Home

JA Dying?

Obi_Kwiet

Originally posted by Pal™

But when you buy a sequel you kinda expect new characters and exiting new graphics but JA failed to deliver any of that. Heck that didn't even check the multi player sounds so half of the characters say "Take that".

But that is you placing expectations on the game. JA delivered what the devs said it would. If you bought the game expecting different things, that isn't their fault. :)

And as lukeskywalker1 pointed out, there are plenty of new characters.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xmod2 seems like the best "admin mod" out there, period.

However, I really want to use OJP, because of the TAB Bots and some Siege fixes. But I can't very well use it until RazorAce releases the new Basic (with the Linux port), because I have no desire to use the new saber system (since it really doesn't work well outside of sabers only, IMHO).

Since both are code modes, I don't think I can combine them.

I have no desire to implement any "honor system" or turn the game back into JK2, but a few of the Xmod2 fixes would be nice and anything that can enhance Siege/CTF are fine by me.

As for FFA, I dunno, when I was running my server (for the last 3 months) everytime I would be in FFA mode the server would empty out fast. People didn't seem to want to play FFA, but they loved Siege. This is even though my server was virtually rule free and no admin mods were being used. They just didn't want to play FFA on the base maps (or with the bonus pack) anymore.

This is in contrast to my DSL server all those months BEFORE I got Jediservers and the fast server. True, half the time nobody was in my server but bots, but the other half people played FFA and enjoyed it. I guess if you have a fast server people just assume you're going to be hosting CTF or Siege. Or something...

I think the next time I do it, I'm going to have basically 8 custom bots all the time (TAB Bots).

hehe I came up with an evil sneaky way to lure people onto servers in the next xmod2 release. I'm sure you admins will love it. ;)

Soon as I get some beta reports from Amidala I will let you guys know of the definate release date. In the new system I have fixed DFA moves so they don't trace through people doing little/no damage. This means that speed/rage/dfa is a workable combo once again and that these moves actually do what they are supposed to.

Try it out on servers:

67.15.23.177:29070 (chop shop)

216.65.117.253:29070 (xctf)

216.65.117.254:29070 (xffa)

People who wish to continue playing as the developers intended are moving to other game modes, ones that are less conducive to the roleplayer lite/honor n00b/whiner people.

Indeed. Wouldn't it be great if someone makes a mod which kicks people for crying lamer and whining? :p

TOURNAMENT

erm, well why dont we get one going and see if the game picks up then, im sorta trying to do one but lol, only one person signed up, kinda sucks. shows the dedication of the players.

JA is a good game but i must admit not as good as we all thought it would be. i think RAVEN rushed the release of this game, yeah we all wanted it but for what it is, i could have waiting. and i think i speak for most others...

Well, Im ultimatly sure that raven would have done 10 times better on the game, but that lucasarts said 'get this game on store shelves by september (26th?)'

I cant remember the date now, but anyways...

Just looking at screenshots and reading reviews often gets people hopes up higher than they should be.

I take it all back about Xmod2.

As of version 2.7, Hex has gone off the deep end and put back in the (pointless, stupid) amabuse commands, assumedly out of a desire to be "more popular" with the h0n0r n00bs and ego-tripping admins out there who are addicted to JA+ mod.

Using this mod will only hurt the community further unless Hex comes to his senses again. ; p

Originally posted by =X=Master HeX

hehe I came up with an evil sneaky way to lure people onto servers in the next xmod2 release. I'm sure you admins will love it. ;)

Evil and sneaky is right, and no, I don't love it. Quite the opposite...

Archived