Home

The Imperial Expeditionary Force (Thread 2)

boranchistanger

The IEF can play in the following:

1. Battlefield 1942 full version (Almost the entire clan has it)

2. Joint Operations Typhoon Rising demo (Once again, most members have it)

3. Battlefield 1942, the full version. Only 4 members have it but hopefully that will increase.

-Boran

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June comes to an end and July begins. It is time now for my second rah rah summery of the month.

At May's end the IEF faced its greatest crisis: A hacker. Some loonatic who has absolutely no life and probuably is 40 and lives with his mom got into all my accounts and basically shut down the clan for two days.

After that incident countless safety measures have been put in place to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. I would, however, like to thank the IEF members for staying calm and dealing with the situation responsably.

During June 4 new members were added to the North American division while 1 was added to the European division. Unfortinately one member decided to wait until closer to game launch to join a clan so was forced to leave.

Despite the slower growth in June the IEF still remains the largest clan in Star Wars Battlefront. The clan's members have been playing Joint Operations and Battlefield 1942, both games very similar to Battlefront, and have displayed some kick (beep) skills. The IEF teammates work together remarkably, everyone has a lot of skill, and opponents never stand a chance. IEF members have displayed remarkable abilities to think fast, make quick decisions and listen to orders. Hopefully our little victory over ORG on June 30 will be the first of many more.

While no longer the mad rush of applications like there was during May, the IEF still recieves on average at least one application daily. Inbterest is still there and hopefully the interest will continue and grow right up until game launch.

Probuably the most important thing to occur was the election of the first IEF senate. While we are currently determining the senator for the last senate position, the current senators arte already making great leaps and bounds. Already a proposition has been discussed and is being voted on while I have gotten multiple emails sharing concerns from senators about their constituants. Democracy can and will work in the clan world and once again the IEF will set the standard and lead the clan world in this.

Like I said earlier the IEF has gotten multiple new members. I will share a little about each one.

Yoda King: A remarkable member, Yoda is not only a very skilled gamer but a very good human being. Yoda was second in the senate election and his unfaltering dedication to whatever he does will serve him well in the senate. He has much potential and I can't wait to see him tear apart the battlefield in Battlefront.

Dark Cross: Dark Cross is a very experienced gamer from, of all places, liberal Canada! Dark Cross is a very intellegent human being who has that all to rare trait of common sense. Dark Cross is very mature while at the same time very skilled at games. He is always a key asset whenever the IEF plays in Joint Operations or Battlefield 1942 and I am sure that will carry on for Battlefront.

Drax Kreiger: Drax is the smartest member on the IEF. In the real world he has over a 4.0 GPA with some really tough classes. His knowledge shows as he advices me on multiple things and at the same time is very loyal. Drax will follow and execute orders better than most and his all-around capabilities are quite useful.

Jaden Malip: Jaden is the second member of the IEF: European Division. Jaden is from the UK, however he plays all the time with IEF members in games. Jaden is, like all members of the IEF, a very skilled gamer who, like Drax, has the all-around capabilities. In Battlefront Jaden will be a valuable asset just like he has in Battlefield 1942 and Joint Operations.

So as we continue to grow, develop and have fun during July I would like all IEF members to have Rourk in your mind. Rourk has been my friend for over 4 years and has stuck with me through thick and thin. He has been very loyal and it is very unfortinate and sad he has to go through what he is going through right now. Please have him in your hopes and prayers. He really isn't that bad of a guy. May god bless the IEF in July and always.

-Boran

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so why is this thread dieing??? Time to bring up another disscuccion in this thread. IEF and HD. Do you think our relations will ever come back?? POLL TIME!!!!!!!

Anwsers.

Say 1 in a post to say I hope they do.

2 to say I hope they don't.

2 NO

4 YES

My anwser 1!

I gave you numerous ways how someone can use multiple AIM accounts at once and even gave you a demonstration. The fact that Tiak wouldn't post on the IEF forums which would enable me to compare IP addresses was also quite amusing. My favorite though is this:

yaebginn (10:16:33 PM): He ddint want me to tell u this

yaebginn (10:16:44 PM): cause he thought it would keep him from being in the clan

yaebginn (10:16:48 PM): Tiak is my brother

It's also funny how Lingo said the exact same thing. Today, however, I get this from you today.

yaebginn: I never said that!

I don't want to make an issue out of this yaebginn, so cut it now while you're ahead. The point is that I will not reallow Tiak into the IEF when he is in fact a member of another clan, a clan who has on numerous occassions harmed the IEF.

-Boran

one thing, why else wouldyou post it on the forums. second, you saw, we typed at the same time and I have no idea how to log in as tow people.

Yaebginn, please stop while you're ahead. I demonstrated that even when using two accounts at once how you can talk at the same time.

-Boran

This will be my last post on that topic.[/b]

Just couldn't resist I guess. Yaeb, you're not helping much either.

This little bulletin board pissing fight isn't solving anything. Nobody has anything conclusive. Everything has been rehashed over and over again to no end. The whole thing is just WAY outta proportion.

Time to let it go boys. Just let it go. Everyone else on these boards stopped caring a LONG time ago, so I suggest you either drop it or just take it off these boards and stop wrecking each others recruitment threads. Jeeze.

Boran --

Sorry about all this. Crap. *pissed glare at Yaeb*

It's no secret that we don't like each other, but I thought that this issue was dead a long time ago as well.

I think that if Yaeb and anyone else who mentioned the issue would delete their posts here, the thread can be salvaged.

Sorry again.

-- Lingo

There are many sweeping changes for the IEF.

1. The website has been updated. Revlt Coranier has supplied a new banner which looks great.

2. A point system has been created. More information on the website. Just go to member ladder and click on the link. Your current amount of points are displayed next to your name.

3. In order to prepare ourselves there will be 2 practices every week. No member is allowed to miss three straight practices without a PM to me a week in advance to the practice. Practices this week will be Tuesday August 9 at 2:30pm EST and then Friday at 2:00pm EST.

4. I have decided to give responsable members some positions in order to take some of the load off my shoulders. Everyone this applies to will be recieving a PM.

Head of Foreign Relations: Yoda King

Head of Member Relations: Revlt Coranier

5. THe IEF will be implementing the teamspeak program. THis will allow members to directly talk with each other during games which will improve out performance as a team. (Typing and playing is very hard to do and inefficient). All members are expected to, by August 16, to have downloaded the teamspeak program and have a usable computer microphone. THis is 8 days as of today. Failure to comply with this will result in your removal from the clan. If we are to be competative this is a must.

http://www.teamspeak.org

6. I am cleaning out the forums today, many posts will be deleated.

7. ANy questions, concerns or whatever catch me on AIM or give me a PM.

-Boran

Good call on the Teamspeak Boran. We use Ventrilo but are also looking in to TS for matches due to it's master channel function. I would suggest renting a server for your voice comm to avoid lag issues. Or you can maybe get a free server here :

http://www.mohhq.com/

Have you guys looked in to server hosting for the game yet? No self respecting clan is without a "home" server... ;)

Good call on the Teamspeak Boran. We use Ventrilo but are also looking in to TS for matches due to it's master channel function. I would suggest renting a server for your voice comm to avoid lag issues. Or you can maybe get a free server here :

http://www.mohhq.com/

Free is always good for us. Thank you for the link.

Have you guys looked in to server hosting for the game yet? No self respecting clan is without a "home" server...

THat info isn't available yet. Hopefully we can amass enough money to rent our own server, we'll see.

-Boran

• 2 weeks later...

Archived