Home

The End of the World (RPG)

BattleDog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Time for me to make an entrance]

June 23, 2004, Cairo

*A dark sewer. A deep howling can be heard, and the local crime gangs are avoiding the sewer tonight.*

Gang member: Shaitan!

*Two voices can be heard. One snarls in satisfaction, the other roars in agony. One is human, the other demonic.

A large devil is pinned to the wall by silver stakes. A cowled human is pressing a crucifix into his face*

Man: What's the matter. I thought your kind enjoyed torture.

Devil: RELEASE ME MORTAL! I WILL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL.

Man: You won't be devouring anything for a while. Not after I pull your fangs out. Now tell me, where are you all pouring in from?!

Devil: NO! I won't betray...

Man: Demons always renege on deals. It's your nature. But you forget the law of karma. What goes around...

*He pulls a bottle of holy water from his belt. The demon's eyes widen in sheer horror as he smashes it over his face. It roars and dies*

Man: Ustione nel inferno, uova dell'inferno

*He turns an exits*

---------------------------------

Bio: Revenant

Species: Man...once. Infernal traits owing to spending time there.

Allegiance: Himself, but mostly good.

Nationatlity: Long forgotten.

Weapons: Two curved Katar, holy water bottles, silver bullet loaded guns. Carries several other objects painful to outsiders.

((OOS: Deac, D&D much? :D))

*Calnathe stumbles out of the bar and wanders aimlessly into an alley outside, drunk. He doesn't even notice the human in the alleyway until it, well, he, was right beside him, pressing a pistol to his neck*

Man: So, another drunk piece of ****.

*Calnathe looks up at his attacker with blurry eyes. The man hits him in the neck with the gun, dropping Calnathe to his knees*

Man: Hand over your wallet, and maybe I won't leave your dead body here for the rats.

*Calnathe gives a wince as he concentrates and expunges the alcohol from his bloodstream. He looks up at the man*

Calnathe: You just ruined three hours-worth of getting piss-drunk.

*Calnathe grabs the man, one arm grabbing his neck, and the other his shooting arm. He squeezes hard, and the man screams and drops the gun as his bones crack*

Calnathe: Sorry, but I can't afford to be discorporated right now. Don't want to have to answer any intrusive questions before I can get a replacement body.

Man: W-what the hell are you?

*Calnathe's eyes flash red. The back of his form expands into great black wings*

Calnathe: "Hell" would be the right word for it.

*The man screams. Calnathe tosses him aside disgustedly. The man hits his head on a nearby dumpster and falls unconscious*

[OOS: Just starting to. You been reading Good Omens by any chance?]

Revenant: B****** knew nothing. Probably a low class footsoilder or dumb highborn. Doesn't matter. Won't be bothering anyone now.

*He exits the sewers to find a gang surrounding his motorbike*

Revenant: Leave my bike alone.

*The gang members turn and draw flick-knives*

Revenant: You do not want to do this...

*He draws his two katar and spins, knocking the gang members back, deep gashes showing on their chests. As they writhe on the ground, he mounts his bike and rides off*

Revenant: Constantinople. I'd better get to Constantiople

((How ironic, i entered in my first D&D game just last sat))

*Behind Calnathe the sound of an unsheathing silver Longsword, and the whiping sound of a trenchcoat being blown in the wind.*

William *Speaking with a slight slur from his teeth* "Ahhh,... Yesss, Another Deemon who climbs up to dis vorld from the hell that sspawned you... I grow tired of your kind trespassing onto my feedinggroundss..."

*William was pointing the long sword at Calnathe, purposely having a streetlamp behind him, his eye glowing in the dark.*

((Deac: Yup. Is it obvious? ^_~ Of course, this isn't a comedy ;)

Actually by "D&D" I was referring to your image of demons/devils as evil outsiders that are for some reason harmed by silver ;)

Scar: I got introduced to D&D between 6 months and a year ago now I believe. I've been recently "elected" (i.e. forcibly chosen since I'm the only one who's read the sourcebooks, or cares to invent a plot and a world XD) to DM a new campaign with a few friends.

Two of the four other players want to play D&D versions of Crowley and Aziraphale. XD So I'm reworking the angel and devil subtypes and creating new angel/devil species that match the Good Omens descriptions. ^_^ (True, I could've done something like take the Astral Deva and the Erinyes Devil straight from the Monster Manual, but they're too different from Good Omens-style angels/demons.) I believe this might possibly qualify me as legally insane.))

Rome

Calnathe: *turning and squinting* What is this? A vampire? How...aggravating.

*Tony and Edward enter the Papal sitting room. The Pope sits in wheelchair, both men kneel and Edward kisses the Pope's ring.*

Edward: Holiness, we have come at your request. I have dealt with the Grand Master of the Hospitlers. The order can been dispanded.

Papa: The order... will not... be... dispanded.

[i always wanted to learn, but none of my friends knew how to or were interested. Then one day I thought, "Hang on, I pratically know all this from the various D&D RPG's I've played. So now I DM for a few friends. We've just started.]

• 2 weeks later...

Christopher arrived in rome by plane. "Dang, I'm late. That encounter with that vampire made me miss the plane, so I've been delayed 6 hours. I have to run to the pope's sitting room. I rented a car, and rushed there. I entered the room, and waited. I was late, and would have to wait for Edward and Tony to come out.

*The Cardinal looks at Tony with distaste.*

Cardinal: You will perform 10 penances.

*Edward turns to Christopher.*

Edward: You are not part of this meeting, get out.

((Nothing personnal.))

*Everybody returns their attention to the Pope.*

Pope: The situation.... has changed. *Gestures to the Cardinal.*

Cardinal: We have been observing this woman for several months, after conducting a background check we believe she is essential to our efforts is stemming the Tide.

*He hands both knights a folder, inside it are survalence photos of a very pretty Arien women roughly eighteen years old. Among the documents this information is highly relevent.*

Name: Lucy Bowman

Hair: Blond

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5' 7"

Edward: She's a very pretty girl, may I ask why she is so important.

Cardinal: She is Nephilem.

Constantinople

*The Revenant pulls up to an old cathederal, and enters. All is quiet as a priest says mass. He goes behind a statue of the Virgin Mary, pulls the head of a snake at her feet and descends a secret stairway*

Archived