Home

Bastila Shan-WIP

darthviper107

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I only did Bastila and Revan, and Revan wasn't a conversion so it could be better. But I didn't do Malak, that was hand modeled by someone(I forgot who) and it looks great. Right now I'm almost finished with the Sith Soldier, and then I will be working on the Male Twilek.

I don't like to weight the fingers because they get way too confusing, but it's not really that noticable.

People that know better notice.

Also. Would the arms and legs happen to be to long/short on the model itself. It looks to be deforming strangely. ie the hands go way past the spots they need to be. And don't match up when holding the saber.

Also, weighting fingers isn't as difficult as people make it seem. And I'd hate to see this model not be as popular as it could be because of something simple and fixable.

That's great news about the Sith Trooper darthviper, can't wait to see it. Bastila looks excellent and the sounds are great. But I do agree with keshire about the finger bones, though it isn't very noticeable when dueling her bot it is very clear when using her; when the saber is off it looks like the hilt is just glued to the hand as the fingers point staright down, when she turns it on, the left hand goes through her right wrist and when swinging (at least in medium stance) the saber isn't even held in the hand but floats just outside of it.

If there is any way to weigh the fingers to grip the saber properlly it would perfect the model. I hope you can correct this tiny issue, other than that she's perfect. Thanks a lot for bringing Bastila to JA.

Originally posted by darthviper107

Now, I only did Bastila and Revan, and Revan wasn't a conversion so it could be better. But I didn't do Malak, that was hand modeled by someone(I forgot who) and it looks great. Right now I'm almost finished with the Sith Soldier, and then I will be working on the Male Twilek.

You could do a better Revan, importing it from KOTOR.:D

Originally posted by keshire

People that know better notice.

...And I'd hate to see this model not be as popular as it could be because of something simple and fixable.

I notice these things. Like when the tag on every saber in a saber pack is 180 degrees off, I point it out. Then everyone in the thread starts flaming me for interrupting their "You're the best modeller!" wank-fest.

I've seen more complicated stuff updated the very same day without a grumble. Those people care about the quality of their work, not their egos.

Hmm... why not do Malak and Revan? You said you wouldn't... but please, try. Especially Revan, that's the number one in the "Must convert to JA from KOTOR"-list, hehe.

Man, if we could have all sorts of models from KOTOR into JA... imagine a new SP adventure. You're Revan, you replace Kyle with Jolee, Luke with... uh... crap. Well, I'll bet you someone is more creative than me. The aliens on that planet with the waterfalls could be replaced with Selkath though... and Stormtroopers with Sith Troopers... Tavion could be Bastila.

In fact, it fits more for JK2. Jan can be Bastila, you're Revan, Desann is Malak, etc.

Originally posted by Master William

Hmm... why not do Malak and Revan? You said you wouldn't... but please, try. Especially Revan, that's the number one in the "Must convert to JA from KOTOR"-list, hehe.

Hmm why port over Malak? There is already a perfectly good model already made.

Malak

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4696/

Revan

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4709/

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't change the poly count, unless because of putting in the caps, but some have like 4,000 polys while others have like 2,000(HK-47). I didn't want to change the poly count to be lower on the bigger models since it would have made it look bad, but it also causes the parts that have too many to not have a shadow(if you have volumetric shadows enabled in SP you won't see a shadow of some characters head's on the ground).

Note to everyone:I will NOT be putting any models on my site or be emailing them to anyone anymore, plus I will not be converting anymore models, and I won't be doing anymore mods for a while since I'm doing a fanfilm...and I won't be around on the internet very often because we just lost our cable internet and I can only get on my dad's computer until we get a dial-up line installed.

• 4 weeks later...

LMAO, this was like one of those stories where you could sort of tell what the ending was going to be half way through. I like the twist, though. Instead of the model not being available because Lucasarts said no there was another reason it isn't going to be available.

BTW, you guys do know that the PC version of KotoR has some insane mods on it, right? People have been making everything you could think of, from items to models, even nude Bastila skins. Since they've been doing this with no heat from Lucasarts or Bioware or anybody else I don't see why there'd be a problem with taking the models from one Lucasarts game and putting it into another. So if someone who was lucky enough to get that Bastila model before it was taken down would like to share it with the rest of us I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with that. Thats what darthviper107 was intending to do, anyways...

Originally posted by shmacdonald's

LMAO, this was like one of those stories where you could sort of tell what the ending was going to be half way through. I like the twist, though. Instead of the model not being available because Lucasarts said no there was another reason it isn't going to be available.

BTW, you guys do know that the PC version of KotoR has some insane mods on it, right? People have been making everything you could think of, from items to models, even nude Bastila skins. Since they've been doing this with no heat from Lucasarts or Bioware or anybody else I don't see why there'd be a problem with taking the models from one Lucasarts game and putting it into another. So if someone who was lucky enough to get that Bastila model before it was taken down would like to share it with the rest of us I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with that. Thats what darthviper107 was intending to do, anyways...

What does making mods for KOTOR has to do with taking models from a game and import it to another game? :/

The reason was that LucasArts didn't agree, there was no other reason.

I say people should move on with there lives and forget about the lost KOTOR Models. If you want to continue to whine on about these models not being legal, go get your self a copy of a modeling program and make them yourselves! I suggest this thread being closed down for good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived