Home

Bastila Shan-WIP

darthviper107

Well, the modeling is done, but the bone setup I'm using is screwed up so it's completely wrong when I bring it in-game.

Unfortunately, I can't use the better JKA bones setup since 3ds Max 5 is having authorization difficulties, and I'm stuck with Max 4. So, if anyone with a better JKA bones structure who could weight it for me, that would be great, that's all I need done because I can do the rest of it. Of course I would give them credit in the readme. BTW, I took this model out of KOTOR and set it up and everything so that it would work with JKA (It's not as easy as you think). It has all of the caps and everything accept for bones and tags.

Here's a pic:

bastila.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't need anyone to weight it anymore, I had moved the model and the skeleton down because I thought it would be floating above the surface so everything was screwed up :( , but now it's fixed and looks great in-game. I'll put up picks once I've fixed the caps though.

Hey Darthviper that looks really good. For permission I believe you need to contact Lucasarts not Bioware since LA is the license holder and publisher; considering their stance on modding KotOR though I would not expect a positive response since this is a model extracted from the game, if they have the time to respond at all. Bioware will most likely tell you either no or to contact Lucasarts but I think you get my point.

I do hope you can release her though, I love Bastila and she makes an excellent JKA model, it would be awesome if they let you. I'll definately keep an eye open for her.

With JKA there are two tail bones that look to be originally meant for the twi'lek head tails. It may be a good idea to at least try weighting robes fabrics and other things that hang off the body to those bones. Animation-wise they move along with the femurs but not exactly. I'd try a

25% weighting between them and the rest of the weights spilt between the hips and femurs myself.

Either way nice job bringing it over. And may I recommend adding some holster tags so it'd be nice and compatible with OJP? The three saber tags would be sufficient. :)

I can't check my email right now, so I have to wait until I get home. I have the flaps on the front and back of the hips weighted to the pelvis, but that just because I wanted to get it in-game quick. I want to make the face have animations, mouth, eyes etc. But I'm not sure if her face is in the right position so it might not work. I'll put in the tags so that it will be compatible with the OJP code. I sent the email to Bioware because they did like all of the work so hopefully they have replied. Other than that it is ready, I have the botfiles, skins and sounds. So we will see when I get home today.

Archived