Home

Social Identification in My School

PR-0927

Um... that's just odd stereotyping.O_o

I'm asian so I don't fit in anything. I'm all around. Definitely gangsta. I hang out with the black people mostly and yes I have a small house compared to the big azz mansions kids at my high school have.

3 bedroom 2 bath big living room kitchen/dining and garage.:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sabretooth

Ahem, not to sound nerdy, but what is a stereotype?

All people who don't know what a stereotype is are stupid. :indif:

I'm just joshin ya, but that's a stereotype, like assuming that all women are good at cooking and cleaning and nothing else, or that all black people are good at basketball

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

I really recommend you take out that Bisexual Homosexual things out if I were you.

The groups in my school.

Gangsta's

Always hang around in groups of five, are always the trouble makers. Listen to rap 24/7. Have homes in the poorest parts of town, and are extremely poor but try not to show it.

Wannabe Gangsta

These people are normally quite smart and are normally rich, but don't fit in with the Gangsta's because they are not fit/strong/good looking etc.

Nerd

These people spend all their time on their computer, never go out and have friends, walk around school with no one, walk home alone, bring GameBoy SP's into class and play pokemon.

Ultra Nerd

There is only one of these in the whole school, she is fat and unattractive, she wears the most unfashionable glasses ever seen, she LOVES dinosaurs and makes their noises. Always gets level 7 in tests.

In between

They are usually average, hang around with the wannabe gangsters and stick to school uniforms, have friends, go on pc sometimes. [i'm in this group, lol]

im a collection of all of em...except the ultra one.

PIKACHU, ATTACK!

Originally posted by Kain

Goth's AREN'T Sadists. Wanna know what a Goth is? Let me explain, children:

The Gothic style takes the very things that seem miserable and depressing and finds a sense of beauty in them. The ideal finds a fascination with the macabre and has an affinity with all things dark. What may seem like a preoccupation with death is actually a celebration of life. It isn't about suicide or murder, but it is a realization that an appreciation of death gives an appreciation of life.

How do I know? Where have you been the past 5 minutes, I hang out with everyone.

thank you Kain, if you're gonna stereotype, at least know what you're speaking of ;)

- Gothic- Satan obsessive, wears pure black/has black hair, has bad grades, hates preps, takes drugs.
Ok, the extreme open-mindedness of this quote actually made me wanna make a list of my own;

Narrow-minded arses - Always generalizes everything. Never know what they're talking about. Sees everyone who aren't like them as weird.

Sensible people - Don't judge people by how they look or act, and tend to get to know people before they spread lies and false assumptions about them. May not always be nice people, but at least they can be. I like these guys and gals

Now that's generalisation for you ;)

its just like the Breakfast Club!!!!! :D :D

i love that movie..... ;)

I can't believe US schools are still like that. You see it on films and US tv shows, but you kind of assume it is all a bit of artistic license. It always looks like a complete nightmare that will mess kids up for life.

I guess you get grouping in our schools, but nowhere near to that extent.

Glad i didn't go to those kinds of schools.

I pretty much keep to myself but I do talk to my friends, I'll talk to other people if I have to. *copy/pastes from tyrion*

Grades vary, mostly get good ones though. Tend to disobey the rules, and usually get into trouble lots. Talks mostly about video games and anime and computers. Also has a tendancy to be perverted.

*changes a few things*

I like punk rock, so punks at my school are usually people like me. *stabs tyrion for no reason* ^_^ <3

O.K., get this straight. I didn't invent this, my whole school community did. Lemme add some changes:

Preps also like sports; mainly lacrosse and soccer. They aren't as obsessive about sports as Jocks are though. There is at least one homosexual/bisexual Prep Guy. They ususally take advanced/accelerated classes, but do bad in them.

Normals also have a few bisexuals/homosexuals. Smart Punks and Smarty Smarts take advanced/accelerated classes. Punks are not anit-socials.

Losers are sometimes straight, but are always ugly and/or smelly. Mostly anti-social. These people are also the "retards" that aren't Mentally Retarted. They have no disabilities, they are just plain stupid.

