Home

RotK DVD

CapNColostomy

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I'm waiting for the 4-disc extended edition.

Ditto that. I won't buy it until the extended edition arrives, probably some time in November.

I did rent the current DVD version, though, just to see the 'original' cut - because I too missed it at the cinema.

I really liked ROTK, although I think it lost a bit of momentum in parts - and there seemed to be too many 'endings'.

Now I can't wait to see the extended edition - and I know I'll be making a day of it, watching all three extended editions in turn. :)

a copy made my way the other day. It definitely loses something on the small screen, unless you're some rich fella with a HUGE TV. No way I'll even think about buying it till we get the 50th anniversary super duper edition with even extra bits....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by The_One

If you're a geek then you get both the theatrical cut and the extended version. And if they do a bumper boxed set later, you get that too :)

You have me described - I own all the DVDs they've come out with to date. ;)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I couldn't resist getting it. Target had it on sale (14.98)

I got it for 14.96 at Wal-Mart. You settled for too much, Rhett. People will start taking advantage of you. :D

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I'm waiting for the 4-disc extended edition. I may rent here in the next few days, I was only able to see it once in the theater.

Same here, I saw it once, I'll probably rent it, but I'll wait and buy the Extended Edition to complete my collection of all three extended ones...

Then I'll waste one whole day and watch all three back to back to back!!! Muwahahaha...:D

(It'll take around 10 hours to do I think...)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

...kick arse...

I thought all you yanks spelt it as *ass* rather than *arse* which is how we other english speaking nations do... interesting ...

yeah, pitch black, gotta see that before I see Captain Riddickulous

mtfbwya

I already have the 3 theatrical versions, along with the 2 extended editions, waiting for later in the year for the EE of ROTK. It is coming, it was on the back of the booklet inside the Oz version of ROTK.

It will be some 4 odd hour movie, now that is long....

Sorta like what Kill Bill will be when Tarantino puts them together as the one movie it was originally to be...

I always buy the theatrical release DVDs, then give them to the rest of my extended family to pass around and watch when the Expanded Version comes out. (They don't buy many DVDs on thier own.)

That way I dodn't have to wait,.. and I also appear to be a nice guy! ;)

Archived