Home

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

ET Warrior

Originally posted by toms

The kids were starting to look pretty old.

i don't know, i remember having people in my year who looked way older than they were.

besides look at grease, people in their thirties pretending to be school kids :D or what about sarah michelle gellar, she was in her mid-twenties when she started playing buffy.

i really don't think them being a couple of years older than they should would matter that much.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pal™

No I'm just not "Nerdy" enough to sit there for hours reading a boring book about a boy, who has a lightning bolt on his head, and about how these crappy wizards say a load of tardsmack when they're gonna do spells. And why the heck would you think I suck just because I don't watch a movie about dwarfs some 500 year old things and a walking tree?

Wait wait. Let me get this straight...

So... you come on and insult us who read/watch HP, read/watch LotR.

What exactly do you do that is so much better?:rolleyes:

And I'm sure you're just the bloody epitomy of coolness, so that you can call others nerdy, and try to put them down.

*coughs discreetly*

Astro: *points and laughs at the jail skank reference*

In my opinion it was the best out of the three. The FRIEKN DIREcTOR messed up the whole intire movie cause it was out of cyne (spelling, supposed to be pronounced like sink). Movie 1 and 2 and the books, you walk out the castle, across a little field, and BAM, your at Hagids hut and it is like 20 feet away from the woods. This movie, walk through a giant swingging pendulem, across a bridge, then through some trees and then down some steps. This time, Hagrid has a little extension on the back of his hut, why? He is also right uo against the forest too. The director tottaly rushed it, it could have been the 3 hours like the other two. The was also a whole lot of other crap in it, it would take me several pages to write. Some good things is that Rowling said the director put some stuff in the movie that she was putting in the 7th, even though he didnt know. One such occasion is when Ron and Hermoine is by the shrieking shack. Hermoine says, "Would you like to come closer." We all, including Ron, were like "wha" so she said, "to the shrieking shak." That let up to the point in book #7 where we know they will start going out with each other.

Now, just think, the next movie is by another director. I hope he doesnt mess it up again, which he most likely will, and change it back.

And Astro, i was around, o i dunno 7 or 8 when i started reading HP, and read them in a matter of days. When the LOTR movie came out (the first), my parents got the books for me that Christmas, I read those in a matter of days also. I was 10 when that happened. So it doesnt matter what age ;). O ya, my brother was 5 when he read HP and like 9 for LOTR, a bit younger. I think the only reason he did then was because i did >_>

Hooray for jumbled messes of incorrect spelling and grammar!!

/sarcasm

-_-

BTW: That whole "going out" thing with Ron and Hermione, its still just a rumor.

So is the rumor that Harry will die.

>_>

<_<

*runs off to read book 5 again*

I have seen none of the movies except for the first 30 minutes or so of The Sorcer's Stone.

I cut it off after that. It was too much for me to bare.

I've never read the books, I have no desire to do so either.

I leave in peace. :p

Originally posted by Siv

the older wizards always wear robes, yes. thats why they have trouble disguising themselves as muggles.

its like in real life, imagine your grandfather trying to look cool... it wouldn't work because they haven't the slightest idea of what cool is. they're from a generation of wearing 'uniforms' and casual clothes for them are polyester suits :D

but just because the older wizards don't wear muggle clothes doesn't mean the kids don't.

But the older wizards don't have the slightest idea of what kind of muggle clothes would be acceptable, which they would if they had worn muggle clothes in their youths.

The insinuation in all the books is that the only wizards who ever wear muggle clothes are the ones who live with muggle families.

No I'm just not "Nerdy" enough to sit there for hours reading a boring book about a boy, who has a lightning bolt on his head, and about how these crappy wizards say a load of tardsmack when they're gonna do spells.

Hey, if you're too cool for Harry Potter, then you're too cool for this thread, so do us all a favor and stop posting in it.

Goddamn, kiddies. It's just a friggin' movie and y'all are jumping down each other's throats like it's a "Yo Momma!" insult-fest. Calm the **** down.

Now, those of you who haven't seen the movie or read the books can 'tardsmack' your way out of this thread, because quite frankly, what you say is not relevant nor conducive to civilized conversation here. From here on, every off-topic post will be deleted. And the poster will not be happy with what comes after.

Second thing. Y'all better start being civil with each other. I don't want a little bonfire in this thread that might have to get doused. You're entitled to your own opinion, but use discretion when you're posting about it. That means no underhanded, snide, insulting or otherwise hurtful remarks about anyone.

