Jump to content

Home

A Plea to Lucasarts/Raven


Pres
 Share

Recommended Posts

JK2 was worth playing from the fun of it. Sure there were those honor assholes running around in even the normal servers meant for "playing and having fun" but you can't deny how much fun it was when you play with people who just wanted to have fun and kick your ass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

 

I guess my point is, most euros tend to treat competitive gaming like a "professional sport" where as most americans treat it like a "personal fist fight".

 

 

heh, yea, perfect description, ppl need to friggen chill out :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Umm, I don't think that your descriptions of euro-players is correct tbh. First of all, do you actually think that all euro-players run around with those binds? Well, I can tell you that most people laugh at them (it's mostly a german dilemma <-- spelled right? :p) I'm pretty sure you've never played any good european jk2 players (at least not jumpforce/sabreonlyplayers) because I doubt (and don't get me wrong, I'm not just some german braggin about some "[LOL]F1/23|3/4|)3 here ;) ) that you would stand a chance against some of the best europlayers (you would probably own us baddly with guns though :p). I've never met a american player that's better then me. Perhaps because I don't play on american servers because of the lag and the moaning (****in cheater!! Go **** yo momma!!!11). Well I hope I've made my statement don't judge us too fast, please :)

 

För övrigt anser jag att Israel bör förstöras.

 

So long, cowboys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Hippoh

Umm, I don't think that your descriptions of euro-players is correct tbh. First of all, do you actually think that all euro-players run around with those binds? Well, I can tell you that most people laugh at them (it's mostly a german dilemma <-- spelled right? :p) I'm pretty sure you've never played any good european jk2 players (at least not jumpforce/sabreonlyplayers) because I doubt (and don't get me wrong, I'm not just some german braggin about some "[LOL]F1/23|3/4|)3 here ;) ) that you would stand a chance against some of the best europlayers (you would probably own us baddly with guns though :p). I've never met a american player that's better then me. Perhaps because I don't play on american servers because of the lag and the moaning (****in cheater!! Go **** yo momma!!!11). Well I hope I've made my statement don't judge us too fast, please :)

 

För övrigt anser jag att Israel bör förstöras.

 

So long, cowboys.

 

Lowforce is just stupid, imho. wasn't there some rule about 2 kicks max or some ****? No better than noforce

 

I played on quite a few euro servers and i never had a problem tooling the players i came across with minimal ping difference (400 or so compared to 250-350 on us servers).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

Oh lord I miss SL and it's server... They were practically the only saber using clan I've ever met in which all of the members either equaled me or edged me out for victories with the exception of rat trap, who I pulverized.

 

COME BACK SL SERVER!

 

That is likely because they were one of the three s/o clans that were any good in ja.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Rumor

That is likely because they were one of the three s/o clans that were any good in ja.

 

I think [DiL] is OK.. Unsure if they are saber only though. [DiL] Rahl was/is great at sabery.

 

But yeah, I was thinking of joining [sL] (Got an offer), but had to turn it down due to time constraints. After that, every time some dumb clan asked me to join, I simply said: "If I wanted to join a clan, I'd join SL.". Alas, it's a shame it died.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

I think [DiL] is OK.. Unsure if they are saber only though. [DiL] Rahl was/is great at sabery.

 

But yeah, I was thinking of joining [sL] (Got an offer), but had to turn it down due to time constraints. After that, every time some dumb clan asked me to join, I simply said: "If I wanted to join a clan, I'd join SL.". Alas, it's a shame it died.

 

rahl ventured into our server once. He never came back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by razorace

God, the Clanners have bigger egos than the modders do.

Nice contribution to the the thread there..

 

Lowforce is just stupid, imho. wasn't there some rule about 2 kicks max or some ****? No better than noforce
I agree, having played it quite a bit as a break from guns I was surprised at how easy it was to start playing and within weeks be able to hang with the 'top' players no problem. I didn't always beat them, but, I had no problem taking a fair share of points, 6-7 kills in games to 10 for example, and seeing as I was extremely new to the gametype it seemed weird. I don't have much respect for a gametype where I can walk in as a new player and not get completely smacked about.

 

This wasn't the same in other gametypes, guns, sabers FF etc. where the skill gap between new and experienced was extreme. Plus playing the game with more than half the features disabled never made much sense to me. :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

You have a server? What's the IP? I'll try it sometime in the future.

 

We did when we competed, which was months ago, and we ended up only playing in actual matches, so we got rid of it after a month and used the other teams' servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by vert1go

Nice contribution to the the thread there..

 

I agree, having played it quite a bit as a break from guns I was surprised at how easy it was to start playing and within weeks be able to hang with the 'top' players no problem. I didn't always beat them, but, I had no problem taking a fair share of points, 6-7 kills in games to 10 for example, and seeing as I was extremely new to the gametype it seemed weird. I don't have much respect for a gametype where I can walk in as a new player and not get completely smacked about.

 

This wasn't the same in other gametypes, guns, sabers FF etc. where the skill gap between new and experienced was extreme. Plus playing the game with more than half the features disabled never made much sense to me. :p

 

Guns are fun in the quakes, cs, ut series, etc. they sucked in jk2/jk3, imho. FF/SO was really deep and totally different. Sure, i can start up q3 once a year and do really damn well in duels, but it doesn't hold a candle to jk2 ff/so duels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by razorace

God, the Clanners have bigger egos than the modders do.

 

Probably, but then we don't make up page long rants when someone copies/improves upon a style/move that we invented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Rumor

Probably, but then we don't make up page long rants when someone copies/improves upon a style/move that we invented.

 

Is that suppose to be some sort of personal burn? Because I have no clue what you're talking about.

 

Anyway, I can guarntee you that the clanners bitch on these forums WAY more often than the modders do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by razorace

Is that suppose to be some sort of personal burn? Because I have no clue what you're talking about.

 

Anyway, I can guarntee you that the clanners bitch on these forums WAY more often than the modders do.

 

No, it was a friendly jab at part of the modding community. You know i love vasudans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, not all Europeans are like that... it's mostly germans with the annoying binds, I have binds but they're just short stuff like "lol", not -={]-LOL-[}=- , like I used to have back in JK2. but swedish people are nice, (no i'm not swedish) but it seems to me the germans seem to annoy me the most with their ampunish stuff, and they play very unfair too. I had a guy come up to me and yell "LAMER!!!!!!" and I got sleeped at once, I didn't even ignite my saber before that.

 

well as for americans, I never enter US servers, just like at rare times, all I see is they babble their asses off and argue a lot, but other than that they usually are kind of agressive, but I only find that as a challenge... had some guy scream "no force you noob" in a Force enabled server rofl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Master William

Well, not Europeans are like that... it's mostly germans with the annoying binds, I have binds but they're just short stuff like "lol", not -={]-LOL-[}=- , like I used to have back in JK2. but swedish people are nice, (no i'm not swedish) but it seems to me the germans seem to annoy me the most with their ampunish stuff, and they play very unfair too. I had a guy come up to me and yell "LAMER!!!!!!" and I got sleeped at once, I didn't even ignite my saber before that.

 

well as for americans, I never enter US servers, just like at rare times, all I see is they babble their asses off and argue a lot, but other than that they usually are kind of agressive, but I only find that as a challenge... had some guy scream "no force you noob" in a Force enabled server rofl

 

hrhr

 

that reminds me i need to find that demo lololololol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...