Home

Player select icon not showing up in MP

Aryyn

I created a custom model for MP and the icon_default is not showing up in the player select screen! I have to manually select the model in console to use the model now why is this happening? I have the jpg the correct size and format!

I have had this problem before. I forgot exactly why it happens but it has something to do with the file size of the .jpg icon. If you have Photoshop 7 open it in that. Save it as a "quality of 8" and select "Baseline Optimized" in format options.

Then save as icon_default.jpg. I haven't had a Icon not work in long time. If you still can't get it to work send it to me and I will get it in game.. Also I have had icon at 256 pixels work and 128. 128 that is the standard for all JKA icon I think check that maybe that will fix it with out much else.

I have had the very same problem. Try copying another character .pk3 file, changing the name of the entire .pk3, and then putting all your model_default.skin and every other file of your custom player model should go into the .pk3 as well.

Now to do this, just delete all the old files in the, I think it's the pk3's players file, and add the new files by clicking the add button in WinRaR. Don't fool around with extracting it and pasting files into a regular folder.

Once you have added the files, you can just close the winrar program and it should have fixed your problem. If you need more specific details, just give me a reply.

Archived