Mentally Retarded people are just left alone. Nobody harrasses them except for a few (O.K., many) Prep Guys and some (very few) Punks. It isn't their fault that they are like that, so most people don't mess with them.

Gothix, I know that there is more to a Gothic than what I wrote, but those are the main characteristics of Gothics in our school. All of them would agree with this.

Everyone else: There is no "Normal" in the Normal category, they are one of the three types of Normals. I don't know why it is called Normals, it just is.

BTW- Only Losers and very few Normals like Yu-Gi-Oh or Poke'mon. If you like these things, you are immediately made fun of and/or bashed up/beat up.

Oh, I'm not saying that this is all schools, this is just mine.

:fett:

Originally posted by Kain

Its called a stereotype.

I don't fit in a stereotype because I act differently all the time.

.....stereotypes are offensive to me because I have friends in any of those 'catagories'. Goth's AREN'T Sadists.....

Everyone loves Kainski :D Ive said this before.... you're the forum equivalent of the captain of the football team :D

as strange as stereotypes are, its human nature to attempt to categorise things in our mind..... try word association......... if someone says "muslim", many think "arab", "middle east" "al qaeda" "bin laden"..........etc. I am muslim, I am not an arab. I am not from the middle east. May of my friends are muslims, they are from indonesia, malaysia, the phillipines and india..... stereotyping is just a form of organisation, unfortuantely it can take a judegemental aspect.... :( I's also think there are varying degrees of this categorisation. when I think "goth" I think about "The Cure" (!), about this girl at uni who taught me the kama sutra :p on the forums I think of Pie, and to a lesser extent kain and selene, though I hardly think they fit the decription fully, its just an association Ive made... :p but also, when I think of Kain for example, I also think of sephiroth, his undying fondness for FFVII, and his contempt for FFX and beyond ! just like when ppl think of astro, they probably think of my FF obsession, and then other things that are obscene and mean :(

*walks off, scratching head, trying to categorise everyone*

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

as strange as stereotypes are, its human nature to attempt to categorise things in our mind..... try word association......... if someone says "muslim", many think "arab", "middle east" "al qaeda" "bin laden"..........etc. I am muslim, I am not an arab. I am not from the middle east. May of my friends are muslims, they are from indonesia, malaysia, the phillipines and india..... stereotyping is just a form of organisation, unfortuantely it can take a judegemental aspect.... :( I's also think there are varying degrees of this categorisation. when I think "goth" I think about "The Cure" (!), about this girl at uni who taught me the kama sutra :p on the forums I think of Pie, and to a lesser extent kain and selene, though I hardly think they fit the decription fully, its just an association Ive made... :p but also, when I think of Kain for example, I also think of sephiroth, his undying fondness for FFVII, and his contempt for FFX and beyond ! just like when ppl think of astro, they probably think of my FF obsession, and then other things that are obscene and mean :(

*walks off, scratching head, trying to categorise everyone*

mtfbwya

Er...what category am I? And you're right, when think of you (I haven't ever done this, mind you), you are 'the FF guy', not 'astrotoy'. :)

Originally posted by GothiX

In that case, your school is full of posers, and not goths. kthx.

Sums it up nicely

W00t Marilyn Manson and Kittie are tha 1337 uber-goths! let's go have kinky sex! :rolleyes:

when I think "goth" I think about "The Cure"
Lol, The Cure is my favourite band, Robert Smith is the best friend I never had :)

When I think of Astrotoy7 I think of a decent liberal guy ;)

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Hmm...

I'm like the second smartest person in my school, and my friend's say I'm cool... so...

I'm a cool smarty-smart person, I guess.

Maybe there's a reason for why they're your friends :p

Originally posted by rick ulo 11103

ummm what is a nymphomaniac?

I think my last girlfriend was a borderline nympho. We couldn't even make it through half of a movie.....

Not that I complained, mind you. But sometimes it would've been nice to see the movie, y'know?

Archived