Home

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

ET Warrior

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The Cheat

i actually felt that this one was more magical then the first two

the scenes where harry is riding on the hippogriff and just the dircting style in general is so much better in this one in my opinion making it accessible to so many people, even those who dont read the books

also i didnt really mind them wearing normal clothes. they were wearing their robes for the ceremonies and classes. its right for them to show some character instead of all looking the same

bravo Alfonso Cuarón

Damn straight! :cool:

I just saw it. I liked it the best out of the three so far. Number 1...let's just say it and I weren't good friends..........

The director turned Albus Dumbldore (spelling) into a weird hippie lookin' guy. And did you see how they oddly tied up his beard? Also, they changed the time when Harry gets the Fire Bolt, but it fit in better. Buckbeak the Hippogriff, now that was really nice!!

I actually imagined Sirius to look like Snape does in the movies. I thought Snape looked like some guy with balding hair and his nose held up high and wearing glasses. Lupin didn't look like what I thought he did. The Werewolf was really cool though!!

The special effects were certainly the best so far. The Dementors...they express my true self, they were sweet!! Especially how they fly, I sorta thought that was cool.

As for the normal clothes, I sorta thought it as a relief. I mean, even though it is Wizard stuff, they certainly look better in normal clothes.

Overall, I liked this movie. I can't wait until the movies for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix come out!!

:fett:

WOW!! HARRY POTTER IS R0XXOR 1337!! W00T!!

...lessee, see Harry Potter or chew on glass...or I could do the usual and have my hand nailed to a slab of concrete with a rusty nail and 40 pound sledge. I think I'll take the concrete.

Originally posted by The Cheat

the scenes where harry is riding on the hippogriff and just the dircting style in general is so much better in this one in my opinion making it accessible to so many people, even those who dont read the books

also i didnt really mind them wearing normal clothes. they were wearing their robes for the ceremonies and classes. its right for them to show some character instead of all looking the same

bravo Alfonso Cuarón

I seriously wanted to puke when Harry rode the Hippogriff. After he threw out his arms I was just waiting for the "I'm the king of the world". :rolleyes: And why should this movie be more accessible to people who haven't read the books? Why should those of us who HAVE read them, and love them, and cherish them be the ones who get disappointed, and the people who are just vaguely interested in Harry potter get something they'll enjoy more?

Wearing Wizard robes was what set them apart and REALLY made you feel like woah, these people are WIZARDS and WITCHES. Wearing normal clothes made it feel like they were at some preppy private school, not a school teaching them to be wizards.

Burn in Hell Alfonso Cuaron.

Originally posted by Kain

WOW!! HARRY POTTER IS R0XXOR 1337!! W00T!!

...lessee, see Harry Potter or chew on glass...or I could do the usual and have my hand nailed to a slab of concrete with a rusty nail and 40 pound sledge. I think I'll take the concrete.

Im sooo with the Kainster on this one......

Harry Potter movie ruined eh....

*rubs hands in glee over bonfire of stupid HP books, DVDs, etc*

you Potter pussies had it comin......

want to read a cool story about witches n wizards, read 'The Sword in The Stone' or any of the Narnia Books, or 'La Morte D' Artur', or freakin anything by Tolkien, not by that skank jailbird Rowling.....

kicks heels, skips, does some tap.."thats the Harry sux shim-sham" :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Im sooo with the Kainster on this one......

Harry Potter movie ruined eh....

*rubs hands in glee over bonfire of stupid HP books, DVDs, etc*

you Potter pussies had it comin......

want to read a cool story about witches n wizards, read 'The Sword in The Stone' or any of the Narnia Books, or 'La Morte D' Artur', or freakin anything by Tolkien, not by that skank jailbird Rowling.....

kicks heels, skips, does some tap.."thats the Harry sux shim-sham" :p

mtfbwya

Now that's what I call laying down the hate. Daaaaaamn.

