Home

DARGH!!!! I freaking HATE windows XP!

NiKo

NOTHING works on this piece of junk!

i finally managed to get a hold of Discworld 2, and Broken sword 2

and nothing goddamn works on this system! NOTHING!

yufster! tell that bill gates of yours that i'll see him in hell!

i tried nearly anything

now i got Broken sword 2 to install, but when i try to play, the opening music starts for a second, then stops.

and there i am with a black screen and a program that isnt responding

me olde games work fine in xp-dos-box with vdmsound, which i find to be one of the greatest inventions since err.. winnt?

however, under linux i am well served with emulators for my old atari and amiga games. (although it was no problem at all to get those for windows)

also the wine thingy is working pretty good.

the thing is, the oh so mighty linux fails blatantly to work out with my onboard (tsk.. notebooks :rolleyes: ) soundcard and modem in it's usually easy going behavior.

Originally posted by NiKo

NOTHING works on this piece of junk!

i finally managed to get a hold of Discworld 2, and Broken sword 2

and nothing goddamn works on this system! NOTHING!

My Discworld 2 never worked on my in XP professional, but I just remembered, my new laptop has xp home, i wonder if it'll make any difference. it would be cool to be able to play it again.

Don't worry, Niko, WinXP hates you too. ;)

And the wireless internet hates me.

No really, at this very moment it doesn't even think I'm online. It says a wireless internet connection is unavailable.

Right now I shouldn't be online but I am. silly compy.

XP works fine for me, but older games... I know what you mean.

yay. finally.

my modem works with linux.

crap is the driver isnt open source (or none available yet), so i use the trial currently. 14.4 yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

20 bucks? for a linux driver? thats 10 times more then i payed for the whole os.. :dozey:

however.. hoorya!! my first "linuxed" post..

Nah, Windows sucks for a whole load of other reasons, like not runnig game C,D,E and W (ah, the rogue W).

But XP is a good operating system, most of the time. It's just Microsoft has this habit of fixing bugs in it's old operating system by replacing them with new bugs in it's new operating system.

Windows 2005 will come with fully compatible drivers for all hardware and have an inbuilt program for detecting old dos based games and running them properly.

But it won't word process or play music. Just a small downside.

Archived