice to see ya

You want to be getting the AGP version, if you have such a port in your computer. Most Machines has one though so I'll assume you have one aswell. ;)

AGP stands for Advanced Grafics Port (pretty sure of that anyway) and is a specially built port to handle grafics cards.

PCI is a more multi functional port. You can hook up different things to those ports, like grafics card (PCI ones) and soundscards for instance.

RAM is pretty easy to install, however, when buying them remember to check what type of ram you already got, unless you want to buy all new ram. :) In any case, the ram that you instal need to be exactly the same type otherwise they won't work together.

How much you want to get is up to you, but I suggest atleast double the amount you have now. Personally I'd recommend 1 gig of ram. :) That's what I have and let me tell you, that was a huuuge difference from my standard 256 mb. :D

How am I doing?

Pretty good really. :)

I've even opened a second account. Goes by the name of Ories Gaarni, and is Jan's dad. ;)

I made him so he could take over Jan's company, NubiTech Industries, ingame cause I wanted to use Jan as a fighting character. And finally after 9 months Jan has become a Master Carbineer. :p

Ories has changed the company from the small weapons armsdealership it was to a successfull company that sells vehicles and powerups and other generic items, plus has gone into partnership with Imreanna and enlarged the company name even bigger by being able to offer resources for medical purposes, other resources, and power. :)

There's even a chance of another enlargement around the corner. :p

If you're looking for a vehicle, NubiTech is your best choise. Good bikes to an affordable credit.

hey kyren... long time no see man.... gee you on the list of people we never really got to meet ingame. :)

to try and do teh same for me :)

im doing swell. its clearly that jan and me are still on top of this guild :) i got a second character aswell. Atex Dinn. orphan but raised in the Dinn family.

Corzip dinn went from architect artisian to a master doc pistoleer and currently rifleman :).

Atex is and architect, artisan, merchant with a tad of droid engineer. he has a shop that focusses mainly on interior designs for houses/guild halls/ city structures.

im in the middle of signing a contract with nubitech that i will use their names for my products. so soon it will be : Nubitech Interior Designs.

hey can we expect you back in action anytime soon?

Corzip Dinn

Well I could be playing now if I really had to, but why do that on a laggy and under performing PC, when I can upgrade within a few weeks. Yes I know it's a hard decision.

Regarding the RAM I have 256 now, can I just buy a 1 GB card and take the 256 out?

Originally posted by USMCajt217

Well I could be playing now if I really had to, but why do that on a laggy and under performing PC, when I can upgrade within a few weeks. Yes I know it's a hard decision.

Regarding the RAM I have 256 now, can I just buy a 1 GB card and take the 256 out?

Yes, you could.

Just make sure that the motherboard can handle 1 gig. :)

I forgot to mention that before. :o

Yeah New Egg is good.

But Liberals are very very bad:p

And no Im not a Republican, but I do lean more to the Republican side. I dislike both parites and think the enite idea of political parties is stupid and has no place in Democracy, but thats just me

But we are not a true democracy... if we were than we would vote for everything... even the little stuff.... there are only a few true democracys around now but i cant think of the names..... hmmm... i dont know.... we should all vote for Nador and laugh about it over a tall glass of milk.... thats my 2 cents

Well you can't say we are not a true democracy, we have a indirect dimocracy if thats what you mean. But if you consider a direct democracy (which just isnt possible with so many people in 1 country) the only 'true democracy' then I guess you can call it that.

even though your making a very serious post here Apallo.... when you get banned,,., you dont come back under another name and go on like nothing has happened.

im sorry but i cant make an exception. if i do that every banned guy should get one.

Wraith 8

Archived