Home

The Great Migration

If everyone else decide to do so, will you move to EB Network's Geebee forum?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If everyone else decide to do so, will you move to EB Network's Geebee forum?

• Yes!
    • No way!

Well people, this board is dead or dying (however you wanna look at it), so a few people and myself began to take steps to save what's left of this great community!

It all started a few days ago when Clefo suggested we create a new forum that would not contain popups (especially not the nasty UGO ones riddled with spyware). I approved and we began building something on EZBoard with the help of Rhett and Fergie. However... we know that a community cannot last unless it is constantly fueled by newbies. It's the sad truth; this place is dead because only the old timers remain. We need some fresh meat to cook-- err, I mean, fresh blood to rejuvenate the community! ^_^;

So an isolated EZBoard is not a viable solution. This is where Eets came in and said we were all stupid and stuff. He went over to Echobase Network and asked one of the administrators there, Wacky (who also visits LucasForums) for some sort of shelter. Wacky, being the nice man that he is, offered us this sweet deal:

- We get our own clean Geebee II forum, hosted by the Echobase Network Forums.

- We must agree on one and only one administrator for our forum.

- We get to personalize our forum however we like, with a different graphic design than the rest of Echobase if we wish!

I think it's a pretty sweet deal, and it's awfully nice of them to offer it. However, before accepting, I recommended that we first poll the people concerned: you! That's why I set up this poll. If we accept the deal, will you leave this place and start posting on the new forum on EB? If we get enough "Yes"s, we'll do it! We just gotta make sure that everybody will follow along!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

This is where Eets came in and said we were all stupid and stuff.

I second this opinion! That Eets guy sure is smart.

Also, if we do decide to have our own sexy sweet design, *everyone* gets a chance to put their two cents in on it.

Originally posted by Clefo

I think that fella Clefo deserves some credit for coming up with the first idea, which pretty much led to the second idea ;)

Agreed, but you're all still stupid and stuff. :D

EDIT: Did I mention that the avatar limit there is 100x100? ;)

Wow, I don't think I've posted here in over a year...

Nice to see lots of familiar faces still chewing on the woodwork (or crawling out of it, in Eets' case) :D

(Oh, and it's "EchoNetwork" - EchoBase being the community forums for it ^_~)

*votes "Yes" just to be mischievous, and runs off*

Well people, this board is dead or dying (however you wanna look at it), so a few people and myself began to take steps to save what's left of this great community!

You crazy coot. The Promised Land doesn't actually exist. It's just a myth.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut......if it does, I would say yea to it. This place is dead. However, if everyone isn't here, how are they going to see this?

Originally posted by Billy Shears

However, if everyone isn't here, how are they going to see this?

Oh they'll know, they'll know. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA *ahem*

Seriously? I think it'll be passed through via word of mouth (IMing and such)

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I will go with you guys...I get so bored and lonely waiting for a post here...

sooo lonely....

Did I mention every Echonet member gets a complimentary Russian Bride? :eek:

However... we know that a community cannot last unless it is constantly fueled by newbies. It's the sad truth; this place is dead because only the old timers remain. We need some fresh meat to cook-- err, I mean, fresh blood to rejuvenate the community! ^_^;

So an isolated EZBoard is not a viable solution.

-LF is a huge network, the GB forums are a part of that network. The link to these forums is still on the main page, and despite that, none of these new members are bothering to post here.

The problem with these boards is that GB sucks. GB will STILL suck if the board is 'moved'. We'd just have less people NOT posting at Echonetwork.

But why not? Totally free... and at worst we'd just find ourselves in the same situation. Except without spyware. :)

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

The problem with these boards is that GB sucks. GB will STILL suck if the board is 'moved'. We'd just have less people NOT posting at Echonetwork.

That's not the same thing. We just want a forum that old GBers can call home, so we can keep the community together. The topic won't even be about GB, it'll just be another off topic forum like this one. Only this time, it'll be on a network that is still very much alive and well-maintained.

That's not the same thing. We just want a forum that old GBers can call home, so we can keep the community together. The topic won't even be about GB, it'll just be another off topic forum like this one. Only this time, it'll be on a network that is still very much alive and well-maintained.

ic. It was a pretty fun community - I don't blame you for wanting to bring it back somehow. Of course they've already GOT an off-topic forum... but I suppose the idea has already been discussed and analyzed. Given a few pokes and prods and found to be sturdy.

I guess my answer to the original question is yes. :eek:

Originally posted by Clefo

Yeah Rommster (The hell you've been anyway?) , we deduced that GB sucked a loooooong time before this became dead and the spyware came :D

I think we should all reinstall and have a few games to celebrate the grand opening of our new forum. ;)

Dang it, Sherack, you're making me post here again! ;)

I'd say yes, though the main reason i never come here anymore is that my quick-link here is broken, i think a fresh forum might rejuvenate things.

Oh, but why call is GB II, why not think of somethign more creative and (like others have said) not related to a terrible game?

Oh, btw, good to see y'all again. And galaxies owns my life.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Dang it, Sherack, you're making me post here again! ;)

I'd say yes, though the main reason i never come here anymore is that my quick-link here is broken, i think a fresh forum might rejuvenate things.

Oh, but why call is GB II, why not think of somethign more creative and (like others have said) not related to a terrible game?

Welcome back Tie Guy! I don't mind a new name, I suggested Geebee II not because it refers to the game, but because it refers to our good old Legends of the Spam :D

If anybody has a suggestion for a new name, post it!

Archived