Home

Bastila Shan-WIP

darthviper107

You may not: ((1)) copy, distribute,

rent, lease or sublicense all or any portion of the Software; ((2)) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software; ((3)) transmit the Software over a network, by telephone, or electronically using any means, except in the course of your network multi-player play of the Software over authorized networks; ((4)) engage in matchmaking for multi-player play over unauthorized networks; ((5)) design or distribute unauthorized levels; or ((6)) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software. You may transfer the Software, but only if the recipient agrees to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you transfer the Software, you must transfer all components and documentation and erase any copies residing on computer equipment. Your rights in and to this license are automatically terminated if and when you transfer the Software.

Looking at the hole thing there of most of the stuff you can't do. It seems to me that you are not suppose to mod the game at all. KOTOR has the same crap and there was all kinds of talk about it not being able to be moded and there are all kinds of stuff to DL now. They have given no support to the moding community unlike they did for JKA.

On top of that anything you make for the game belongs to Lucas Arts and not to the one who makes it.. How do you have right to a subject you don't have the licence for and are in technical violation of by even making?

The one thing from JK2 that was never released was the Single Player source code. If they had all the mods where you could use 2 sabers or Saber staffs in MP we would have had in SP. That would have made JKA which is almost the same game as JK2 engine wise pointless to buy.

KOTOR 2 is in the making and looks a lot like KOTOR 1. As for all the fuss about moding KOTOR when it came out that might be why.

REMIMBER YOU CAN NOT !

(2) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software.

(5) design or distribute unauthorized levels.

(6) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software.

Maybe we should all go talk to our lawyers?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that goes for modding KOTOR, and I'm not modding KOTOR, so, right now it's uploading to pcgamemods, if they want it off, then they can take it off, otherwise, it will be there, or I can just put it on my website.

EDIT:Nevermind, i'll just upload it to my website and people can download it if they want to. And then we can wait for permission, and if it's not allowed I'll just take it off.

Nothing big but I saw in the files that you wanted the saber of the bot to be orange?

So in the scripts folder go to the bot file and where it says saber color put a [ (1) for orange.] Then when you spawn the bot she has a orange saber. Right now I was getting a red one. Looks really nice..

If you do go for another port unless you get shut down Do the Twi'lek male. I think that has been one of the longest wanted models. Well at least by me.;)

Nice ScreanShot

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=80502

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

If you do go for another port unless you get shut down Do the Twi'lek male. I think that has been one of the longest wanted models. Well at least by me.;)

[/url] [/b]

*officially seconds the motion of porting a male twi'lek

I'm glad you like it, I wish I could have made her face animated but it would have screwed up the model, BTW it does have OJP support. Right now I almost have the Sith Soldier model in-game, just have to fix some weighting problems, but I will be doing the Male Twilek so don't worry. I just hope lucasarts gives me permission.

I noticed something odd.. While you do the dual saber barrier kata, the blades fly up and return normally, but when the right hilt goes near her right hand it seems to bolt itself to her right wrist, then teleport through it to get to her hand. No other model I've seen does this..

Originally posted by keshire

Now I'm not usually one to say anythign about weighting because i hate doing it myself. BUT, fingers. the fingers look like crap when not weighted. Especially with hers being splayed out like they are.

It's quite a problem, as the model was not originally made for JA.

Not that I would know, I never made a player model...

Originally posted by darthviper107

I just hope lucasarts gives me permission.

Me too, it would be fantastic to use some of these KOTOR models in JA SP levels - with your permission of course! :) We could continue the adventures of characters and things like that, would open up some really interesting avenues of editing.

It's quite a problem, as the model was not originally made for JA

once you have that model into an editor the sky's the limit. plus the splayed fingers aren't a problem per se. Its just its more noticeable. So they SHOULD be weighted.

Originally posted by Autobot Traitor

As long as your at it, could you make the hutt into a MD3 model? It would great in a map

Yea good idea, also the Kell Dragon and the other creatures from the wookie homeworld. Oh Wookies too, we could bring Chewie's ancestors back to him! :D The game has alot of great models that would be awesome for JA.

I dl bastila yesterday and its awesome! Just amazing i also glitch it some how, i was using SavageX's new Wing Gundam model with 2 sabers and i type in playermodel bastila it gave one single saber in one hand and a saber staff in the other. Thinking about its, is its possible make a mod to do this? Just wondering.

Originally posted by darthviper107

I don't think it's a problem with the model, it might be a problem with your installation, sometimes it does random thing.

In every other model I have, the fingers close around the hilt as it comes back. Her right hand also doesn't seem to grip the sabers really.. They seem to be loosely attached.

Originally posted by ancient_fett

I dl bastila yesterday and its awesome! Just amazing i also glitch it some how, i was using SavageX's new Wing Gundam model with 2 sabers and i type in playermodel bastila it gave one single saber in one hand and a saber staff in the other. Thinking about its, is its possible make a mod to do this? Just wondering.

Mabye that's how she lost her saber on Taris lol

I don't like to weight the fingers because they get way too confusing, but it's not really that noticable. I'm glad everyone likes it, no reply from Lucasarts, but I will be working on models, probably not very much today, we have a graduation party and stuff(not my graduation) so I don't have much time today. But I will be setting up the Male Twilek for SP mode as a custom character.

Archived