Home

Why this won't be the 'Ultimate SW Experience' y'all want...

Schetter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Schetter

started WHAT. You flat out called my post crap without offering any arguements to the contrary of what I was saying.

I said that Pandemic Studios are making it, and didn't call your post crap, so now STFU and stop with this crap... oops :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Hate to say "I told you so" - but I called this one a mile away.

As for my initial post for this topic: Battlefront combines most aspects of the SW universe into one package, but does some of them kinda well and others just atrociously. The infantry dynamic is close to what it should be but the guns might as well be Super Soakers for the damage they deal out, and the soldiers can jump and dodge all day like they're freakin Superman. The vehicles are cool and makes it all 'movie-like' but they're pretty overpowered as far as taking out infantry goes. The starfighter dynamic just plain sucks on PC. Good ideas, nice try, but giving PC people a console port and charging them $50 bucks for it is gonna piss some people off.

As for my second post here: LA was concerned with one thing - cashing in on the Battlefield market, and that they did, just as I said they would, because this game would have reached and has reached 'top 10' lists regardless of it's quality just because it's Star Wars. (Nod head here.) Now we're left with a game that was released before it was finished and seriously lacks in the area that it was by all means obligated to shine in: multiplayer.

I, personally, am going to pick up the Trillogy on DVD (because that was Lucas at his prime), and then am never going to give another penny to the Lucas empire again. I will not see Ep III. I will not buy another SW-related game. I WILL NOT BE HAD AGAIN.

You want my cash Mr. Lucas? THEN DONT PUT HALF FINISHED GAMES ON THE F**KING SHELF BECAUSE IT WOULD BE NEAT TO PUSH IT WITH THE DVDS! You lose loyal fans that way - at least you've lost this one.

Research what exactly?

As for LA having nothing to do with the production of this game - try reading this thread, it's already been hashed out and I've already refuted that point.

LA obviously set the timetable for this game to coincide with the DVDs. Obviously Pandemic didn't have the resources to put out a polished product in that time frame. Obviously LA was just out to make a fast buck or otherwise they would have held at least the PC version back a few months until it was really ready to go 'Gold.'

All rather obvious to me...

Archived