Home

Getting the old P-&-C Adventures onto the Nintendo DS

Originally posted by Guybrush91789

Actually they can't. The PSP's screen is not touch sensitive. It will also be rather annoying to use a tiny analog stick as a mouse. More companies are supporting the DS

I doubt he'd care if the PSP was touch screen or not.

And since there's 'no market for adventure game', I doubt LA would put all that precious money and resources into moving them onto a different platform.

And plus, touch screen sucks unless you're playing a game with huge buttons on it to press (or work in a super market), and especially would suck in an adventure game where hotspots are usually very small.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

What's on it that's worth my time (don't make smartass jokes about how my time is worthless)?

Or money for that matter. Why the hell would I want to spend my hard earned money on a product I may or may not like. Current prices state the cheapest price being at around £110 (as far as I can see).

It's alright for some, they can just get their parents to get it for them, but some have to work for their money, and I'd rather spend my money on more important things (like acohol)

Plus, like I said, hotspots (or things you can interact with in adventure games) are usually too small for a touch screen that size, so the early LA adventure games 9or any adventure games for that matter) just wouldn't be feasible on a DS.

I think the LucasArts adventure games would be really good on touch screens, but with a little tweaking so the hotspots are a bit bigger. It would add a lot of interactivity and make it seems more natural.

But as was said before, it would be easier to do this on a pocket pc with ScummVM, as PocketPCs can be useful for a lot more things.

Also, why does everyone hate the Nintendo DS so much? I saw the E3 movie, and it didn't seem that bad...

The great thing about using a mouse is that you're able to see most of whats under it and plus the mouse changes colour whenever over a hot spot. Unless they plan to make your finger change colour you're a little screwed.

Plus the verb system in MI1 would be hard, as your finger would be hitting about 6 different verbs at one time, inventory would be pretty much the same and if you made a hotspot bigger, it could distort the game play and action window.

Remember the nintendo DS's window space is very small and your finger will take up a large proportion of it.

Also my dislike of the DS is purely my own personal thing of not liking the types of games that can actually go with touchscreen as it's not a very versatile medium. The games associated with the touchscreen interface would have to be very simple and those types of games just don't interest me.

Originally posted by Joshi

The great thing about using a mouse is that you're able to see most of whats under it and plus the mouse changes colour whenever over a hot spot. Unless they plan to make your finger change colour you're a little screwed.

Plus the verb system in MI1 would be hard, as your finger would be hitting about 6 different verbs at one time, inventory would be pretty much the same and if you made a hotspot bigger, it could distort the game play and action window.

Remember the nintendo DS's window space is very small and your finger will take up a large proportion of it.

Also my dislike of the DS is purely my own personal thing of not liking the types of games that can actually go with touchscreen as it's not a very versatile medium. The games associated with the touchscreen interface would have to be very simple and those types of games just don't interest me.

Erm... i think there is a fake pen that goes with it, and you use that to touch the screen, like with a palm pilot:

http://www.ia.hiof.no/prosjekter/hoit/html/nr2_02/grafikk/palm-pilot.jpg

Note the little pen beside it. You use that to touch the screen, not your fingers, unless it is different in the DS.

Making it that much better *holds thumb and forefinger about a centimeter away from each other to demonstrate how much better it is*

It's still a stupid idea, Broken Sword was hardly as good on the Gameboy Advanced because of low memory and such.

Oh, and nintendo sucks.

Archived