Home

Anyone who has played Broken sword 1...help

NiKo

i know this isnt' the place to ask, but BS forums are dead.

i've been replaying BS now, but for some reason i cant' see the cutscenes.

now i've just returned to paris after being in ireland.

in the cutscene when george enters the cave in the dig, what does he find there that makes him head back to ireland?

he mentioned something about sleeping with a dead guy the other night

again, sorry for asking here, but i figured it wouldnt hurt trying.

I should kick you out. Dissing BS is sacrilage, and dissing NiKo is worse.

But I won't for two reasons, one, I like ya, you're fun and you were only joking and two, I can't, only a mod, not a supermod or admin.

In the cutscene, you enter a room with a tapestry of Montfaucon and hanged man, explaining why george goes back to paris as he needs to go to motafacon church (and later, that catacombs underneath)

Originally posted by Joshi

I should kick you out. Dissing BS is sacrilage, and dissing NiKo is worse.

But I won't for two reasons, one, I like ya, you're fun and you were only joking and two, I can't, only a mod, not a supermod or admin.

In the cutscene, you enter a room with a tapestry of Montfaucon and hanged man, explaining why george goes back to paris as he needs to go to motafacon church (and later, that catacombs underneath)

thanks,:)

so there was a tapestry of Montfaucon AND a hanged man?

or just a tapestry of a hanged man?

cause george mentioned something in nicos apartment, about having to share a room with a dead guy.

Yeah, it was a tapestry and a hanged man. I can't fully remember the relevence of the hanged man, I haven't played the game in a while, but he was there, perhaps some guy who tried to get in before, I can't remember. (but being as bored as I am, I'm gonna go lpay through the trilogy again)

I think if you search through Google, you might be able to find something that can help you run the cutscenes in BS1 (google, is there anything they can't do).

EDIT

Try running it through SCUMMVM Q+E, I haven't tried it, but it may work.

Okay, so couldn't find this thread after that, but after replaying it, I was wrong, it was actually a tapestry of a hanged man, the dead guy george was refering to was in the room he was staying in at the pub (remember the landlord says he can have a room as soon as the last guy checks out which is when the undertaker comes to collect him)

And yeah, so I found my old copy of BS1 (we're moving soon so I had already packed it away, but in the midsts of packing, I found another version of BS1 I thought I'd lost, so that was lucky) and despite having over about 10Gb's HD space, the installation thing said I didn't have enough space on the drive, (for even a 15 mb installation) so I had to install it onto a removable disk and then copy the files to the HD, but it had to be a 15 mb installation as that's all that would fit onto my 128mb USB drive which means the game ran slower. Any way around this?

Run the game in compatability mode, that's all it took for me. I played it through in January before going through the third one. I read the problem is caused by the game being made to not recognize a hard drive size bigger than 6 Gigs, as any more than that would be unfathonable, who would ever need more than that? So anything bigger confuses it. But put it in Win 98 compatability mode and for some reason that fixes the problem.

Thanks, I'll try that (and having aslready completed it a few days ago, I probably won't play it, but it's worth noting for the future, I don't generally complete a game twice in the space of a week, or even a month).

and now onto BS3 (BS1 is still the best)

Archived