Home

*Ahem* GB.COM EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2003-2004

Clefo

Well kiddos, it's that time of year again.

"No it's not, you usually do this in late July, it's Memorial Day!"

Yes, this is true. I usually start the awards show gimmick during that time (Because of the anniversery and such), but certain circumstances have led me to decide to do this now, them being:

1. The forum has been going kinda slow lately and I hope this can be my "Tax Cut" to rejuvinite the "economy" of this board.

and

2. Do you think anyone will be still be here by late July?

Anyway, you all should know how this works, if not here's a refresher:

1. You think of extremely random categories that have nothing to do with anything, pretty much all categories get into the show.

2. You nominate people/things for these categories

3. You vote on a winner from the top few nominees.

4. I write a hilarious awards-show story and we all laugh and have a good time and gripe about the fact that Rhett wins all the awards.

So if we start nominating now, I think we should have a good show by the end of June, what say you?

Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

he proble get 1 or 2 mails... :p

FYI: I got THREE last year, booya.

Yeah, I think Nominating through E-Mail or IMing me would be the best, it adds an element of suprise, problem is people, for one reason or another, won't take the time to send an E-Mail, while they will take the time to post it on the forum. Jesus.

Anywho, keep coming with those categories (I'm pretty indescriminate with them)

Well, your 'GeeBee Economic Stimulus Package' or GESP has already brought one oldbie back. Let's see if it can work another miracle. :D

The Hibernation Award

The Penguin Award

The Red Herring Award

The Best Left-Hand Man Award (Not for southpaws, just our faithful left-hand men who serve our every whim)

Anther Random Award To Satisfy A Random Forrumer Who's Never Won An Award (ARATSARFWNWAA)

Most Missed Oldbie

The Nonsensical Award to Make a Pronounceable Acronym (NAMPA)

Favorite Smilie Award

The Award that is given to the person who takes the longest time and most words to relate a usually very mundane idea in the longest, most drawn out way that is humanly, or non-humanly depending on who you are, possible

Short Talker Award

Edit: I also think we should have the "Big" awards...those being the regular Funniest Forumer, Best Sig/Av combo, Best Forummer, etc.

Edit2: Those, of course would be at the end of the show

Edit3: There is NOOO.....edit3

• 1 month later...

Youngest Forummer

Forummer with the longest time of absence

Rudest Forummer

Best Avatar/Sig Award

Oldest Forummer

Highest Post Count

Forummer who brought life back (Resurection Award)

Can't think of anymore right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived