Home

Over Shadowed by Battlefront?

Xirion

Well I'm sure that they'll both be great games! :D but you really need to play them to determine which one is better...I'm fot comando!! i love squad games like tom clansy games..and games like battle front too..but it think cammando is gonna be better :p

Corax

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think tfighterpilot's point about battlefront is dead on. with so many bf1942 type multiplayer games coming out, it is starting to depend on what the game is based on which will gain interest of people.

also if i was a big clancy fan, i wouldn't be too excited about this game because it looks to be more arcady and unrealistic than clancy games. the squad system seems to be all about quick access with quick action opposed to clancy games that are more about methodical strategy in my opinion.

I prefer accessibility and faster action, to be honest, and I'm not a fan of the 'heavier' tactical shooters that require micro-management of your squad and careful planning before you even start a mission or make a move.

I like a more 'reactive' style of play where I have to think quickly on my feet and take quick and immediate action to counter a move by the enemy. From what I've seen of RC so far, I think it will play more to my style.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking forward to both but more towards battlefront because its coming out sooner but why does everybody compare RC to UR2k4 it should be compared to Rainbow six 3 or something similar to it, UR2k4 is no where related to RC besides its engine.

by the way I sent you a PM fuzzyfreaker

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

I will be getting both games.I hope there both equal.

Equal? Maybe some points can be likewise but both games are totally different things. Parties, timeline, way of playing it,...

Originally posted by Pad

Equal? Maybe some points can be likewise but both games are totally different things. Parties, timeline, way of playing it,...

You really don't know much about Battlefront are you? Yeah, they are very different, but only in the way of playing it, not in the parties and timeline.

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

You really don't know much about Battlefront are you? Yeah, they are very different, but only in the way of playing it, not in the parties and timeline.

I actually know quite some things on BF. I only lurk more at that section then I do here. And it´s not that simple to explain why I see both games different. Maybe read Stormhammers post about it, help you comprehend ;)

Originally posted by Pad

I actually know quite some things on BF. I only lurk more at that section then I do here. And it´s not that simple to explain why I see both games different. Maybe read Stormhammers post about it, help you comprehend ;)

I comprehend it really well, and I prefer bold over italic

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

Yes, but Republic Commando is based SOULY in the Prequel Era, while, correct me if I'm wrong, BF is in both OT and PT eras.

Italic-Bold is the best. :D

Battlefront is going to be the big multiplayer game while I am betting that RC will be dominant in single player action. Battlefront is like the correct version of JA's siege.

I think both will be great games, but Battlefront comes first. RC doesn't come out for a long while. I just have to wait to see how the world reacts to BF for now.

Originally posted by JDKnite188

Battlefront is going to be the big multiplayer game while I am betting that RC will be dominant in single player action. Battlefront is like the correct version of JA's siege.

I think both will be great games, but Battlefront comes first. RC doesn't come out for a long while. I just have to wait to see how the world reacts to BF for now.

Maybe it is good BF will most likely be more popular. You guys can have all the noobs. ;)

I'll buy Battlefront sometime, but I'm definetly getting RC the day it comes out. ;)

i think battlefront will end up being like every other online game of that type (battlefield 1942, halo, ut2004 [assault] etc) ... eventually it MIGHT turn into how many snowspeeders does it take to lift an AT-AT off the ground, or how many people can stand on top of an AT-ST ... which when highlighted on OWN-AGE.COM can be impressive and downright hilarious at times, but it's not the type of game i'm looking for, nor have ever been interested in.

different strokes for different folks ... if that's how they wanna play, so be it. they spent their hard-earned money just like i did, but i don't see RC having many 'stunt' movies coming out of it.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by adillon

i think battlefront will end up being like every other online game of that type (battlefield 1942, halo, ut2004 [assault] etc) ... eventually it MIGHT turn into how many snowspeeders does it take to lift an AT-AT off the ground, or how many people can stand on top of an AT-ST ... which when highlighted on OWN-AGE.COM can be impressive and downright hilarious at times, but it's not the type of game i'm looking for, nor have ever been interested in.

different strokes for different folks ... if that's how they wanna play, so be it. they spent their hard-earned money just like i did, but i don't see RC having many 'stunt' movies coming out of it.

:rolleyes:

Lift an AT AT of the ground with a Snow Speeder? :/

I'd like to see that...

if you've ever seen any of these 'stunt' movies i'm referring to you know what i'm talking about ...

- a UT2004 vid showing them lifting the tank with 4 raptors

- a halo vid showing them plant explosives and when the warthog runs over them it's sent flying

- a bf1942 vid of players standing on a b-17's wing while it's in flight (because THAT is realistic)

- a bf1942 vid of a guy flying a plane and going in a loop, free-falls, and as the plane gets to the bottom of the loop he magically lands in the cockpit

... again, to each his/her own, but i don't see any highlight videos like these coming out of RC.

if you've ever seen any of these 'stunt' movies i'm referring to you know what i'm talking about ...

- a UT2004 vid showing them lifting the tank with 4 raptors

- a halo vid showing them plant explosives and when the warthog runs over them it's sent flying

- a bf1942 vid of players standing on a b-17's wing while it's in flight (because THAT is realistic)

- a bf1942 vid of a guy flying a plane and going in a loop, free-falls, and as the plane gets to the bottom of the loop he magically lands in the cockpit

... again, to each his/her own, but i don't see any highlight videos like these coming out of RC.

And... is this a good thing or a bad thing? Are you saying there won't be many people fooling around in RC like they do in most other games?

Originally posted by ZBomber

And... is this a good thing or a bad thing? Are you saying there won't be many people fooling around in RC like they do in most other games?

However you see, there will always be people trying to fool around. Dont think there is a way to exclude that.

Originally posted by Pad

However you see, there will always be people trying to fool around. Dont think there is a way to exclude that.

I can think of a way! Make a game without friendly fire, no way to commit suicide, not even weapons! In fact, I think I will call it Pong ;)

:D

Originally posted by Pad

I meant equal as the graphics and gameplay.Battlefront will be better in my opinion because it is my type of game.Battlefront is also like republic commando because you can command ai players in both games.Ill be getting both as i have already said but ill be more intrested in Battlefront.

Originally posted by ZBomber

oh, it's neither a good thing nor a bad thing ... just not MY thing. i know there are people in UT2003/4 who are masters at trick jumping, and others get their kicks screwing around with vehicles ... maybe that's the root of my point, the lack of vehicluar action (as far as we know) will *HOPEFULLY* limit these types of activities. i was even in a JK2 clan where the majority of the time spent on the server was seeing how tall a 'human' tower could be made, or how the mines could be arranged to form words ... all in all just a glorified chat room. all i'm trying to say is that i'm the type of player (not that anybody really cares :p ) who will play the gametypes as they're meant to be played, to get the full feeling for the elite commando role in this galaxy far far away.

oh, it's neither a good thing nor a bad thing ... just not MY thing. i know there are people in UT2003/4 who are masters at trick jumping, and others get their kicks screwing around with vehicles ... maybe that's the root of my point, the lack of vehicluar action (as far as we know) will *HOPEFULLY* limit these types of activities. i was even in a JK2 clan where the majority of the time spent on the server was seeing how tall a 'human' tower could be made, or how the mines could be arranged to form words ... all in all just a glorified chat room. all i'm trying to say is that i'm the type of player (not that anybody really cares :p ) who will play the gametypes as they're meant to be played, to get the full feeling for the elite commando role in this galaxy far far away.

Yes, Jedi Outcast was much like that, espcially with those mods where you could sneeze, puke, etc..... a few moinths after it's release, there weren't many games without people clowning around.

Archived