Home

How did you invent your ID?

Sabretooth

The_One - it should really be "The One", but the first forum I signed up to didn't allow for spaces in nicknames. Anyway, "The One" comes from Babylon 5 (watch the show to find out why). Despite popular belief, it does not come from the Jet Li film (which I haven't even seen), Lord of the Rings, The Matrix or The X-Files. I'm a Babylon 5 nut (just ask Stormy or Wacky), and the first forum I signed up to was a B5 community, about 5 years ago (when I first connected to the 'net). I picked this name off the top of my head, and have kept it ever since :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's even harder to believe when your sig and avvie have beena lotr combo since forever ;)

Ever heared about a boy named SivyB?

Ever heard about a boy named Padanime? :indif:

My name comes from 6th grade, the guy who I roomed with this year in college decided that if you dress me up like a girl, I'd look like ET after Drew Barrymore dressed HIM up like a girl. So the nickname ET kinda stuck, although nobody really calls me it outside of the internet....I added the Warrior because ET is too short and boring. WOWZA wasn't that fun?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

My name comes from 6th grade, the guy who I roomed with this year in college decided that if you dress me up like a girl, I'd look like ET after Drew Barrymore dressed HIM up like a girl. So the nickname ET kinda stuck, although nobody really calls me it outside of the internet....I added the Warrior because ET is too short and boring. WOWZA wasn't that fun?

I'm not sure I want to know what you and your roomie where doing dressing you in girl clothes... :-|

Originally posted by Doomgiver

My name came to me when i was playing Jedi Outcast. The main bad guy's flagship was called 'Doomgiver' and somehow, that name stuck around. Now it's my nickname on every online or LAN thing i participate in.

Ah, thought that was where you got it.

Mine's boring, it is just the first part of my email address.

A lot of people probably think I got my name fromt the sci fi show Lexx, but I made up my name and was using it online long before it was on TV.

le = "The" in French

XX = The female chromosome

leXX = The female

:)

Gather round for the riveting tale of How Darth Homer Got His Name!

While registering for the site, I spied an avatar of Homer dressed as Darth Vader. I tried the name Darth Homer and it was available. So here I am. The End.

Ok, so that wasn't as riveting as I thought...

Originally posted by Pie™

I'm not sure I want to know what you and your roomie where doing dressing you in girl clothes... :-|

I didn't say he DID dress me up like a girl, I said IF he were to dress me up like a girl. :D

Although I do look mighty seksy in a dress....

<_<

>_>

I was in a lot of plays in high school

Originally posted by leXX

A lot of people probably think I got my name fromt the sci fi show Lexx

Actually, one of my younger son's best friends from preschool last year went by Lexi, short for Alexandra ... so I actually figured that it was something like that.

... but my wife is a microbiologist, so the XX I got ;)

Mike

First Name I've ever aquired

Dark Mercenary- This was obtained because of my obsession over the trade business of the merc, and my emotion towards senseless killing, which earned me the rank dark.

X- The called me X because that's what I was like, everyones curse.

And I guess the X stood for, me not being able to die in this world or something, I don't know, my friend gave me that name.

Exodus Snake- The term exodus was given to me by another one of my friends, and snake was given to me by another friend because I acted like solid snake and stuff, so I put them together. :)

I have more but I'm to olazy.

I got "Neverhoodian" from a wacky computer game called The Neverhood Chronicles. The game really defies description. Think of it as a claymation Myst, with elements of Looney Tunes, Nightmare before Christmas and a tiny bit of Ren and Stimpy thrown in for good measure. I was (and still am) enamored with the artsy claymation, hilarious hijinks and bizarre characters.

The Neverhood is a place that I'd like to live in. Consequently, I started calling myself Neverhoodian. It's the only name I use online now, so if you see a Neverhoodian anywhere else (particularly on a Jedi Knight series website or a gaming site), chances are it'll be me.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I got "Neverhoodian" from a wacky computer game called The Neverhood Chronicles. The game really defies description. Think of it as a claymation Myst, with elements of Looney Tunes, Nightmare before Christmas and a tiny bit of Ren and Stimpy thrown in for good measure. I was (and still am) enamored with the artsy claymation, hilarious hijinks and bizarre characters.

The Neverhood is a place that I'd like to live in. Consequently, I started calling myself Neverhoodian. It's the only name I use online now, so if you see a Neverhoodian anywhere else (particularly on a Jedi Knight series website or a gaming site), chances are it'll be me.

I have that game.

It was kind of weird, yes?

Walking around and collecting those weird brown stuff before realizing those were tapes and that you could put them into vending-machine-like machines, yes?

In one place, Will/Wille (forgot his name) drops a pot of flowers on your head if you look up at him, yes?

King of Neverhood was a box with hands and legs, yes?

Evil guy is called Klogg, yes?

Ahh, first time I had so many "yes?" in my post.. So refreshing.. :D

Okay, back on topic. My name was conceived (well, actually, copied) when I read the Shannara series. A druid is a person with special powers, and there is a council of them to help the world when evil is near. Bremen was a druid. Nuff said. :D

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

well my last name ends with a z and it's hard to pronounce, so it's sorta like a nickname :D

What a coincidence, so is mine.

Anyways, I play drums and guitar and I like overkillnig things.

hint hint, the 'x' and the 's' both make the same sound

When I signed up for cable internet I was assigned an e-mail account based on a condensed version of my name. (My first name is Ed...)

I just started using it wherever I went online. I didn't even bother to capitalize it.

Laziness incarnate...

• 3 weeks later...

my nickname went through several stages.

firstly i was given the nickname Stevie B, as my first name is Stephen and my second name starts with a B.

One day a drunken friend when to sat Stevie B but it came out Sivy B... from that moment on people called me Sivy B. when i first joined LF i used that nickname. then as time went on i decided to shorten it just Siv to make it more streamline.

as for Pad's name... hehe :D

that started as Padanime... which if you break down looks like this... Pad ani me - what does that mean? you ask, well lets take a closer look...

Pad = short for Padme

Ani = short for Anakin

Me = threesome

:D

Archived