Home

New Battlefront interview (includes Dark Trooper confirmation)

The_One

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

Though, as usual, there is hardly anything new. I get the feeling that we already know everything about the game...

Yes we do. There are only a few questions left.

-What are the two remaining mysterie planets?

-How many characters will the other factions have?

-What will their waepons look like.

The rest we know, we really need a demo.

I know how: I promisse i won't post here until we got a demo (that would really piss the off)

Al right, I give up...

Actually, if you guys bothered to read it, youd find some new info or confirmations on theories. One thing that confuses me is that they still say they have 2 special units , yet on the site its now 1. Does this mean we lost either the dark trooper or the office? Or the Jet pack trooper or ARC? having waved a carrot like this infront of our noses just to pull it back and say you can't have it is disapopinting. I just hope they take out the right units (Officer and Jetpack trooper) and leave the better ones who people have waited to play for ages.

On the topic of new news: One thing I found intresting is that the music highly dynamic and changes dramaticly from action to exploration to full one carnage ending in some powerful music for when your driving a mecacing AT-AT. I'm intrested how this game may turn up.

Originally posted by yaebginn

One secret planet is kashyyyk. the other is probly mustafar. (the lava planet) but I have no clue to the latter.

You seem rather certian, when in fact YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL EPISODE THREE HAVE! And if you think you do, you are wrong.

SITH_ShadowCat, I already knew all that (besides the music, but I don't care much about it)

Actually, we know that Kashyyyk is going to be in Episode 3, and the chances of the lava planet being in the film are very high. We also know that Battlefront will incorporate content from Episode 3. Whilst it may not be a guarantee, chances are we'll see Kashyyyk in Battlefront, and maybe this other planet...

You seem rather certian, when in fact YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL EPISODE THREE HAVE! And if you think you do, you are wrong.

but considering the fact that the game will be released 3/4 year BEFORE ep3, it probably wont contain much stuff from it...

First of all, Ep3 is coming out in a year, isn't it? Second, someone has hinted (IGN, Gamespot, whoever) that levels will be inclueded from Ep3, and farther hinted that it will inclued the homeplanet of our favorite growlers(or something to that extent).

And, tFighterPilot, you couldn't have possibly known everything from that interview, like how Galactic Conquest was going to be played out and that its a multiplayer mode (I had the impression that it was sp). I've also read every preview and alot of this stuff is new to me (in writen-on-paper way in any case).

SITH_ShadowCat, I already knew all that (besides the music, but I don't care much about it)

I know alot about ep3. I also know exactly what'll happen within the first twenty minutes or so. I know alot about it. I know how Kit Fisto and Shakk Ti dies. I know so much about it, when i found out, I started shaking.

About the special units, perhaps each side will indeed get two, but only one will be available on any given level? That would allow the designers to make specific advantages on each map for certain characters and help balance the game out. Just a thought.

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

First of all, Ep3 is coming out in a year, isn't it? Second, someone has hinted (IGN, Gamespot, whoever) that levels will be inclueded from Ep3, and farther hinted that it will inclued the homeplanet of our favorite growlers(or something to that extent).

And, tFighterPilot, you couldn't have possibly known everything from that interview, like how Galactic Conquest was going to be played out and that its a multiplayer mode (I had the impression that it was sp). I've also read every preview and alot of this stuff is new to me (in writen-on-paper way in any case).

I knew exactly what Galactic Conquest is after about 10 times it was mentioned.

yaebginn, is you information official? Can you give me a link?

>>I think this is actually one of the highlights that we're doing with the game - depending on where you are, you'll discover that all planets will have a third side. Endor, for example, has the Ewoks. They are an AI side but they will only help the Rebels, so they will attack Imperial troopers and throw spears.

On Tatooine there are Tuscan Raiders and those guys will actually fight both sides and take their own command posts. There are also Jawas, Gamorreans - basically, we've really listened to the fans. Whatever you want to do in a Star Wars game, you'll be able to do it here.<<

Jawas and Gamoreans? Ohh my god!!! Maybe Jabba is in there, too!

And all the planets will get a third side? Whats the third side on Hoth? This Snowbeasts??? I can´t wait..... :jawa

All planets a third side? If you call a few wild animals a third site you could be right.

Bespin is indeed one of the mysterie planets, kashyyyk to if you ask me. I never heard of a lava-planet. What is it?

I hope theu won't take units out of the other faction. They started with 5 in the droidarmy, and now the rebels have only five to. Why haven't we had any official information about this?

And if the imps will have a character less, they probably takle the officer, because there are no spies, and because pilots are medics (that was a task of the officer).

I was relly looking forward to the jetpacktrooper. I like the arctrooper as well. Don't do this to me :(

theres new stuff for me in it, like you can blow up spawn points (This is kewl!) and more creatures confirmed, gamoreans and stuff! Awesomeness...they also said they listened to us :)

And its nice to see all those numbers again...10 maps...24 classes..30 vehicles...*drools* And extra attention to flying...in most games it just sucks..if it were like rogue squadron...

And about the SP, many tried to convince me here it would be a bot mp match but its really missions ;) its a good article

Archived