Home

Corralskipper Model Needed!!!!

Could you do this for me?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Could you do this for me?

• Yes.
    • No.

O.K., I am making a NJO series Asteroids TFFA Mod. I'm making the XJ3 X-wing and the NJO TIE Fighter. Problem is I can't model or animate. Here is what I need:

1. The model for the corralskipper.

2. The animations, which would be any default ones. Oh, and only one "engine."

3. Four muzzles.

4. A temporary skin, I'll do the rest.

O.K., if someone would be kind enough to do this, I'd be grateful. Almost all of the credit will go to the modeller for the Corralskipper, since I will be doing the rest of the stuff (.veh editing, .npc editing, skinning, effects, gfx, shaders, etc.)

I'm fairly certain no one will do this though, none of my requests have ever been fulfilled, and this is the one that I want fulfilled the most.

:fett:

Here is some friendly advice:

[*]Get in touch with IG-64. He is around the same age as you and has learned to model. He made the popular Stickman and Mario Bros. models. He might be able to give you some advice about learning to model.

[*]Go here and download SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP. It's a training version of the same software Raven used to make models for Jedi Academy. You can't use it to make finished products but it comes with a bunch of tutorials so you can learn how to model with a powerful tool for free.

[/list=1]Learn how to model like IG-64 did and you won't be dependent on other people, and you can make real, original creations and contributions. And gain more appreciation for what modellers have to learn and do to make the things that others modify.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Here is some friendly advice:

[*]Get in touch with IG-64. He is around the same age as you and has learned to model. He made the popular Stickman and Mario Bros. models. He might be able to give you some advice about learning to model.

[*]Go here and download SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP. It's a training version of the same software Raven used to make models for Jedi Academy. You can't use it to make finished products but it comes with a bunch of tutorials so you can learn how to model with a powerful tool for free.

[/list=1]Learn how to model like IG-64 did and you won't be dependent on other people, and you can make real, original creations and contributions. And gain more appreciation for what modellers have to learn and do to make the things that others modify.

One question, how can't I make finished products with it. I don't understand. And why would I want it if I couldn't make models with it? Oh, and yes, the poll was dumb..........

BTW- I have the SAT II Test and Final Exams coming up so I won't be modding for, like, one-and-a-half weeks. I dunno, it's odd. I do good in school if I play video games or if I mod, but I understand stuff and I can study properly if I play games rather than make mods. Modding takes all of my energy and makes me go crazy about it. Playing games...calms me..........

So, please could someone do this for me. Maybe I'll learn to model over the summer, I dunno, I just won't be modding for one-and-a-half weeks, so I just would be very appreciative if someone could do this for me.

Please consider.

SAT's, 4 hours of the most boring moment in my life...so far. If you want to learn modeling, and possibly be able to acutally make models that can be used in-game, check out Gmax, which is a free version of 3ds Max, you can save and everything, but I'm not sure if it can do stuff for JK. But it's almost exactly like 3ds Max but doesn't have all the modifiers. Plus, you can save. If you want to download it go to google and search for it, it's on turbosquid.com for a free download of I think like 20 MB.

One question, how can't I make finished products with it. I don't understand. And why would I want it if I couldn't make models with it?

You can make models with it as you learn to use it, but for training purposes only.

You see, in the real world (outside of high school and college), stealing is still considered to be wrong. People don't just download "warez" or burned versions of programs that normally cost thousands of dollars. So without training versions, people might have to spend $2,000 or more to buy a modelling program, try to learn on it, say "aw, this is too hard", and then be out of a lot of money.

With the free training version, you can learn useful skills and how to use the program with no upfront investment of thousands of dollars. You might still say "aw, this is too hard" or "I have no talent at this", and it costs you nothing to find that out. Or, if you find that you enjoy it and are good at it, you learn the basics so when you get a full-featured program, you already know what to do with it. SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP lets you save your work and use it within the program as you learn, you just can't export or output what you make. Or else why would anyone buy their full version if they could make products with the free version? Duh.

Plus the world is spared the horror of seeing the results of your early efforts while you are learning the basics. (Too bad MS Paint lets you export things).

