Home

JA Dying?

Obi_Kwiet

There are more servers and players now than when JA started. What's the problem?

I still play JA multi, occaisonally. Therefore, in my view

JA Lives!

(An ignore player function would most likely fix 75% of all JA multiplayer problems listed in these forums.)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Master William

and god do I hate the little ****heads who rename to stuff like "Jenny" and use a female model. All they need is to accuse someone for laming and the male admin, hungering for female contact, kicks you

That is so sad. I can't begin to say how pathetic that is...!

If they put an ignore feature in, they'd have to make it so that Admins could override it, otherwise who would listen to their long boring speeches and rule rants? Oops, I mean they have to be able to communicate with players somehow! ; )

PS: Hi Wilhuf! =)

I think he actually got that from what Prime said about what someone in JK3Files said:

Originally posted by Prime

However on the jk3files server I did get called a lamer because I killed a guy who was standing still with his saber up. I was told that killing a stationary opponant was "gey."

Larf that would be the worst. Long-winded admin speeches. Thank the maker (Raven) we have the option of running our own servers, sparing us of such a fate!

Yes, admins would have to override /ignore for critical comms, such as "I am restarting the server," etc.

Originally posted by Kurgan

That is so sad. I can't begin to say how pathetic that is...!

This from a man who has a harem of women on his server whose sole purpose is to shout 'Kurgan is the King' on a regular basis! :eek:

Actually, Prime, do you remember who it was that called attacking idle people "gey"? If I see 'em again, I can warn them for using abusive language (since, "gay" is on the xMod profanity filter, so they had to avoid it with a misspell, which I just added to the filter after hearing this). :)

Originally posted by TK-8252

Actually, Prime, do you remember who it was that called attacking idle people "gey"? If I see 'em again, I can warn them for using abusive language (since, "gay" is on the xMod profanity filter, so they had to avoid it with a misspell, which I just added to the filter after hearing this). :)

Actually, I don't remember who it was. There were a lot of people playing, and the name didn't stick with me. It wasn't a big deal to me, so I didn't pay it much mind really.

Thanks though. :)

Originally posted by zeppelin_tom

ya as Amidala said , try CTF for some fast paced action

or even better if u want action and want to play tactical u should go here and get the mod http://www.moviebattles.com (i abandoned JK2 CTF for this)

imo its the best mod ever made for all the JK series

anyway , go there and read what it is all about

Do many people play it?

I've only had the game for about 3 months, and I think that siege mode is the coolest multiplayer feature i've ever seen. Except for lamers (I call them "Francers" or "French", for obvious reasons), this is the most fun game i've ever played. Yet, for some reason, no one speaks of it. Just my 2 cents. I love dropping bombs on fools.

Each to his own.

Personally I wouldn't play JK2 1.02 because of all the exploits. Even if it is fun spinning with the strong DFA and doing the one tap flip kicks.

Fewer people play 1.02 than 1.04, and it's even fewer than play JA, but it still has a few die hards playing it, at least last time I checked (about 3 months ago).

Apparently JA is nowhere close to dying, at least in sales. This is for the week ending May 22...

From http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=23811

1 Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic - LucasArts $22

2 City Of Heroes - NCsoft $47

3 Far Cry - Ubisoft $38

4 Battlefield Vietnam - Electronic Arts $37

5 Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - LucasArts $26

6 Rise Of Nations - Microsoft $34

7 MS Age Of Mythology - Microsoft $33

8 Rise Of Nations: Thrones & Patriots Expansion Pack - Microsoft $26

9 Unreal Tournament 2004 - Atari $38

10 The Sims Deluxe - Electronic Arts $27

Archived