I was going to post my opinion about the movie, but now I'm just disgusted at how this thread degenerated into a cacaphony of insults. Shape up, people, or ship out.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

I was going to post my opinion about the movie, but now I'm just disgusted at how this thread degenerated into a cacaphony of insults. Shape up, people, or ship out.

...So will you still share your opinion if I asks nicely? I'm just curious on other peoples reactions to what is, in my opinion, a movie that stands to ruin the Harry Potter movie experience for me completely.

did you know that Hermione was the daughter of Helen of Troy. she was engaged to achilles' son Neoptolemus, who was killed by orestes in a fight over her. she became his wife instead.

so its looks like Ron and Hermione do get it on, but then Harry kills Ron and then marries her.

:D

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I have seen none of the movies except for the first 30 minutes or so of The Sorcer's Stone.

I cut it off after that. It was too much for me to bare.

I've never read the books, I have no desire to do so either.

I leave in peace. :p

I don't get why people are always willing to dismiss things without trying. A few people here seem to have formed opinions that HP is somehow geeky or kiddy or rubbish, which i suspect is just a reaction to the hype. Of course, a lot of things that are overhyped are a load of rubbish, but some things are hyped for a good reason.

I went into reading HP & Philosophers Stone with a lot of scepticism, but after ACTUALLY TRYING IT i had to admit that it was pretty good. Not as amazing as all the hype maybe (but nothing ever is) but still very well thought out and well written.

It's certainly less geeky than a lot of the stuff people here like (smallville, star trek, EU novels, etc..) and better written than most of it. It may well not be for everyone, but i think people should at least try it before complaining.

HP has that rare property that it has a story that con be appreciated on many levels, like Toy Story for example, and so both kids and adults can get enjoyment from it. Assuming they aren't too snobby to try it. :D

--

I think this film is unlikely to ruin anyone's HP experience ('cept ET).. It has been getting very good reviews, and the issues I had were much more to do with compression than any percieved heresy to the source material.

Originally posted by IG-64

Because your ignoring the fact that it is a masterpiece and I think you would thoroughly enjoy it but are too ignorant to watch or read it so are missing out on a brilliant world of fantasy :indif:

ROFLMAO....... here it comes ......

I could say *exactly the same things* to you about Citizen Kane , IG :D

I think Pals attitude is cool ! Reminds me of myself at that age ! Besides, Pals too busy with da ladies to be foolin with geeky books, right Pal ? :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

ROFLMAO....... here it comes ......

I could say *exactly the same things* to you about Citizen Kane , IG :D

I think Pals attitude is cool ! Reminds me of myself at that age ! Besides, Pals too busy with da ladies to be foolin with geeky books, right Pal ? :p

mtfbwya

Yes, but I did watch it and I was bored as heck. :)

I don't get why people are always willing to dismiss things without trying.

But I did try it....... I just couldn't handle it...

I never called it geeky, either. I like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars/Trek, Video Games, etc. If I made fun of someone for liking something geeky, I'd be the world's largest hypocrit. And a hypocrit is one thing I am not. If you like HP, more power to you, it's just something that's not for me.

You know, like girlfriends.

*sigh*

i didn't mean you specifically (with the geeky bit), i just meant all the people who were popping in and saying "they haven't read/seen it, but it is rubbish".

I would recommend you read the first book (all the way to the end) though... then if you don't like it. fine. good for you. but it is a pretty short book and should only take a weekend to try out.

I would recommend you read the first book (all the way to the end) though... then if you don't like it. fine. good for you. but it is a pretty short book and should only take a weekend to try out.

That is extremely solid advice, and I will tell you why. I saw the first movie before I'd read the books. And I HATED it. I thought it was long, drawn out, and boring. Then one of my ex-girlfriends (wasn't my ex at the time) was a huge potter fan and made me see chamber of secrets. Still didn't like it, and was bored through the entire movie. Then after being told time and time again that the books were fantastic, I knuckled down and read them.

And now you see how I am about Harry Potter....

I think this film is unlikely to ruin anyone's HP experience ('cept ET)..

My friends all hated it with as much fervor as I did....;)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

...And now you see how I am about Harry Potter....

My friends all hated it with as much fervor as I did....;)

your friends are hence tremendously geeky, like yourself.... :p

ET, I have a lot of respect for you, but please dont tell me you and your buds dressed as wizards to a Potter Premiere did you, coz if you did, Id have to set you on fire using my "gasoline and matchstick" spell.....

Potter....pfft !

mtfbwya

Archived