Home

Sequel to Grim Fandango!

PhoandBeer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

calaverablancaposter.jpg

I'm against a GF 2, although the first one is one of my favourite games, I believe that sequels may ruin games (and/or movies), because usually they are worse than the first or too similar to it.

But if a second game is released I would like it to be about a new character who has died recently, and is sent to the land of the dead, but in there he is "guided" by a corrupt salesman, who is taking advantage of him & so he starts his journey...

It would be nice if the game starts where GF1 ended, so the LSA would be able of helping you out, you would see LSA posters on the streets, and you will hear legends about Salvador & Manny, and maybe eventually get to meet people who knew him, like Eva or Glottis. It would also be nice if, while you are in Rubacava looking for a job, someone (like Maximino) offers you a job on an old Café, that has been out of use for 3 years.

Originally posted by Gray Hound

cool! and here it goes:

Als je nou niet gelijk je mond houd dan zal ik iets zeer onplezierigs doen.

translated in English: If you don't shut up right now i will do something very unpleasant.

:D

:eek: Your language is even stranger than I thought. I want to study it! *includes studying your language on the "things to do" list*

They must be excellent games then. Tomorrow I will be selling my old clothes in a jumble sail and I will hopefully get enough money to get Broken Sword 1 for myself, and Grim Fandango for my Brazilian friend. She's going to get the best Christmas present ever! :D

Ah, a little more and I'll stop being a Reaper.

Bit late on but I may as well ad a reply. I wouldnt like to see a sequel, I loved rim fandango dont getme wrong, but for the following reasons I am in the anti sequel group:

1) I felt that a lot was established withing the game such as the characters ways and mannerisms, if a 2nd game came out and altered any of these or changed our views on the characters it may take away from the first.

2) There would have to be a remake of some parts of the old game, perhaps hector lives, then we lose the feeling that we have finished it all, like when we hear him die, thats the underworld saved, but if he came in a second then thats that feeling gone.

3) A minior point but if the voice actors changed then it would make a difference to hardcore fans auch as myself.

But if they could make a 2nd that thkes place in the first such as, longer segments like in the petrified forest, or the underwater part, just more so adding puzzles and revealing more Information. I never really thought about it much so thats just a rough Idea:)

Bit late on but I may as well ad a reply. I wouldnt like to see a sequel, I loved rim fandango dont getme wrong, but for the following reasons I am in the anti sequel group:

1) I felt that a lot was established withing the game such as the characters ways and mannerisms, if a 2nd game came out and altered any of these or changed our views on the characters it may take away from the first.

2) There would have to be a remake of some parts of the old game, perhaps hector lives, then we lose the feeling that we have finished it all, like when we hear him die, thats the underworld saved, but if he came in a second then thats that feeling gone.

3) A minior point but if the voice actors changed then it would make a difference to hardcore fans auch as myself.

But if they could make a 2nd that thkes place in the first such as, longer segments like in the petrified forest, or the underwater part, just more so adding puzzles and revealing more Information. I never really thought about it much so thats just a rough Idea:)

• 1 month later...

As I wrote in the "End of the line"-topic, I once made a script for a prequel.

The main character was new, just as all the other important characters. But guest-stars is of course there. Such as a travel agent named Salvador Limones. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

you know, this question has come up many times over the years, and i have to say that im all for another chapter in the grim story. but, judging by the current market for adventure games it looks unlikely. adventure games just dont sell any more, and at the end of the day thats what it comes down to.

personally i think a prequel would be the way to go if another was to be made. like people have sed, theres an intersting story to be told as regards mannys life before...umm death...

:manny:

• 8 months later...

people keep saying there won't be a gf2 but they have no hope I mean I don't think dominio is dead cause after being through coral crushes he is still in one peace he could get his revenge and get to the ninth underworld or something and tim can make it can't he buy the rights

I think it's safe to assume that Domino is in several pieces and won't be coming back. Manny even made a comment about it later in the game.

Manny: When it comes to shreds, Dom is the expert.

Yes, you see pieces of him falling apart and such. That doesn't keep me from bringing him back in my fanfic, but shhh. It's a fanfic. He's pretty much gone.

It's not that people don't appreciate Manny. I believe he's the most loved character in the game, and he deserves that. It's that people don't like the idea of continuing something that was perfect. You know, even if chocolate is good, you'll end up sick if you keep eating too much of it.

Manny's story is finished, there is nothing else for him. The only way I could see GF2 working is introducing a brand new character with a new past, personality and goals.

What are your ideas on the next possible Grim Fandango?

First off I'd probably say that the best way to go is to make a presequel to the oringinal. Wouldn't it be great to see how Manny got into this afterlife and the amazing story behind it?

Second idea is probably what happens right after they get on the number nine and into heaven or whatever is there. Chaos? Hell? Heaven? Rebirth! Manny could be born again. Sounds great.

Third idea I have could be a side story on any of the characters in the game.

I'm in agreement with idea one and two. GF is a fabulous game, and I think they wrapped it up nicely; and I'd hate to see it diluted with sequel after sequel and run into the ground. A pre-GF would be great.

What are your ideas on the next possible Grim Fandango?

First off I'd probably say that the best way to go is to make a presequel to the oringinal. Wouldn't it be great to see how Manny got into this afterlife and the amazing story behind it?

Second idea is probably what happens right after they get on the number nine and into heaven or whatever is there. Chaos? Hell? Heaven? Rebirth! Manny could be born again. Sounds great.

Third idea I have could be a side story on any of the characters in the game.

I'm in agreement with idea one and two. GF is a fabulous game, and I think they wrapped it up nicely; and I'd hate to see it diluted with sequel after sequel and run into the ground. A pre-GF would be great.

I think it's safe to assume that Domino is in several pieces and won't be coming back. Manny even made a comment about it later in the game.

Manny: When it comes to shreds, Dom is the expert.

I love that when manny says that but he dosen't know what botany means does he cause if he did he would have just stood there saying something completely off the point

If manny isn't in no2 I don't want a sequel

Archived