Home

"Birth of an Empire"?

Darklighter

Just came across a slightly interesting Episode III rumour...

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/516/516511p1.html

At first I thought, "that is such a lame name for the final SW film..." But I remembered that's exactly the same way I felt about the last two film titles (which, if you think about it, both sound typically Star Wars).

Do you think it's a contender for the title? Or just a "code" name? Would you prefer a different one (perhaps "Revenge of the Sith")? Personally I think it could work.

i think its just another decoy, or just speculation thats been picked up on. nobody knew 'TPM' or 'AOTC' before they were annouced and i don't think this one will be any different.

i think anything will be better than 'the creeping fear' anyway...

damn april fools jokes!!

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Ummm...If you actually read the article, it says that probably isn't the name, and that the title came from a British tabloid.

Originally posted by Darklighter

Just came across a slightly interesting Episode III rumour...

:p

I think it's a decoy.

Ah, the old rumour mills still hard at work, I see.

Judging by the film titles so far, anything is possible.

We've already had his homage to "Attack of the Giant Killer Tomatos", so who knows what's next?

Just look through a list of corny 50's B-movie SF flicks for the best contenders.

My bet is on something related to Plan 9 From Outer Space. :D Or any episode of the original Flash Gordon serials...

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Fake.

It is actualy called "Star Wars Episode III: In Production"

And that is on starwars.com so you can't argue with it.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing..

Its most likely fake, thats all I have to say.

Originally posted by StormHammer

We've already had his homage to "Attack of the Giant Killer Tomatos", so who knows what's next?

Just look through a list of corny 50's B-movie SF flicks for the best contenders.

My bet is on something related to Plan 9 From Outer Space. :D Or any episode of the original Flash Gordon serials...

don't forget The Shadow radio serials as well, for insistence...

'the shadow strikes back', 'the return of the anatole chevanic', , 'The Phantom Voyage' (also the phantom brother, the phantom voice, The Phantom Racketeer and a couple others)

I've told everyone already; My insider who works for Lucas told me the name is

Star Wars: Episode 3: The Utter Failure of George Lucas. May his credibility R.I.P.

-or-

Episode 3: Can you believe I actually suckered you into waiting 30 years for this movie? HAHAHAHAHA!!

And yes, Mace Windu does marry Yoda as the rumors have been spread. And Luke is actually the child of Chewie and Uncle Owen.

Originally posted by Kain

I've told everyone already; My insider who works for Lucas told me the name is

Star Wars: Episode 3: The Utter Failure of George Lucas. May his credibility R.I.P.

-or-

Episode 3: Can you believe I actually suckered you into waiting 30 years for this movie? HAHAHAHAHA!!

And yes, Mace Windu does marry Yoda as the rumors have been spread. And Luke is actually the child of Chewie and Uncle Owen.

.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

Titles for ep1 and 2 were good IMO

1 wasn't bad IMO, but 2 was just ridiculous. By calling it 'Attack of the Clones' you get the impression that this attack will be a significant portion of the film, which it's obviously not.

By way of contrast, it would be like calling Wagner's Ring of the Nibleung saga 'Flight of the Valkyries' instead (there is a flight of valkyries, but only in one part and they're not the focus of the saga).

Archived