Home

Achilles' Lightsaber walkthrough

Achilles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm new to modding and I finally made my own lightsaber. It's working and everything, but it doesn't look correct. The blade is there, but there is also black stuff around the blade, and the icon for the saber is a white square...

also, I can't seem to upgrade it on a workbench: I select "lightsabers", then i could see my own "Wacky lightsaber", but it can't be selected...

can someone help please? thanks

Did you add a .txi file with the necessary info. Your blade is blocky because your .txi file either has an error or is missing. Additionally, your icon is white because the texture is either labelled incorrectly or is missing. Finally, the steps necessary for making your lightsaber upgradable are not included in that walkthrough (outside the scope of the document). Try Mavericks187's tutorial for that.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I was using your walkthrough and it was smooth sailing until the hex part. i have a hex editor and used it and it cam out like this: Traditionally associated wiht the Jedi....blah blah blah all that description (I didnt change it) crap and then it sed: g_w_lghtsbr27 (which is wat i named my custom lightsaber) 1.0.1900.40262" Sunday August 21 blah blah wen i made it. PLZ help me i really want to make a custom saber

What are the file names for the saber crystals in TSL? Im looking for g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti but I dont see any in templates.bif <I should be looking under the "Blueprint: item" tab riiiiight?> whaaaaaa? Ive found the saber .uti's but not the ones for the crystals :(

I got to the part where you use a hex editor, and when I used it, nothing came up except gibberish, and few lines of normal stuff. I thought that maybe it was the HEX editor so I got another one, but the same thngs came up, and I searched and theres was no "01". Maybe its the file that I used, but I followed everything that you did.

Files that you will need to extract using KT:

*Note: xxx represents the model #

Templates – Assign properties to the item(s). Use the file reference to determine what files you need. For instance g_w_sbrcrstl14 is the code for Blue Lightsaber Crystal. Knowing this information will help ensure that you extract the correct files.

• g_w_sbrcrstlxx.uti <BIFs/templates.bif/g_w_sbrcrstxx.uti>

• g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti <BIFs/templates.bif/g_w_lghtsbrxx.uti>

Models – Used to render the image of your item in-game

• w_lghtsbr_xxx.mdl <Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdl>

• w_lghtsbr_xxx.mdx <Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdx>

Images (or “skins”) – used to skin the model in-game (ie they’re what make the blue lightsaber file appear as a blue lightsaber in your game)

**Note: Rather than use the Extract button to save these files, you will double click them to open the Image Viewer window. Use the Write File button to extract the file to your save folder.

***Note: In KT open Tools<Options and set the program to automatically convert .tpc files to .tga format. Make sure that Tpc2tga.exe is in the same directory as KT for this to work.

****Note: If there are any “special instructions” in the Image Viewer window, you will need to copy them into a .txt file in your save folder. You will modify the format of this file later.

iw_sbrcrstl_xxx.tga <ERFs/texturepacks/swpc_tex_gui.erf/iw_sbrcrstl_xxx.tpc>

iw_lghtsbr_xxx.tga <ERFs/texturepacks/swpc_tex_gui.erf/iw_lghtsbr_xxx.tpc>-w_lsabre<color>01.tga <ERFs/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/w_lsabreturq01.tpc>

Other Files

*Required* w_lsabre<color>01.txt – You should create this file in your save folder and copy the special instructions from w_lsabre<color>01.tpc into the body of the file. You will change this file later.

*Optional* upcrsystals.2da <bifs/2da.bif/upcrystals> - This property table is used to make lightsabers upgradeable in-game. Although optional it is highly recommended that select this option. More details will be available later in this tutorial.

It's all right there, spelled out, step by step, with the paths and everything. I'm not sure what more I can do to help you. Set up your screen with KotOR Tool on one side and the walkthrough on the other. See if that makes things any easier.

Alright, I'll do that.

EDIT: This is where i get lost:

• w_lghtsbr_xxx.mdl <Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdl>

• w_lghtsbr_xxx.mdx <Bifs/items.bif/w_lght_xxx.mdx>

The files i have are .uti files, not .mdl/mdx files like yours. Everything else is fine, as far as I can see.

the mdl's and mdx's are not in the item.bif...

the mdl's are here: BIFs > models.bif > Aurora Model

and

the mdx's are here: BIFs > models.bif > mdx

Is this for KotOR or TSL? This tutorial was written before TSL was even announced and I haven't updated it for TSL. For KotOR, you want the path given above.

kt3yv.th.jpg

If it's for TSL, then use the path provided by TheOssusKeeper.

kt25ji.th.jpg

Considering that items.bif in the KotOR tree contains no .uti files and that there is no items.bif for TSL, I'm very confused as to how it was you were able to come across the problem described above.

Archived