Home

How did you invent your ID?

Sabretooth

OK, not a good subject line, but I can't think of anything better...

Anyways, on this thread, you tell how you came by your username.

For eg. My ID is Sabretooth, because at that time, I was a fan of Sabretooth and hated Wolverine. I also liked Diego, the Sabretooth Tiger in Ice Age. So that's Sabretooth.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose this will show how old my ID is, and how long I've been Internet connected ...

Note - I entered college 20 years ago this fall.

My ID is a simple concatenation of my fraternity name, chapter and roll number - Theta Xi, Alpha, 1265.

First used 'online' in 1985 ...

Mike

What a coincidence, i just thought about starting a similar thread.

My name came to me when i was playing Jedi Outcast. The main bad guy's flagship was called 'Doomgiver' and somehow, that name stuck around. Now it's my nickname on every online or LAN thing i participate in.

I luv the Blade films and any bladed objects,(i own six swords, 3 daggers, and a viking battleaxe) and i got the glaive part from the name of the boomerrang like weapon blade has. The v.1 part was when i created an e-mail address and someone had got glaive already so i thought that version one was 2 long and so i shortened it to v.1. and thats how my name. i use it in every thing, from online to LAN games

Originally posted by Glaive v.1

I luv the Blade films and any bladed objects,(i own six swords, 3 daggers, and a viking battleaxe) and i got the glaive part from the name of the boomerrang like weapon blade has. The v.1 part was when i created an e-mail address and someone had got glaive already so i thought that version one was 2 long and so i shortened it to v.1. and thats how my name. i use it in every thing, from online to LAN games

A glaive is also a kind of medieval polearm ;)

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

yeah, what does 'Siv' mean ? !

* giggles * you'll never know! MUAHAHAHAHAHAA

anyway, the origin of my name is long and often random at best. It all started in 19 odd 6 when the president banned the use of pickle juice as a bathing oil.

Mine is Majin Revan because I am the leader of the Majin Federation and the division of it devoted to playing games online [MFE-A] and my "codename," if you will, is Revan. So, I am known as Majin Revan or Majin Fed. Prez.

:fett:

BTW- I got Revan from KotOR game. He was just...so cool...

Blackout is the name of a song I wrote in me old band, about vampires and stuff.

When I first started on t'internet, I used the name Blackout over at the JC, but I called accounts elsewhere Darth Yen or similar. Then about three years ago I started using BLaCKouT again, don't know why. Since then I've renamed or re-created other accounts.

So... if you're on a message board somewhere and see a BLaCkouT generally causing trouble, then yes, it probably is me :p

B.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

My name kinda sounded like Fett so.... Boba Rhett.

Fascinating, no?

Wow, you must teach me!

Well my name is a long long story. Well it isn't really. I kept on changing names.. Around 5 times and then I just stuck with Michaelmexp.

Originally posted by Doomgiver

But where did the name 'majin federation' come from? i mean, what is 'majin'?

Majin Federation is a personal "good gang," if you will.

Majin means evil, and was used in DragonBallZ.

The Federation part was from the Trade Federation (I used to be obsessed with the Trade Federation droid armies and tanks).

:fett:

In 8th grade, I was in band. Well I started playing the bongos for fun during the free time during set up, and one of the claranet-ists( :confused: ) said, "Hey, it's BongoBob!" And then, the name just stuck. I now use that as my nick in real life, and online.

My gaming name is Mateo. I don't exactly know why. I can't remember why.

:)

Hobbit, because I'm an LotR fan and I'm short for my age... Mennonite because... I don't know why. A friend of mine just picked it because he thought I was too "simple" since I didn't care much for supercomputers and such. So, he took the definition of mennonite as "keeping the simple things in life"...

So, my name's MennoniteHobbit.

:o

Archived