Home

Strange invitation.........

RpTheHotrod

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

A congressman has sent me an invitation to go to an annual dinner with President Bush o_O Something to do with my business I own.

How's that for interesting news...

Nice :D

Just to be an ass you should talk to him about his mistake for sending troops to solve a conflict that isn't even ours...

Not saying I'm against it (flame = no!), but just for the sake of being an ass :)

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

RP, are you something else than just a regular guy?

You seem to get a lot of weird stuff, some befitting higher up people :)

Indeed. He seems to be some kind of crazy powerhungry business man.

It's not about the money, its about the children. Think of the children RP!:D

I'll keep quiet about your little "situation" for a price: 100 g's.

Update. Congressman Renalds asked me to become an honorary Chairman of the business advisory council. We'd have our voice in stuff like tax laws and the sort. Also, my name is listed in a Wall Street Journal magazine.

I just pulled this up from their website

The role of Honorary Chairman

We have a unique opportunity to forge a new and dynamic alliance between the Republican leadership and the small business community. The Business Advisory Council and our Chairmen are crucial to the success of that initiative. Honorary Chairmen are clearly the key, first step in this process. Your name, and your support, will be critical as we begin to enlist achievers and entrepreneurs -- and eventually, thousands of ordinary citizens.

Obviously, there is no obligation of future service, and it is hoped that as an Honorary Chairman, you will welcome the opportunity to get further involved. Here are areas in which you will be asked to help:

USE OF YOUR NAME: As we seek to educate America, and gain acceptance on the need for tax reform, the use of our Honorary Chairmen’s names will be critically important. We will try to use your name whenever possible in both our national and local advertising. (Of course we will also respect the wishes of those who support our efforts but who, for business or other reasons, do not want to have their name publicized.)

ADVISORY CAPACITY: Honorary Chairmen will be invited to participate in periodic strategy sessions. We need your input on the economic and tax issues, and how to build broadbased support in the business community. You will be invited to participate in private surveys and policy briefings.

INVITATION TO EVENTS: Honorary Chairmen will be invited to dinners, receptions, and other party functions, both national and regional. In addition you will be invited to participate in NRCC functions.

FINANCIAL SUPPORT: We will spend in excess of $3.6 million recruiting broadbased support, and an additional $2.5 million in advertising. Most of these funds must come from our Honorary Chairmen. Your gifts are the seed money needed to create the grassroots support that can finally lead to a breakthrough on health care reform, debt reduction, social security, tax and education reform, and sound economic policy that keeps this economy growing!

Of coarse...nothing is free :p

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

... No. :|

Originally posted by InsaneSith

then you can stab him with the butter knife! :o

Originally posted by Pie™

Remember to bring some kind of weapon, and shoot to kill ;)

Originally posted by Kstar__2

yes, we all have our problems

Originally posted by Majin Revan

Two words: Republican scum!!

You are joking right?

Hmm...dinner with Bush...butter knife...fork...fists...attack...him...

:fett:

What a cute bunch of democrats we have here. Is there a connection between them, violence and negative thinking? If so, it's pretty obvious... :p

Originally posted by InsaneSith

pfffffft i'm not a democrat, I hate partisans. I don't like kerry and I really dont' like bush.

Here's a quote from keshire's sig. It may have something applicable for you. ;)

Apathy cannot inspire.

Ambivalence cannot lead.

Anything would be something.

But nothing is worst of all.

Ok, I'll shut up now. :p

Archived