Home

the sorry state of this forum...

toenail1

Drunken monkeys have carried off the womenfolk. :max: This obviously puts a damper on things.

*(Puts on serious face.)* Fear not. Having been here all of three months, you probably haven't seen much of how traffic on the boards changes over time. ;) Right about this time of year, it's getting nicer out, the sun's up longer (for those of us in the northern hemisphere, anyway) and kids are outside, doing more productive things with their time than surfing the web. This will change in a month or so when it starts getting hot out, which will chase them back indoors. *(Takes off serious face.)*

Also, I kidnapped Sam and Max then sold them to the CIA as Al Qaeda operatives. The reward money was quite adequate. :dozey: Like my new Rolex?

*sigh*

You are right, toenail1. Ever since March 3, 2004, the forums have been nothing but trash talk, pointlessness, idiocy, and I've stopped visiting almost altogether because I leave offended and disgusted.

Maybe if Jake and Metallus updated the site more often...*AHEM*....perhaps upload that stuff they've promised...*COUGH*

Anyway, there's still lots to talk about Sam and Max-wise. There's Steve Purcell's mysterious upcoming sixth compilation comic he hints at every once in a while (already there's Fishwrap, Comico, Epic Comics, Color Collection, and Surfin' the Highway), hunting down missing episodes of the TV show, finding obscure merchandise, and of course bashing Lucasarts.

Let's keep some sense in here, all right?

What happened to the Sam & Max forums, you ask.

insidetheweb closed shop.

The Unofficial Messageboard was good, but it was surpassed in elegance and design by STISH and thus stepped back in deference.

STISH burned down in a fiery sea of flames, which spawned multiple bastard Sam & Max messageboards. Some still exist to this day, idle and lonely.

Up came LucasForums and the renovated Unofficial, which host these lovely forums.

Traditionally Sam & Max forum goers dicuss very little about Sam & Max, because everyone considered a fan already knows, if not owns, everything related to Sam & Max.

Well, All I can say is that the reason that this forum is losing momentum is because we finally are starting to sink in that the game isnt going to be made anytime soon if at all. The only topull everyone back in is to figure out a way to get it back, which is next to impossible. I was one of the persons that thought for sure it was going to be uncanceled, but it seems lucasarts wont bring it out for looooooooooong time.

how sad:(

Nonetheless, I still believe the game will come back.

If you read the press release over carefully, word-for-word, they're saying that they think the market isn't ready or it isn't the right time. After spending all that money, the smart thing to do would be to hold it back for the future when the time is right instead of scrap it altogether.

Now put yourself in Lucasarts' shoes. If you held a game back for a reason, because you thought that the game would not sell well at this time, you would simply shut out all the negative hate coming in from outside and ignore it.

In short: there's nothing more we can do about the game, because they'll be ignoring us, but it is coming out in the distant future, just not now.

oh, i know

The only topull everyone back in is to figure out a way to get it back, which is next to impossible.

and those idiotic ways of getting the game back is what started it going downhill, please dont make anymore ;)

Originally posted by StonerDaveN'Max

Well, All I can say is that the reason that this forum is losing momentum is because we finally are starting to sink in that the game isnt going to be made anytime soon if at all. The only topull everyone back in is to figure out a way to get it back, which is next to impossible. I was one of the persons that thought for sure it was going to be uncanceled, but it seems lucasarts wont bring it out for looooooooooong time.

how sad:(

Dave, there is alot more to OUR lives than Sam & Max and I think the forum is doing pretty well now.

And many people here didn't expect the new game to come out quite some time ago.

Archived