I know this is a foreign concept to kids who are used to just stealing, er, I mean "sharing" programs, movies, music, etc. that a lot of people put a lot of work into, and companies spent millions of dollars developing. I guess some people think that stuff just appears by magic and people and companies will just keep making things to be stolen, er, I mean "shared".

gmax is OK but it isn't as powerful as SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP, and SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP has a lot of tutorials to teach you how to use it to model and animate. And there is a specialized version (like gmax) of SOFTIMAGE|XSI for Half-Life 2 that I believe DOES let you output\export things. So if you learn on the free version, you will be ready to make things for Half-Life 2 (which will have 10 times more players than Jedi Academy, so modders' work will have a much larger audience).

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

You can make models with it as you learn to use it, but for training purposes only.

You see, in the real world (outside of high school and college), stealing is still considered to be wrong. People don't just download "warez" or burned versions of programs that normally cost thousands of dollars. So without training versions, people might have to spend $2,000 or more to buy a modelling program, try to learn on it, say "aw, this is too hard", and then be out of a lot of money.

With the free training version, you can learn useful skills and how to use the program with no upfront investment of thousands of dollars. You might still say "aw, this is too hard" or "I have no talent at this", and it costs you nothing to find that out. Or, if you find that you enjoy it and are good at it, you learn the basics so when you get a full-featured program, you already know what to do with it. SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP lets you save your work and use it within the program as you learn, you just can't export or output what you make. Or else why would anyone buy their full version if they could make products with the free version? Duh.

Plus the world is spared the horror of seeing the results of your early efforts while you are learning the basics. (Too bad MS Paint lets you export things).

I know this is a foreign concept to kids who are used to just stealing, er, I mean "sharing" programs, movies, music, etc. that a lot of people put a lot of work into, and companies spent millions of dollars developing. I guess some people think that stuff just appears by magic and people and companies will just keep making things to be stolen, er, I mean "shared".

gmax is OK but it isn't as powerful as SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP, and SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP has a lot of tutorials to teach you how to use it to model and animate. And there is a specialized version (like gmax) of SOFTIMAGE|XSI for Half-Life 2 that I believe DOES let you output\export things. So if you learn on the free version, you will be ready to make things for Half-Life 2 (which will have 10 times more players than Jedi Academy, so modders' work will have a much larger audoence).

Discreet won't bankrupt because people download 3D Studio Max, as with it's price, it isn't meant to be bought by the home user, rather by comanies. I'm not saying that Discreet are ok with it, I'm just saying that they're not loosing any money.

Umm, tFighterPilot, are you in High School or College? Just curious, I always thought you were an adult.

Do you think IG-64 will really be willing to teach me how to model? I hope so.

I think I'll start modding after my SAT II test on June 8th (it is in the morning or afternoon) or June 9th. Then, I'll try my hand at modelling. Sounds cool though.

Is it a hard concept to understand? Like, faces and muzzles?

tFighterPilot, would you kindly make the animations for my Corralskipper if I figure out modelling? That would be very kind of you.

Edit- Umm, tFighterPilot, I noticed that you have the same number of posts now and last time. Just thought I'd let you know.

BTW- If I figure out modelling, I may be able to improve my XJ3 X-wing a lot (the XJ3 X-wing had some shape changes too, minor ones, but still...).

Hellz no!

LOL. Yep sometimes the models bite back.

Anyways. Just rewieght the thing to the humanoid skeleton, add a Bolt_driver and Bolt_flash tag. A tag is just a simple triangle.

Good luck with animations your going to need it. Especially if you plan on doing anything complicated.

Do I really need animations? All I need is the exhaust trail (if it is an animation) and the rolling thing (if that is an animation too).

BTW- Is the Bolt_flash tag for the shots fired or the explosion or the engine thing?

Originally posted by darthviper107

Here are the bolts used:

bolt_exhaust

bolt_driver

bolt_muzzleX (where X is a number)

Exhaust is just an effect, not an animtion.

The bolt_exhaust is also followed by a number (bolt_exhaust1, bolt_exhaust2)

also, if you make a ship, you don't need a bolt_driver, as it will do nothing.

Archived