If any of you who are bashing Harry Potter haven't actually READ the books, then I'm done listening to you right about....now. Because I refuse to listen to the opinion of some close minded tool who hates a book just on principal.

any of the Narnia Books,

Now, I, like anyone who read those books when they were LITTLE, absolutely LOVED them. But this year at college, I wanted to go back a little and relive such a wonderful thing from my past, and you know what I found out? Those books are absolutely TERRIBLE if you're over the age of 7. There is no plot development, character development, the story is rushed along....they're just childrens stories. GOOD childrens stories, but they do not hold a CANDLE to the brilliance of the Harry Potter Books. So all you who hate Harry Potter can kindly leave my thread, because your opinions on this subject mean absolutely nothing to me.

Narnia sucks, sword in the stone sucks, merlin sucks, that one about the wizard and the fish sucks. Tolkein's awesome, but the others you mentioned suck.

I used to not like Harry Potter, but after watching the movie, I picked up the books, and I realized, they are wonderful books, and they'd gotten a lot of children to start reading, we're talking about an entire generation picking up books now, this hasn't happend since the 50's.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

If any of you who are bashing Harry Potter haven't actually READ the books, then I'm done listening to you right about....now....

so, when you and and your high horse wander into the EU thread and bash the njo, we can assume youve read them all too huh ?

way to paint yourself into a semantic little corner.....

and Im hardly about to get into a flame war about "Poofy Potter", although he does suck, right down to the base of my Hippogriff....

*melts ripped copies of crap Harry pooter games, which he burnt and gave out to silly kids all over his suburb*

and ET, dont take it personally man, I luvz ya, I just cant stand HP.... :p

mtfbwya

I had a pretty strong feeling this film would suck, basically because the first two sucked. Yeah. And don't gimme no crap about how I gotta read the books or my opinion doesn't count. My opinion was rendered null and void at my conception. The movies suck, so I'm not gonna read books that sh*tty movies are based on.

[EDIT] That does suck that the guy changed the appearance of some of the locations though. I'm not a fan (obviously) but I saw the first two movies, and my whole idea of what Hogwarts looks like is based on those. Didn't anyone learn a lesson of any sort from the Batman film franchise? People fear change. ;)

so, when you and and your high horse wander into the EU thread and bash the njo, we can assume youve read them all too huh ?

Actually, I only bash the first, 6 or so of them. The ones that I read. And I'm not saying you have to have read ALL of them, I'm saying you have to have read at least the first one.

*murders IG*

Hippogriff

That was a griffin, a mixture between a lion and an eagle. For someone who looks an entire movie only for the hippogriffs, you do a pretty bad job identifying them...

(Sorry if someone already mentioned this before.)

Originally posted by Doomgiver

That was a griffin, a mixture between a lion and an eagle. For someone who looks an entire movie only for the hippogriffs, you do a pretty bad job identifying them...

(Sorry if someone already mentioned this before.)

shut up. I just googled it for fecks sacke :mad:

I know that hippogriffs are a mix between a eagle and a horse...

I loved the books. Cant wait for the new one.

But the games and all the movies, ALL SUCK. All the magic just isnt realistic to me. They should have made this like the final fantasy movie. Ver realstic art. It would have made the magic seem more real and cool. Also it says some where in the last book thats been published ummm. .... order of the phoenix. I guess but anyway they say at the end of the book that they return to there normall cloths. They hadnt worn normal cloths all year long. Now im betting thats the same in these books. They just need to make some pimpin wizard cloths, not the whole dress that drags 4 feet behind u deal.

Now lol I was thinking why they did the normal cloths is cuz they ran out of money and if you zoom in i bet you the label is of some cheep company. Just started thinkin about that lol.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Er...Et, sorry about what I said earlier, I watched the movie after I posted. I now totally agree with you..:/

Whew, I was beginning to wonder if me and my friends were the only people who saw it for what it really is. Crap.

Archived