Home

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

ET Warrior

Well, here it is, my review of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Now, if any of you are like me, you are absolutely and completely in love with the Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling has created an amazing story with wonderful characters and fantastical magic ideas.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (PoA) has a new director this time around. And quite frankly, I now hate this man. He has absolutely ruined what the first two movies created. He stole the entire FEELING of Harry Potter, and turned it into some sort of rubbish.

First and foremost, the clothes. Harry Hermoine and Ron are almost NEVER seen wearing wizard robes, but instead are wearing jeans and sweatshirts. The hell?

Then, it seems as though Hogwarts is no longer the same castle it was in the first two movies, nearly every familiar location has been changed.

Further, this director has taken the role of Draco Malfoy, and changed him from Harry's nemesis and rival into a sniveling cowardly piece of comic relief. He has none of the sting or anger from the first two films.

The music in this movie is just plain out of place and contributes nothing.

I give this movie a 1.5 /10, I left the theater full of rage.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give it a 5/10... it wasn't as good as the previous ones of course, but I guess it was good enough, but I doubt it will make as much money as the previous ones.

Too bad Richard Harris died... he was a good Dumbledore. And his hat! Why did they have to take his old hat away!?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

First and foremost, the clothes. Harry Hermoine and Ron are almost NEVER seen wearing wizard robes, but instead are wearing jeans and sweatshirts. The hell?

I was worried about this when I saw the trailer..damn, and I'm going to see it tonight. :/

Well, i'm glad we decided not to go see it last night then.

Instead, I had a fun time watching Totoro, a popular kids movie in japan. We rented it at blockbuster, you should watch it, cute movie. :)

i thought it was good. a definite improvement over the previous two films which i feel were too much like the books that made them boring (they were like plays with special effects)

i still felt a little disappointed when i left the theater but i thought it was a real good movie

Originally posted by The Cheat

i thought it was good. a definite improvement over the previous two films which i feel were too much like the books that made them boring (they were like plays with special effects)

Oh yeah, I guess it seems dumb for a movie based on a book to be, you know.....like the book.....:bored:

The first two films kicked ass. This one was rubbish. complete and total rubbish.

Originally posted by Pie™

I'm watching it only for the Hippogriffs *drool*

Buckbeak was done VERY well in this movie...but he was the only hippogriff they put in :(

im glad we finally got some real creativity with this one

Bah! I don't want a creative movie, I want a movie that puts the books that I love and are awesome into a visual format for me to watch and enjoy.

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Go back and enjoy the movie ET.

I CANT enjoy the movie, I tried to enjoy it when I was watching it the first time. It sucks, and I hates it.

Well, some people don't want the books.

Well those people aren't REAL Harry Potter fans, and this movie shouldn't have been made for them.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Well those people aren't REAL Harry Potter fans, and this movie shouldn't have been made for them.

Get off your high horse, you Harry Potter fanboy. :p You can't decide who are real Harry Potter fans and who aren't.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Get off your high horse, you Harry Potter fanboy. :p You can't decide who are real Harry Potter fans and who aren't.

Firstly, I like this horse, it's very nice and is my friend.

Secondly, I can decide whatever I want, I'm king dammit :p

Okay okay, so I may have went a bit far calling them not Harry Potter fans, but I'm still pissed at the movie.

Originally posted by Egg Destroyer

This is why directors should never be changed. It ruins the flow of the movies entirely.

Right on there. This movie has none of the magical FEEL of the first two. Even when they're DOING magic it just kinda feels....eh.

The original director did an AWESOME job bringing the books to life in a movie. This director has killed it......if I could I would punch him in the eyeball.

i actually felt that this one was more magical then the first two

the scenes where harry is riding on the hippogriff and just the dircting style in general is so much better in this one in my opinion making it accessible to so many people, even those who dont read the books

also i didnt really mind them wearing normal clothes. they were wearing their robes for the ceremonies and classes. its right for them to show some character instead of all looking the same

bravo Alfonso Cuarón

Archived